Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Wiyrkomi megacorporation is known for the trustworthiness and stubborn patriotism of the founding Seituoda family, who are still thought to own the controlling interest in the company?

Author Topic: Playing more than one character  (Read 919 times)

Kontrahage

• Clonejack
Playing more than one character
« on: 03 Apr 2016, 03:15 »

Hello awesome eve RP community!

I am in sort of a predicament.
My one main character can IC not fulfill the tasks he is required to due to unchangeable attributes, namely his race.
So I am more and more coming to the conclusion that I have to create a new character mainly for RP. This new character will not
become my actual IG main, because I would not inject him with more than 5 million SP while my current 2008 char is almost where I ultimately want him in terms of skills. Which means that while this new character would be my RP main, I would still spend most of my in game time
with my current one as something like the new one's brainwashed proxy.

I have mini rped my alts before because i feel that everything we do in game is  IC (except chats ofc), but this alt rping is extremely limited and would not compare to what I would be doing with my side-lined main.

Would you share your experiences with playing multiple chars, please?

Utari Onzo

Re: Playing more than one character
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2016, 06:11 »

All my alts are also my characters. Often, when appropriate, I'll even dual box or multibox characters for an event. The whole point is to ensure there's the strong feeling of 'family' when people are exposed to Utari. His remaining family are mostly capsuleers, and they play a big part in his day to day life.

Now, in regards to limitations, what exactly are you unable to do with Kontrahage? What is it you're aiming for? Generally, rolling a new char to supplant time with a 'main' hasn't worked out for me, my alts are supporting characters that inject a little development/intrigue for my 'main'.

Kontrahage

• Clonejack
Re: Playing more than one character
« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2016, 07:31 »

One of my goals is to reinvigorate the RP tradition of Imperial Dreams as a conservative amarr corp dedicated to Operation Deliverance with all that goes with.
To achieve this it is not enough to talk about it OOC. I would have to give an example as an inspiration to others.
Kontrahage, as an Achuran deeply rooted in his ancestral culture and of introverted personality cannot fulfill this role.
Actually I have already acted outside his real persona on several IGS posts last year. Kontrahage and thus I myself cannot assume any leadership functions within IG because it is not his place to tell true amarr, possibly even a noble, what is right or wrong.
No matter how much i let him be reclaimed and alter his personality he will always be limited by his bloodline.
I do not want a character who is boss over everybody else but at least one who can fully participate in IC discussions with ultra conservative amarr.

Also, Kontrahage would never attend events such as the Pakhshi conferences. He can never be given a role as a representative of IG or any office within the corp because of it. Originally i didn't mind. I felt Amarr RP had sufficient holder characters and I would have been happy to play a lesser one. I also love what Sami does with her former slave girl. But this only works ina functioning RP environment. I have failed to come up with a solution to create such an environment with a character who is by nature limited to obedient service or rebellion. Needed is on who can speak out and call for a following.