Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Author Topic: Utari's Logs: D-G Reloaded  (Read 558 times)

Utari Onzo

Utari's Logs: D-G Reloaded
« on: 17 Jan 2016, 06:47 »

[spoiler]The following is an In Character telling of the events up to, and after, a recent fight in d-g. It's not meant to serve as a battle report, but instead give a sense of a Capsuleer's life on the front line. This is the first of a hopefully continuous series to be posted here and over at Provibloc.net, and I'd appreciate any and all feedback.[/spoiler]

#### Loading Pilot Logs, Pilot Utari Onzo. ####
Fluid Router Location: F-YH5B, Planet III Station, "The Providence Petting Zoo",
Time Stamp: 16/01/YC118 - 17:30 New Eden Standard Time
Entry Start:

So. Here we are again, D-GTMI reinforced by Pandemic Legion and their 'Horde'. It's been a recurring story for the last few weeks, with PL and company entosising our infrastructure. For the most part, it seems they're just bored and looking to prod Providence with a stick. When you've got a pseudo-immortality thanks to cloning, I guess wars are more of a game then a tool of diplomacy and actual conquest. Not that it comforts the baseliner crews much, but outside a few noble individuals who ever thinks of them?

No matter, looks like the fleet is up. Timer's coming out 18:13 NES time. Cerberus fleet, excellent, I think I'll take TES Jamyl out. Ironic, calling a Huginn class vessel, the pride of the Minmatar Recons, after our former Empress. Still, best get the Chief to rustle up the crew, get the ammo loaded.

17:50 NST

The usual chatter in fleet it seems. Looks like our FC, pilot by the handle 'Reel Talk', got himself in the wrong comms line wondering where his fleet went. That's gotten a chuckle out of everyone. Alright, looks like we're undocking. This should be a quick trip to a certain welp if the reports of PL calling up their NCdot buddies is true. Poor baseliners.

18:30 NST

So, we're in D-G set up on the F9E gate. We've had some reports of a fleet making its way through SV5, not sure if we know who, or if the line members aren't at liberty to know, but it seems there's gonna be a fight. There's enough ships on grid that we're getting a little of that time dilation phenomena. Apparently, our warp drives work like anchors in space-time, bending it around us and dragging us forward. Get enough of those in one spot, and even when you're stationary it starts doing weird things to time. I don't much get it, but it's one of those creepy things you get used to as a pilot. Like Sleepers. Hmm, a private convo request, someone important. Best answer that before things heats up.

18:32 NST

Combat recorder on-board "The Empire's Ship Jamyl" activates, enclosed is a copy of the report.

19:15

Well.. That was intense. Looks like the Ruskies showed up first in a t3 fleet. Ruskies, a strange community of Capsuleers who formed up in the Drone land. Got a unique battle language to them, probably developed from that time of isolation way out in the sticks of Nullsec. They cynoed in off grid, and right as I was in the middle of a conversation. Private affair, not for this log.

There's always the strange feeling in combat as a Capsuleer that I've never fully gotten over. Here I am, plugged into a pod, surrounded by pitch blackness and goo. A few metres of metal, and a few baseline crew member's bodies, are all that stands between me and an anti-matter charge vaporising my body. And yet, thanks to the pod and implants, I can control my ship like an extension of myself. I can see all, thanks to remote camera drones, activate my guns without needing someone else to press a button, hell, have a chat about some people I care about at the same time. All that power and capability, and yet I'm still trapped in an egg.

Anyways. It looks like we nailed those Ruskies though, good and proper. I bet their heads are gonna feel like a Fedo's been knawing at them after getting cloned back to goodness knows where. I wonder how they felt? Impact after impact of heavy missiles tearing into their hulls. I know taking damage like that induces pain. It's like your limbs and skin is on fire, but at least you wake up after it all in a clean lab.

Alright, let's check the damage. I'd lifted the heat limits on my target painter, seemed to help a lot but the ship's readouts are telling me it's burned up a lot. 65% estimated damage, and a few other modules took a hit as well. That'll take some fixing back at Fortress F-Y. Hmm, looks like the Ruskies are coming in again, Petes this time. Slippery Petes, Tengus set up for super long range sniping and interdiction systems. No staying power, but they're great for supporting other fleets. That, or being a nuisance. No matter, they can't hold, we've successfully retaken the I-HUB and the Station's coming out soon. They'll have no choice but to leave.

Now..  To get back to that private convo..
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2016, 07:32 by Utari Onzo »

Utari Onzo

Re: Utari's Logs: D-G Reloaded
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jan 2016, 06:48 »

This one's a short, sweet piece just to help shake off some rust. It's been a while since I wrote up any fiction, so looking to dip my toes in.