Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The command division of the Angel Cartel is called the Dominations.

Author Topic: [Questions]  (Read 694 times)

Zamiel en Distel

• Clonejack
  • For The Intaki Citizens!
    • Gallente Federation Space
[Questions]
« on: 22 Mar 2016, 15:39 »

Greetings,

I have a few questions that i think it's very important to get answered before I start working on my character.

1. How do I decide on my characters age? OOC I am only a few days old, but that's not possible IC. IC, can i assume that i am at least in my mid to late 20s?
2. How do I determine my home world and family lineage? Will any temporate planet be OK? Can I completely make up my family background? The "en Distel" name is common in EVE so I don't want to clash with anyone.
3. Do I need to create characters of my family members?

Also, what other suggestions can you give me for starting the progress?

Fly Safe
Zamiel en Distel
Founder of Intaki Synod

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
Re: [Questions]
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2016, 16:57 »

1) Character age is entirely up to you, assuming it's not a minor, in which case just no. For reasons.
2) Go for something plausible. The bigger and more important your background is supposed to be, the more careful you'd have to be with facts - and with what you can actually portray in interactions or in the game. New Eden is incredibly huge and save some background story centric locations entirely unmapped on a planetary scale. Societies live not just on planets but also in space - so it is safe to say that all and any environments have been made habitable one way or another.
3) Usually every player character is a capsuleer (or Dusters). You can bend that rule a bit if you want to actively play/incorporate a non-capsuleer character for RP reasons.  If it is just meant as background for your character that will never actively getting played - don't bother doing so. People will believe you that your parents exist without the necessary papers. ;)

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2016, 09:41 »

If you want to jump right in and RP, I would not to stress a ton of details right up front, just get a general idea of backstory and fill it in as you go.  Maybe keep a notebook/notepad++ handy to jot things down as they come up so you can start collection those details.

Of course I'm not saying it's bad to figure out all this stuff ahead of time, if you want to, go for it!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2016, 17:49 »

As stated age is whatever you want it to be and that seems reasonable to you.

If you're unsure about which planet to use as a place of birth you could always have your character station or ship born. To the best of my knowledge family members don't have to be generated as characters unless you want them to be directly contactable in game.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.