Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: CSM XI  (Read 10117 times)

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
Re: CSM XI
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jan 2016, 15:59 »

You have my vote!  :D
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jan 2016, 13:41 »

You have my vote!  :D

And my axe!

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #17 on: 18 Jan 2016, 03:39 »

What's with the infatuation with bottoms up income? If your corp makes SRP isk by taking a cut of the linesman's earnings it's insolvent and should be taken out back behind the shed and shot.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #18 on: 18 Jan 2016, 06:46 »

Not sure what you mean by insolvent? What top down income do you have in mind that is accessable to every corporation?

The only viable top down incomes for fac war based corps are reactions/moon mining and POCOS. Now, unless you can fight the local big dogs like Dead Terrorists, TISHU, Shadow Cartel etc etc you're not going to have enough towers/pocos up for long enough to give a regular income source.

Hisec and nullsec corps already routinely tax members, the majority of whom accept it as standard practice. The issue is the tax is incurred only on bounties and mission isk rewards, things you don't get much of in faction warfare. A tax option for lp would bring parity back for fac war corps to enable programmes like SRP, free ship programmes etc etc.

Anyone unhappy with a tax always has the option to leave to lower tax corps, or one man corporations, that's always been the way with isk tax and will likely be the way with an lp tax.
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2016, 06:50 by Utari Onzo »

Ria Nieyli

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 18 Jan 2016, 08:08 »

Insolvent. Bankrupt. Destitute. Take your pick.

The corp can provide logistics. I want x ships in y station? Pay corp to move them there. I'd be paying someone anyway, so why not pocket the money I'd spend? You can also provide doctrine ships on contracts, ready to go, etc. The thing is that a corporation should provide services if it wants to gather revenue from its members. You offer SRP? Well, I can already SRP my own ships. If I lose ships whose value amounts to less than the $tax I pay monthly I'm losing money for using your SRP instead of my own. Now this is fine for most people, since they make pitiful amounts of money. You can subsidise them with moongoo/poco tax. But that's a vicious circle. You can only get those if you have enough combat ready people, and you only have enough combat ready people if you have those. Richer people are mindful about their ISK, even if it's only playmoney.

This is why FW is a good place to grow a corp in. It promotes self-sufficiency with the LP payouts. Your corp is not going to run out of money before you get any tower or pocos. You can still provide logistical backbone too. And when you get stable corp-level income you can offer part of it as SRP and everyone is happy.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #20 on: 22 Jan 2016, 04:05 »

Your idea is a great supplemental income source, but compared to Moon Mining and POCOs, the vast majority of the isk made per run gets ploughed back into buying more stock, hence my comment about efficiency. The other issue is where the start up money comes from, the CEO and Director's own pockets? Taxation until the corp has a nice isk buffer to begin investment at a worth while level? Both worthwhile options for people to consider.

Credit where it's due for a good idea, but a lot of the corps that make isk in this fashion also still tax. My early point that tax is a thing for almost everywhere else in EvE still stands. I don't see why FacWar corporations shouldn't have access to a similar revenue stream that Corps all the way from wormholes, to nullsec and hisec get to use.

Once again, I iterate there are still corps out there that don't tax a penny, and I'm certain an LP tax mechanic being introduced wouldn't change that fact. But for a great number of EvE players, taxation is a natural part of life, and the best corps are able to routinely show where that money is going and why it's spent that way.

Ria Nieyli

• Egger
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jan 2016, 05:20 »

Personally, I'm going to wait for the citadels to roll out, as they would provide a lot more taxable things to lowsec, just as outposts in null do.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #22 on: 31 Jan 2016, 12:53 »

Will be doing an interview with CSM Watch at 20:00 this evening. Here's hoping it goes well!

