Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: Shy in Amarr space  (Read 1810 times)

Silas Ehlonite

• Clonejack
    • EVE Gate Bio
Shy in Amarr space
« on: 21 Apr 2016, 04:51 »

Hello,

I have been playing EVE for a few years now, and I am feeling drawn towards the lore side of things.  I am more of a lurker, even on comms, but I would like to start joining in on the RP side of the game. 

I had a false start with RP last year when I joined PAUX.  They were an amazing group and their involvement in the lore was awesome.  I was too shy about participating in RP and had a work buddy that was bugging me to join him in another Corp so I made the mistake of walking away. 

I am currently in TEST for WWB, but I feel restless and like I don't belong in the "dank meme" community. 

On the RP side of things, my character is a Gallente convert to the Amarrian faith and a Jamylite.  Here is my EVE Gate bio: https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Silas%20Ehlonite

Anyways, sorry for the long wall of text.  I am excited to explore this site and get to know everyone.

Utari Onzo

Re: Shy in Amarr space
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2016, 05:19 »

Hello, and welcome to backstage!

I remember you in paux, shame we didn't get to fly together more often. As for leaving and joining elsewhere, enjoyment is key, there's never any hard feelings.

As a certified consumer of dank memes, I can say it's not for everyone, and some of the memes on offer are god awful (this whole fam thing for instance?!? i remember chav kids saying it on the street in the days of ali g)

Anyways, the RP community is wide and vibrant. I started RP in a completely non-rp corp, and feel I've gone from strength to strength by focusing more on character development then what my ticker was. That can come later if you want that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2016, 05:44 by Utari Onzo »

Silas Ehlonite

• Clonejack
    • EVE Gate Bio
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2016, 05:40 »

Thank you for the welcome.   :D 

I think you are right, I will work on that character development for now and then maybe I will find a new home down the road. 

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2016, 09:20 »

"Dank memes" get annoying way too fast for my tastes, are any other jokes really that funny after the 50th time hearing them? Nope. Anyways, Welcome! Another thing you could do is build off of whatever corp you join and develop around that, rather than seclusion while you figure your character out. Actual personal experience for your character and such, food for thought I guess.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2016, 10:18 »

One of the things I did was deliberatly incorporate 13's actions into my RP. Funny moments on comma became funny conversations over a table, or other stuff like that. It's really easy to incorporate non-rp intended actions into rp events that can flesh out your character. I had a long arc going about Utari's issues with a certain mentaly insane Achur pilot who had a taste for solo roaming wormhole space in capitals. Guess which director had to foot the bill and sign the death insurances off? :)

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2016, 10:55 »

Heh ya, I did the same thing with DMR and Scope Works (and you wonder why Deitras a mess. HASH, CO2 and scope works = insanity)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2016, 15:25 »

visit the Holy Grape Silas, I'd be happy to meet you!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2016, 09:34 »

visit the Holy Grape Silas, I'd be happy to meet you!

Saw this on 'recent posts' and had to do a double-take.. :P

Hi there, Silas, hope you enjoy the RPers and diving into the lore end of the pool.  May your adventures be exciting :)

Silas Ehlonite

• Clonejack
    • EVE Gate Bio
« Reply #8 on: 23 Apr 2016, 07:32 »

Hello. I was able to watch the Amarr Championship while enjoying the Lamb Jamyl and a few beers in the Holy Grape. I really enjoyed it and look forward to joining in for more RP later. (great name btw)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2016, 08:54 »

Ah, I knew I spotted you somewhere.
Welcome Backstage.
-OOChé