Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Many medical services are provided by AIs rather than human doctors?  More on AIMEDs here.

Author Topic: Face First into Hell  (Read 1188 times)

Trensk Mikakka

• Clonejack
Face First into Hell
« on: 25 Dec 2015, 14:35 »

All Trensk could do at this point is think.

Think, sit, stare.

Think, sit, stare.

He’d been doing that for a good few hours now, staring out the window into the void of the hangar bay of the pirate station he was hiding out in, deep in low security space. It didn’t do him any good, however. There was not much he could do about his situation.

The lacerations on his face were still healing, as were the myriad bruises and cuts hidden underneath his clothes. He just hardly believed that what just happened had…well…happened. He was on the run, now. It almost felt like the entirety of New Eden was dropping down on him.

Click…clack…click…

Trensk knew it was her. She walked slow, careful, he could hear it in her steps. He felt a hand on his shoulder, soft, human, yet hiding the cybernetics that filled her body, made her more than…more than just another person like him. Different, somehow. He didn’t understand why.

“Trensk, what will you do?”

“I don’t know.”

“You can’t hide forever.”

“That doesn’t mean I can do anything.”

“I’ve seen you in battle, Trensk, you have a talent.”

“You know how big the Gallente are, it’s not like I can fight outnumbered.”

“You have before.”

“That was different.”

“Was it?”

Trensk paused, unsure of what to say.

“That’s what I thought, Trensk. I’m sorry this happened, but…I know you can handle whatever comes your way.”

“It’s going to be a brutal fight.”

“And yet, you seem to thrive in those.”

“That doesn’t mean it’ll be any use.”

“Winning a war requires more than just killing ships. Sometimes, fighting a hopeless battle gives hope.”

“The Gallente won’t make it easy.”

“Nobody makes it easy, Trensk.”

Trensk sighed, shaking his head. “Do you really think I can do this? Fighting, me versus the world? Can I actually make a difference? After what they did to my family?”

She smiled, softly, sadly. “I wouldn’t let anyone else do it.”

Trensk leaned back, another sigh escaping his lips. “Fine. They’re going to find me eventually. Might as well make them work for their living.”

He then stood, stretching, his long, gangly arms extending above his head. “I won’t be able to do it alone, forever, though.”

“They’ll come, you just need to go out there.”

Trensk rolled his shoulders, thinking for a moment. “The Caldari Milita would be a good place to start. It’s been a while, but…”

“Don’t worry about what was before. This is now. This is what will define you.”

He smirked, taking a few steps towards the window, a transparent portal to the world, where his new flagship, the Claymore-class Dying Wish floated.

“I’ll make ‘em work for it. They’re going down with me, after what they did.”

She was already at the door, pausing at the entrance. “Trensk…Just be careful.”

“I’ll try…Kinda.”

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
Re: Face First into Hell
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2015, 15:24 »

Not bad, not bad at all. Who is "she" though? Either way I hope there's more!

Trensk Mikakka

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2015, 15:26 »

Not bad, not bad at all. Who is "she" though? Either way I hope there's more!

*wink*

Joking, I had in mind another player's character I'd use, but I haven't exactly gained permission to use their name, so I'm going to just edit later when I have permission.

Either way, there will be more, I have a pretty good idea with a "why I've been gone" story and a reason behind me making my own corporation soon (tm).

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2015, 15:39 »

That makes sense, can't wait for the next parts.

Jaling

• The Pod(ed)
  • Clonejack
    • Jaling's Rants
« Reply #4 on: 31 Dec 2015, 18:43 »

Nice read. If you're looking to start your own corp, my main might synergize well. (Finalizing history before throwing the sheet up)

Trensk Mikakka

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 01 Feb 2016, 19:38 »

Nice read. If you're looking to start your own corp, my main might synergize well. (Finalizing history before throwing the sheet up)

Done and done, just look me up on the Neocom