Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that station interiors have a day/night cycle mimicking planets? (p. 88)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Looking for a Roleplay Corporation  (Read 3898 times)

Juno Xi

• Clonejack
Looking for a Roleplay Corporation
« on: 28 Jan 2016, 06:32 »

Hey folks.

So first off I'm a new player to EVE, but I've been roleplaying for a long time now, and I'm really enjoying the game.

What I'm hoping to find is a RP Corperation, group, player... Anything that will give me opportunities to enjoy RP along with others while playing the game. RP will be a large part of my focus, so that is my main priority. Outside of that (Or while RPing) I have taken to Exploring and Mining, if there are any who engage in this in RP that's an added bonus!

I have a rough idea for my character. They are Gallente, but I can be flexible with it, willing to be indebted to another Corporation or Faction in some way so she has to work for them at the moment. I'm an EU player by the way.

Hope this isn't to vague and if it is, just shout and hopefully I can explain it more clearly.

Thanks!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: Looking for a Roleplay Corporation
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2016, 07:22 »

Hi welcome, there are very few RP Gallente corporations, and the ones that can support and help out a new player, to the extent of my knowledge are mostly concentrated in the GMVA alliance (Villore Accords), currently participating in Faction Warfare.

That translates into a heavy focus on PvP activities in low-sec space....if you are up for it, then you'll have a great time. If you are seeking a more "industry" oriented group, that can teach you the ropes as you go, then probably eve-university is a better option to start, and then join a pure RP corporation.

I would love to offer you a spot in Agiolet Security & Logistics (my corp), but its just me and work leaves me little time to actually play the game.

Juno Xi

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2016, 08:37 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think the heavy PVP for now should be put on the back-burner while I learn the basics. ^^

I'm not actually fixed on a Gallente corp. I just picked it as my background because it seemed like the most diverse of the factions, that would be able to fit in with other factions (Maybe I'm wrong?) So I'm really after any RP organization that would accommodate me, and I'm wiling to make a backstory that fits with them.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2016, 13:24 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I think the heavy PVP for now should be put on the back-burner while I learn the basics. ^^

I'm not actually fixed on a Gallente corp. I just picked it as my background because it seemed like the most diverse of the factions, that would be able to fit in with other factions (Maybe I'm wrong?) So I'm really after any RP organization that would accommodate me, and I'm wiling to make a backstory that fits with them.

Assuming you are playing a Gallente character.

Gradient has had Gallente pilots (and I think still has) and is a good place to learn about the industrial side of the setting. You just have to accept that they are focused on the Republic. Also Bionesis Technologies are lots of fun, although with them it would help if you could speak French.

Oh, and there's also The Halcyon Directive. From what I recall they are more Fed based but I haven't had much contact with them lately so I'm not sure what they are doing these days.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jan 2016, 13:43 »

That you are playing a gallente capsuleer does not, in any way, restrict you to play for any faction.

You can be a gallante who converted to amarr faith
A half-caldari/half-gallente born in the Caldari state
A gallente fascinated with tribal culture
A Gallente with intaki ancestry living in the Syndicate region....

and don't be afraid to get your feet wet with PvP, is entertaining, but more often than not people choose to have a better income in ISK before venturing into it head-first.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jan 2016, 13:48 »

Off the top of my head I know two active RP corps that are indy friendly and currently recruiting. There's probably a tonne out there, but these two are definatly confirmed recommends from me.

SFRIM - Amarr Liberals

Re-Awakened Technologies - Republic loyalist organisation

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jan 2016, 15:45 »

There's also the Intaki Liberation Front.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 28 Jan 2016, 16:55 »

damn i forgot about them, yes most recommended, they are based in low-sec Intaki and industry/market focused on creating a healthy market in the area.....what more can you ask for  :D

Sakaane Eionell

• Wetgraver
    • Solitary Pilot
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jan 2016, 19:00 »

damn i forgot about them, yes most recommended, they are based in low-sec Intaki and industry/market focused on creating a healthy market in the area.....what more can you ask for  :D
*waves*

ILF would be happy to have you! Another explorer/miner would be a great addition. :)

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2016, 19:07 »

Hi welcome, there are very few RP Gallente corporations, and the ones that can support and help out a new player, to the extent of my knowledge are mostly concentrated in the GMVA alliance (Villore Accords), currently participating in Faction Warfare.

