Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Author Topic: [Movie] Hachi  (Read 652 times)

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
[Movie] Hachi
« on: 01 Jan 2016, 22:08 »

Holy shit. I just finished watching this movie. Holy. Shit. I have not cried that much in a movie since like...forever. Gosh, what a beautiful movie depicting the place of a dog in the life of a human. Absolutely gorgeous. I'd recommend anyone who loves dogs as much as I do to watch this film if you haven't already. That is all. :)
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Kala

• Egger
Re: [Movie] Hachi
« Reply #1 on: 05 Jan 2016, 01:56 »

Yeah.  I read the movie synopsis for that some years ago, and ended up crying at the freaking synopsis.  So I don't think I'd be up for that movie  :P
Heh.  I made a forum post about that at the time  :P  Spoiler tags to avoid the synopsis for those who haven't seen/don't want to know what the film is about.

[spoiler]A new low for me: I bawled at a films plot synopsis on imdb.

Film is called Hachi: A Dog's Tale/Hachiko: A Dog's Story and is based on a true story...a story that's probably also the inspiration for 'that scene' in Futurama.

"Worried that he will be late for the college, Professor Parker leaves on the train despite Hachi barking at him. At work that day Parker, still holding Hachi's ball, is teaching his music class when he suddenly suffers a fatal heart attack.

At the train station, Hachi waits patiently as the train arrives, but there is no sign of Parker. He remains, lying in the snow, for several hours, until Parker's son-in-law Michael (Ronnie Sublett) comes to collect him. The next day, Hachi returns to the station and waits, remaining all day and all night.

[...]

For the next nine years, Hachi waits for his owner."

nine years? nine years?!?! that's most of his fucking life! ohgod I shouldn't have gone there, am crying now  :(

Wiki sez "In April 1934, a bronze statue in his [Hachik&訅's] likeness was erected at Shibuya Station" and it kinda makes it worse, cause when we were on holiday we went on the Carlisle to Settle line and we were delayed a long time in Garsdale, where there's a statue on the platform of a dog Ruswarp. The reason for this is:

In the 1980s, the Settle to Carlisle railway line was under threat of closure.

One of the earliest campaigners against the closure was Graham Nuttall, co-founder and first secretary of the Friends of the Settle to Carlisle line.

He and his dog Ruswarp were inseparable and Ruswarp’s paw print was deemed to be a valid signature among tens of thousands of objectors to closure.

On January 20, 1990 Mr Nuttall and Ruswarp went missing in Wales. The case aroused national interest and his body was found by a mountain stream on April 7, 1990 by a lone walker.

Nearby was Ruswarp, who had stayed with his dead master for 11 weeks. Ruswarp was so weak he had to be carried off the mountain.

He was cared for by the RSPCA and Mr Nuttall’s aunt and uncle. Ruswarp lived just long enough to attend his master’s funeral.

So it kinda reminds me of that too. DOUBLE SADNESS  :( :(

I am never watching that film.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
Re: [Movie] Hachi
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2016, 08:10 »

Yeah the fact that the movie was based on a true story just made it all the more impactful. I was watching the movie with my parents and was trying so hard to resist flat-out ugly-crying at the movie lol. I can only imagine if I was watching it by myself with no one to judge me :3

It's k though, we can cry together <3
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17