Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That capsuleers frequently communicate by means of dataprojectors? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So... whatchoo doin'? (Downtime Woes)  (Read 4697 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
So... whatchoo doin'? (Downtime Woes)
« on: 23 Jun 2010, 22:32 »

So, what's everyone doing while the servers are tits up?

Personally, I've written a blogpost, watched Eve vids I for some reason never got around to see and playing a bunch of 'offline' games. List of games I'm having a blast in right now:

1. Alpha Protocol.

Decent enough game. Interesting way of playing it, but personally not too impressed by the gameplay. The story might be decent down the line, but I'm not sinking too much time into it.

2. Space Siege.

Ever played Dungeon Siege? Yeah, this is the sci-fi version. Mindless action 'rpg' with no real roleplaying, just stat increasing. Brainless fun.

3. Magic: The Gathering. Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Okay, this is the game that confirmed just how much of a nerd I am. I am playing a TCG on the internet, and having a blast while doing it. Magic: The Gathering is still the penultimate trading card game, and this game makes it so much less... hassle... to play, while providing all of the awesome. More awesome, in fact, than the real life card game.

And then, the cream of the crop...

4. F.E.A.R (the original)

After I saw it on Steam quite recently, I rebought it and reinstalled it. It's bloody awesome. I'd forgotten just how much win and awesome the action was, and how insanely creepy the horror sequences are. Even though I've played through it twice in the past, I still get those adrenaline filled OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK DEAR SWEET JESUS SAVE ME! moments that just makes life worth living.

Gods I love that game. So awesome.

Anyway whatchoo doin'? What are you playing, if anything?

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
Re: So... whatchoo doin'? (Downtime Woes)
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2010, 22:33 »

Overlord.  :yar:

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2010, 22:35 »

1. Alpha Protocol.

Decent enough game. Interesting way of playing it, but personally not too impressed by the gameplay. The story might be decent down the line, but I'm not sinking too much time into it.
Playing this right now... Obsidian, same folks who did KOTOR II.  Similar gameplay to Mass Effect in a way, and yeah, story's decent enough... but Obsidian is no BioWare.  Fun enough while I wait for BioWare to put out another masterpiece for me.

Or maybe I should finish Dragon Age: Origins and get the expansion...

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2010, 23:09 »

Transformice. See: Izzy thread.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2010, 23:19 »

Playing a Japanese Loli Fighting Game most of the day, reading forums, responding to mails, reading Questionable Content. Oh, doing homework a little too, I suppose.

Also drama. Always drama, everywhere I go. I swear I'm going to start clubbing people to death with my Tao Teh Ching.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2010, 00:24 »

Oh yes... oh oh oh yes... that was good... oh yeeeaaaah....

Finishing F.E.A.R (the original) is about the same experience as one long orgasm. Took me a great deal shorter time than I had expected, but then I've done it twice before. That ending in the helicopter always gives me the chills, knowing what's been unleashed. And better yet, who you yourself are in relation to that. It's... it's so fantastic.

Even though I don't acknowledge the expansions as 'real' F.E.A.R canon, since they're not made by the same developers, I guess I'll be playing through those as well. Then F.E.A.R 2, considering that's pretty much F.E.A.R 1 with much shinier graphics and the same win storyline and gameplay...

Well... except they took a page from the console retard book and added quicktime events. Fuckin' consoles and their shit for brain userbase fucking with my gameplay by wanting these retarded things.

Vieve

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2010, 02:47 »

• Wurk
  • Monster Herding (he's out of class until next week).
  • Boiling the house (got a house guest this weekend).
  • Prepping a salad garden.
  • Idle EvE-related thoughts
  • Editing Book Two of a friend's werewolf duology.
  • Whiteboarding a series, once I get around to Step One: find where the DH stashed my big ass whiteboard.
  • Sims 3: Ambitions

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2010, 03:14 »

Transformice. See: Izzy thread.

I am also hooked.
Although I did play Overlord through a second time. Ending is epicwin \o/

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:11 »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:25 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s

Now, on a more serious note. Mostly waiting on the servers to come up and fiddling with the wacom tablet. Trying to desperately to get some more sleep and stalking the forums. Popping anxiety meds like pez. Fuck yeah.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2010, 04:57 »

a) Photoshop!
My never ending love for creating stuff in photoshop continues during downtime!

b) Sleep!
As I am Australian, i have chosen to spend most of the downtime asleep, however finding that ever during my day its still not up, massive BOO!

c) RL STUFFZ!
Having found and purchased the recent TopGear Australia magazine, I have been devouring that and enjoying the sounds of 500HP Italian Supercars >_>

d) Waiting for EVE to come back up the goddamn fail devs! (Not really, I <3 the Devs, I just miss mah EVE)

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:11 »

As much as I loathe to admit it...

• Sims 3: Ambitions

That.

My god is it addictive. -.-;;

MAD SCIENTIST LIVING IN A BUNKER! BWAHAAHAH!

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:12 »

Work. Blogging. Wii. Family. Sleep. :)

Aodha Khan

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:21 »

I'm playing with real life while Eve is down now I have a hangover!  :evil:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jun 2010, 06:44 »

Extraction Point done and done. It was easier than I thought it would be, but by now I have the 'win' tactics fairly well ingrained in my head. However, it's very easy to tell this expansion is not made by the original devs. The storytelling is sub-par compared to the original F.E.A.R and there's an annoying amount of physics bugs. Well, not bugs as such, but they keep placing things so retardedly that no matter how you pass through a room, you'll set off a hundred different 'kerwhumph' noises when things shift and move. Not a problem in the original.

I do like the new weapons and enemies. The Nightmares I really like. Nigh invisible and fast predators, similar to the 'technoninjas' in the original, except these stay on the ground and are much faster. Hate the ending though. While the first left you on a note of 'awesome' as the evil makes one last scare, this one is just a boring cliffhanger.

It's quite interesting to play through these games again, with a far more critical eye than one had back when they were released, and it was all new and shiny. Still, I remember the same disgruntlement back then as well.

Pages: [1] 2