Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Character] Persephone Alleile  (Read 3953 times)

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
[Character] Persephone Alleile
« on: 10 Mar 2016, 14:16 »

Name: Persephone Alleile
Hair: Red
Eyes: Hazel
Apparent age: 26
Actual age: 30
Height: 162cm
Weight: 42kg
Ethnicity: 75% Intaki 25% Sebiestor
Education: Center for Advanced Studies
Employment history: Tartarus Covert Operations (current), Nocx Initiative, The Blackfeather Syndicate

Family:
Demaatria en Chalune (Mother, born on Vey II. Artist of some renown within the Federation).
Naffiskur Alleile (Father, born on Gallente Prime. Son of an adopted Sebiestor refugee and an Intaki Federal citizen, Maintenance Technician).
Hadeth Alleile (Brother, born on Vey II. Forestry technician).

Political stance:
Communist, Intaki separatist sympathizer.

General Profile:
Scout/intelligence officer and de facto fleet commander for the Nocx Initiative, a freelance wormhole based corporation residing in a Class 4 wormhole system. Favours covert ops frigates and recon cruisers.

Physical Description:
Pale skin and frail build hint towards long periods spent inside her pod and general neglect for the body. Sports an optical implant to aid in analyzing sensor probe data, otherwise minimal cybernetic implants.

Psychological Profile:
Generally reserved and calm, Persephone cultivates an air of professionalism and practicality. She makes the effort to treat others tactfully and to respect their individuality, even if she disagrees with them. Occasionally this mask falls and she can display poor impulse control, short temper and irritability, but these cracks in her facade are usually quickly patched up.

Persephone is generally quite shy and has difficultly maintaining social connections as a result. She is also prone to occasional depressive periods.

Background:
Persephone was born in a parivaar on Vey II (Maatrukaanan to the Intaki locals), a planet known for its massive forests full of high quality wood. Raised in a peaceful but sheltered communal setting she excelled at school, especially the physical sciences, computer sciences, history and philosophy. As she grew older she became more and more disillusioned her seemingly limited horizons on Vey II, especially since she was never very good at woodworking. Seeing how restless she was her parents advised her to seek the counsel of Ramjat Idama, an Intaki reborn living on Maatrukaanan known to be an excellent judge of character. After an interview and some deep meditative contemplation Ramjat Idama suggested Persephone apply to the capsuleer program. She followed his advice and a short while later she was accepted into the program and set off for the Center for Advanced Studies.

Her departure was bittersweet. On the one hand she was excited to leave Maatrukaanan for the first time and see the greater galactic community with her own eyes, on the other hand her relationship with her mother became strained. Persephone's mother is of a somewhat conservative bent and felt that the artificial immortality offered by the clone and capsule disrupted the natural flow of death and rebirth central to the Ida. She wept when Persephone told her she was to become a capsuleer as though she had died. Persephone still maintains occasional communications with her father and brother, but needless to say this development has created a rift between her and her baseliner family that has had lasting psycho-spiritual implications that Persephone still wrestles with.

At the Center for Advanced Studies Persephone specialized in astrometrics, archaeology, salvaging operations and research and development. As a fledgling capsuleer she was immediately fascinated by wormholes and the mysterious unknown space beyond. She discovered her first wormhole during a training exercise on her first day in the pod and throwing caution to the wind dove through. Woefully unprepared for the challenges of exploration in Anoikis she shortly experienced the loss of her first ship and crew and was faced with the difficult decision of self-destructing her pod and transferring consciousness to a new clone for the first time.

Despite this initial setback (or perhaps because of it?) Persephone's interest in wormholes grew. She joined a corporation of explorers based in Stacmon in the Placid region where she learned the basics about wormholes and the various types of cosmic signatures.

During this part of her life Persephone often thought back to discussions with her father about what life was like outside of the peaceful parivaars of Maatrukaanan. He would always say the same thing "it's madness out there, not like the paradise we have here." When she was young she never believed him but now she saw he was correct. Since leaving her home she was faced with the incomprehensible scale of suffering and death in the New Eden cluster. Persephone experienced a crisis of faith, rejected the pod and spent a year and a half working as a research assistant at the Duvolle Labs station orbiting Slays II.

This was a dark period in Persephone's life, wracked with doubt, self-pity and lonliness, but in the midst of this darkness she found light in the form of a renewed interest in Ida and the practice of meditation. One night, deep in meditation she had a revelation: the root of the suffering she was experiencing was her own lack of acceptance. Her lack of acceptance for the more distasteful aspects of life in New Eden were a reflection of her lack of acceptance of certain primal urges in herself. The more she denied her shadow, the more she saw of it in the world around her. The more harshly she judged her own primal urges the more she judged others who acted upon theirs. With practice and the application of willpower she was able to let go of judgment (to an extent) and the dark clouds began to part. She realized that if she was truly committed to seeking the nature of her true self she would need to return to the spaceways.

In YC116 Persephone renewed her pilots license and entered her pod once more. She joined a start-up corporation whose goal was to establish a self-sustaining capsuleer community in Anoikis. She has now been living in Anoikis for 10 months and has risen the corporate ladder. Anoikis seems to have changed her though, no longer the peaceful explorer she once was Persephone has been involved in a number of acts of piracy in low security space, including pod-killing and attacks on members of the Caldari, Gallente and Amarr capsuleer militias.

