Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: reddit - post what you think of the latest seasonal "events"  (Read 5976 times)

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET

The gameplay in these sites is pretty boring as is 95% of all PvE. The gameplay around these sites is top notch. ;)

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger

Sites have been overbuffed I think. Rather than being able to complete them with a stock Harpy with web and scram onboard, as you could with the Serpentis ones, now you have to shell out money for something more substanital.

Ashley

• Wetgraver

I was more about videos were so ridiculous they were comedy in its purest form.  About pve they could do a little bit more imo from hacking to 2 step escalations to even making different choices - help faction A or B. It is a 3rd event in a row that is mechanically completely the same and this is sad and boring.

I wouldn't mind helping pirates in some of those events, Valkyries are a new entity IC so why all of a sudden every one want to help them and not "liberate" them with a bullet in the head. ;P

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Amusing to do in a fleet when the enemy doesn't show up. The bidding on women's shoes is fast and vicious.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette

They aren't interesting at all, CCP may not care statistics may show people do the and that equals to the thing that they like them

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

gotta say that after reading all the comments here, i can agree with 2 points in particular:

- They should be bound by region/area/faction: it does indeed look silly that the guristas (or other factions) had facilities ALL over the cluster...including rival factions space.

- Scope videos are cool from the standpoint those are actual IC channels that characters can use, but the way they are scripted or shown is a bit cheesie...would like a bit more "dark" tone to them.

besides that, i would love more variation....the angels should be next, then minor factions (Ammatar, syndicate, SoCT, Khanid Kingdom, Thuker tribe would be awesome) in some relation to the larger empire factions.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

While I agree with much of the criticism (positive as well as negative) that's been given, the critique I have is of a more general nature:

By making this into seasonal events, this can only lead to - I think - an "Oh, it's the Pirate Faction X's time of the year"-effect. That, to me, is immersion breaking. Why would the, say, Bloodraiders always come around at the same time of the year (other than them OOCly fitting the Halloween-theme), why should the Guristas ((other than bunnies OOCly fitting the Easter-theme)?

It just doesn't make any intime sense, at least I don't see how.

P.S.: That said, I see why it makes sense to have events at those dates OOCly. But why tie certain factions to specific seasons? I think it'd be much better and even possibly more interesting to have the events at those times, but instead of tying a specific faction to those holidays (Easter-GuristaBunnies, Halloween-Blooders) to deliberately break with those all-too-obvious fits. Have Easter-GuristaBunnies one year, but not every year. Rather, imagine how an Easter-Blooder-event would look like. Ofc, that woulod be a lot more work on CCP's side, so... I think it's not realistic to expect them to go that route.

Honestly, my biggest fear is that those events will just be exactly the same events each year (or only minor variations), so that in three years you have the weird situation, ICly, that when the Omir comes you can't really be surprised either ICly nor OOCly and can't do much more than yawning and say: "Oh, It's that time of the year again. Yah, Omir is doing that every year. I guess it's a defect clone - one that's similar to a vinyl record that plays the same part over and over again."
« Last Edit: 27 Mar 2016, 11:56 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

In this case, the Gurista event just happens to coincide with Easter.

It's actually an EVE tie-in for the Valkyrie launch, which is Tuesday.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

i don't quite believe they are going to repeat year after year the "same" event.....that would be kinda silly from a marketing angle.

I do think they are going to keep scheduling and rotating seasonal events....but most likely each event will be tie ins with additional games in the CCP repertoire or with lore plots.
Pages: 1 [2]