Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Daedalus X pulled off a Capital ship heist in a level two wormhole. read more here

Author Topic: Help a spacebro out (aka gib me ur moniez)  (Read 1065 times)

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
Help a spacebro out (aka gib me ur moniez)
« on: 11 Feb 2016, 01:56 »

Hello friends! As some of you may know, I aim to study abroad this coming summer in Spain. Of course, paying for higher education in the United States is already expensive enough, so I am reaching out to you all to help me make ends meet for this trip! If you're interested in knowing more, you can visit my GoFundMe campaign here.

Any amount will be greatly appreciated. And I know some of you are struggling to make ends meet yourself, so if you can't afford to give any donation then that is A-okay too! In that case, I would appreciate you spreading word about my ambitions to your friends and family instead. Either way, thank you for reading and have a wonderful day <3 :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Help a spacebro out (aka gib me ur moniez)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2016, 08:25 »

Get a loan, or get a credit card, or apply for funding through the school or other scholarships? Or a part time job?   
« Last Edit: 11 Feb 2016, 08:29 by Silas Vitalia »

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2016, 16:59 »

Get a loan
I'm already taking out student loans to pay for my education. I would really prefer not to take out even more loans putting myself deeper in debt, but that actually is an option I'm ready to use if I must.

Quote from: Silas Vitalia
get a credit card
To be honest, I'm not sure how getting a credit card will help? I'm bad at adulting so please explain how to be an adult to me here lol. I mean I have one...I think...but my parents told me pretty much never use it unless I have to. I guess because I'm not working so I can't make payments to pay off whatever I use it for. I dunno.

apply for funding through the school or other scholarships?
Hmm...this is actually a good idea. I haven't checked yet to see if Saddleback offers any study abroad scholarships for their programs.

As for other scholarships, however, I've been looking into that. For example, I'm applying for one through my dad's work union, but I remember the last time I won money there was a stupid amount of restrictions on what I could use it on. This is something I've definitely been working on, though.

Or a part time job?
This isn't a feasible option for me to help pay for this trip, especially given the time constraints. If you are interested in knowing, however, I'm actually currently in the process of applying to be a certified peer educator here on campus (which is a paid position, I believe). Even if I get accepted into the program, though, I wouldn't start until next academic year.

TL;DR - This GoFundMe campaign is simply one method I'm choosing to utilize to help acquire the funds to pay for this study abroad program. It is absolutely not the only way I am planning on paying for it. If you'd like to donate, then please feel free! If not, that is totally okay too. You don't need to come off as passive-aggressive about it though. Thanks, and have a good day!
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2016, 19:39 »

Don't take this the wrong way, but I worry for your generation :)

Hope you get to go on your trip, Europe is wonderful.