In the long term Persephone is interested in developing her skills as a scout and fleet commander and eventually learning to pilot black ops battleships in order to offer covert strike services to paying customers. She is also interested in connecting with her Matari heritage. Her grandfather was adopted at a young age and remembers little of his life before moving to the Federation, but she knows she has family somewhere in the Pator system. She also considers herself a spiritual seeker, on the path of understand the true nature of the self and the mysteries of consciousness.

Persephone is still troubled sometimes by how much joy the thrill of the hunt and the destruction of her fellow casuleer's spacecraft gives her, and how there is a growing rift between her and baseline humanity but she's learning to accept these aspects of her self.

After a self-imposed exile of a few months Persephone decided on a change of direction. Losing interest in looting sleeper sites and hunting unfortunates in Anoikis, not to mention the appearance of Drifters in her corporation's Class 5 home system, she moved to Intaki Syndicate and started her own business. On YC118.11.17 Tartarus Covert Operations was founded by Persephone and her business partner and distant cousin Mordvin Naskingar with the goal being to provide cloaking and covert ops technology to Syndicate, Placid, Verge Vendor and Sinq Laison regions.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2016, 10:23 by Persephone Alleile »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: [Character] Persephone Alleile
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2016, 16:10 »

This seems like a character Saede would like getting to know.

And my corp has a C4 static so we might have you as our static some day :)
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 10 Mar 2016, 16:47 »

This seems like a character Saede would like getting to know.

And my corp has a C4 static so we might have you as our static some day :)

We've met actually https://zkillboard.com/kill/51949303/  ;)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 10 Mar 2016, 17:46 »

Aha! I thought you seemed familiar XD

Its good to see more wormholers on backstage.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Skyweir Kinnison

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2016, 08:28 »

Interesting backstory. I hope you explore more of the Intaki - Matari spiritual links, ad there may be some fascinating correlations that you could develop. Skyweir doesn't have much time for separatists (let alone communists!) but he is a keen student of spiritual ideologies, particularly the divergent Minmatar faiths found in the Federation.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2016, 11:07 »

Nice to see another wormholer character. Former c5 resident right here, awesome you've addressed the point about piracy as it's a lot of what affected Utari and his choice to leave. That, and, the isolation.

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2016, 11:13 »

Thanks for the welcome!

@Skywier Persephone isn't very vocal about her politics, she finds political debate tiresome and mostly keeps her opinions to herself unless asked ;).

Really don't know much about Minmatar spirituality, know any good sources?

@Utari Yeah I had a hard time coming to terms with the piracy and violence that comes with running in w-space circles, and I wanted Perse to be thoughtful about it and try to come to terms with why she's drawn to that sort of thing. I like the idea that she is exploring her psychological shadow and immersing herself in the capsuleer lifestyle as an act of self-discovery. Makes PVP feel a little more meaningful to me ;)

Also our corp used to be part of the Eternal Praetorian Alliance, which was made up of Provi types who moved into w-psace. The alliance fell apart due to lack of direction (the alliance head wanted us all to move into a c5 together but we were quite settled in our c4 and a lot of the members wanted to move back to null). In the end the ones who wanted to head back to Provi joined your alliance, their corp is called The Alabaster Albatross, do you know them? I think a couple of them are even in your corp.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #7 on: 13 Mar 2016, 11:47 »

Yup, they are indeed :) Small world after all.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2016, 11:22 »

Hmm, a fellow communist...
I've not read too much as I'm with Saede, Ché would probably like to meet her as well.
-OOChé

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2016, 09:47 »

I took some time off EVE but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

IC Persephone has been in self-imposed exile on J143140 III, a terrestrial planet with some small capsuleer founded colonies, for the past few months. She decided to go into exile because she was feeling a lot of stress at her role in her corporation and doubt at her chosen path. The time alone has helped her to return to a place of peace and consider some new possibilities.

When she returned from her planetside exile she found that her corporation had joined a new alliance and relocated to a class 5 wormhole system. Persey half-expected her corporate membership to be terminated or at least to have been demoted from her officer rank, for her but instead she was welcomed back with open arms as though she had never left.

She is currently settling in to her corp's new c5 home, but in the back of her mind she is considering moving back to the known space of the New Eden cluster, specifically back to her home in Placid or else to try her luck in Syndicate space.

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov 2016, 10:44 »

Persephone has struck out on her own. Tartarus Covert Operations is now open for business, specializing in covert ops and cloaking technology.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #11 on: 22 Nov 2016, 11:10 »

First time reading your character profile. Very interesting and neat stuff indeed. Especially the aspects and challenges she faces growing up...I think they are things quite a few of us can identify with - very relatable character.

Also best of luck on your new venture :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 23 Nov 2016, 08:19 »

Thanks! I'm trying to get more into the RP side of EVE, new corp is part of that ;)

Now I just need to make some friends  :lol:
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2016, 08:27 by Persephone Alleile »

Xepharious

• Egger
  • Building a home, one word at a time
    • What is you Origin Story?
« Reply #13 on: 07 Dec 2016, 08:47 »

I'm a bit buried by corp and RL stuff lately but feel free to chat Xeph up for some RP if ya are looking for friends!
Xepharious
ALEXYLVA PARADOX | Sub-Coordinator | Recruiter
alexylva.webnode.com
What's your Origin Story?
http://www.alexylva-paradox.com/origin-tldr/

Persephone Alleile

• Probe Operator
  • Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 07 Dec 2016, 13:36 »

I'm a fan of Alexylva Paradox. I should def. come hang out in you guys' IC channel.
Pages: [1] 2