Will link here once its released.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #23 on: 02 Feb 2016, 06:25 »

I've started posting over at Provibloc.net, a blog site for Providence. While obviously this means a lot of my posts will focus on topics in the view of Provi Bloc, I will be covering plenty of issues relevant to my platform. Jin'taan, another CSM candidate, will also be reguarly contributing there so if you fancy, check it out.

http://provibloc.net/operation-deliverance-and-you/ A little opinion piece/intro about rp-lite gameplay that can be applied to a lot of things. Replace Operation Deliverance with any other driving narrative to encourage other players to think about their place in the fictional Universe.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #24 on: 10 Feb 2016, 23:52 »

Utari Onzo

« Reply #25 on: 12 Feb 2016, 12:24 »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #26 on: 13 Feb 2016, 00:22 »

You were a wormholer.

What are you going to do for us?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #27 on: 13 Feb 2016, 03:07 »

Would you support a V3 graphics update for The People's Liberation Frigate also known more commonly as the Kestrel by foreign cultural imperialist pig-dogs?

Utari Onzo

« Reply #28 on: 13 Feb 2016, 03:13 »

You were a wormholer.

What are you going to do for us?

One of the biggest things I'd like to do is try to prevent another 'Fozzie' moment. Namely, CCP dropping the hammer on wormholers with a tonne of changes that are negativelly received by a lot, then some of them quietly scaled back later on. Better communication with CSM to work on how to approach changes and announcement would prevent or atleast mitigate a lot of future uproar. This, sadly, seems to be a standard mode of operation for CCP when it comes to wide ranging balance passes, and might have a lot to do with trust issues with the CSM.

I think, in terms of the game itself, my major concern is capital escalations. I think they need a nerf to the income but still be doable, and a buff to the 'base' value of the site itself. This would encourage more farming out in c5s/c6s I think using subcaps. More pilots in space is better.

On an accompanying note I think solo dreadnaught escalations need to die in a fire. 1b isk/hr consistantly while flying solo is just broken as all holy hell, and not what Cap Escalations were meant for, and I'm just as guilty of abusing this. How to approach this? Probably going to need at using the upcoming changes to refitting with weapons timers. That, or, give the standard site rats stronger points?

For lower classes, I'm quite happy overall with C4 downwards. Quite a few active groups from C5 space actually downgraded holes over the last year or so, so something must be working with them. I'd maybe like to see more variations of sites to encourage more activity, some solo-able some not. Then again, last time I actually lived full time in a lower end wormhole was before the dual statics, so I'm comfortable being honest in saying I'd need to hear specific concerns from those that do live there (and not just farm.) Part of a CSM brief is representing players views and not just one's own.

Finally, POS roles still seems to be the number one gripe of wormholers, and is a source of headache for me to this day. It'd be nice if Citadels come in with a more streamlined roles process for assigning hangars/divisions and the like, rather then the 'all access or nothing' system unless you're dumping people in 'cells' and asking them to store ships in corporate hangars rather then the SMA itself.

Would you support a V3 graphics update for The People's Liberation Frigate also known more commonly as the Kestrel by foreign cultural imperialist pig-dogs?

For Glory of People's Republic, I approve.

EDIT: Forgot about my other concern. Capitals in lower class wormholes. I hate the idea that people can build one in there, when no others can come in/out. I think that makes too big a home advantage and they need to go the way of Hisec capitals and stay dead. But that's just my opinion, I'm happy to hear others.
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2016, 03:19 by Utari Onzo »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #29 on: 13 Feb 2016, 10:55 »

EDIT: Forgot about my other concern. Capitals in lower class wormholes. I hate the idea that people can build one in there, when no others can come in/out. I think that makes too big a home advantage and they need to go the way of Hisec capitals and stay dead. But that's just my opinion, I'm happy to hear others.

I boo and hiss at that. I really dislike the idea of lower class wormholes being restricted in what you can build for some arbitrary spacemagic bullshit reasons. Though of course, if I had my way, you'd be able to cyno around wormhole space. With the jump distance nerf, it isn't as if you'd be able to get anywhere you wanted without some serious work anyway.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4