That translates into a heavy focus on PvP activities in low-sec space....if you are up for it, then you'll have a great time. If you are seeking a more "industry" oriented group, that can teach you the ropes as you go, then probably eve-university is a better option to start, and then join a pure RP corporation.

I would love to offer you a spot in Agiolet Security & Logistics (my corp), but its just me and work leaves me little time to actually play the game.

If the newbro does want to join Villore accords make sure you know a little about PVP first. The alliance doesn't treat very new people well, was my first alliance/corp when I first joined the game. Not good meaning they did a piss poor job teaching you how to play other than yelling at you for your win/loss ratio.
The other options will become very apparent with using the channel OOC within eve to meet and talk to people about what you want to do and who to do it with.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2016, 19:20 »

Thanks for the reply.

As a Gallente you really have a lot of options with what you want to do. Their faction is so broken up, so freedom-loving they can go anywhere from fascists to liberal "Free love" without anyone batting an eye. The main thing is if you want to go 'good', neutral, or evil and see how that takes you within corporations. Then of course the whole "naïve" good, chaotic good, maybe "the path to hell is paved with good intentions" and even more choices for neutral and evil.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jan 2016, 05:13 »

For the record, Akheteru Integrated Astrometrics is hiring.  Live in C4 wh with C4/C3 statics, opportunities for newbros to make ISK through brokering drug deals for our clients (yes, we manufacture and sell space drugs) as well as gas harvesting, mining ABC ores and salvaging behind vets as you skill into your own PvP and PvE specialized ships.

Convo me or Charlinda Akheteru (which is also me) ingame or send a mail.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Juno Xi

• Clonejack
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2016, 15:21 »

Really appreciate all the replies guys!

Really liked the look of the ILF so hopefully they will have me. Thanks for all the responses and hope to see ya'll out in space soon. :)

Rinai Vero

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2016, 11:42 »

If the newbro does want to join Villore accords make sure you know a little about PVP first. The alliance doesn't treat very new people well, was my first alliance/corp when I first joined the game. Not good meaning they did a piss poor job teaching you how to play other than yelling at you for your win/loss ratio.
The other options will become very apparent with using the channel OOC within eve to meet and talk to people about what you want to do and who to do it with.

Just want to chime in real quick. 5+ year GMVA vet and director here.

First, I'm sorry Liuni had a bad experience starting out the game in one of our corps. I'm glad you stuck with EVE and are still around.

Second, I'd like to respectfully point out that the experience Liuni had in one GMVA corp for 3 months back in 2012/2013 might not be representative of GMVA today.  We have six member corps, all with different player cultures, different leadership personalities, and different levels of development.  We have loads of new players joining all the time, we value their contributions, and we want them to grow up strong to kill lots of squids.

I'm pretty distressed to hear about anyone in our alliance "yelling about win/loss ratios" at a new player, even if it was four years ago.  That's absolutely not the culture I'm used to in Moira, where I was and still am prone to plenty of derp losses. I also know [EL-G] also has some really nice RP people these days, like Aedre and Tarek.

Anyway, that said the advice to be prepared for pvp if you want to join us is well given.  Gallente Militia in general tends to be a place where free atrons rain from the heavens upon new players with the expectation that they blow up often.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 24 Apr 2016, 00:36 »

SFRIM is recruiting, yes. :)
We're a corp loyal to the Amarr Empire and thus faith-based: We recently opened a section for non-faithful who want to fight the  Drifters, though. It's not 100% the same as being in corp RP wise, but I'm sure it offers lots of interesting RP opportunities. And OOC you'd be welcomed as anyone else.
If interested, best try to get a hold of Lunarisse Aspenstar in game, or if you should see me around just open a convo.
Pages: [1] 2