Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki who supported Caldari independence from the Federation were first exiled from the Federation, and then attacked by Caldari radicals demanding the expulsion of all foreigners? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Overwatch Beta gameplay and thoughts.  (Read 2155 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Overwatch Beta gameplay and thoughts.
« on: 22 Nov 2015, 05:43 »

Totalbiscuit giving just over half an hour of gameplay and thoughts on the game so far.

I'm sold, frankly. Pay to play, keeping the worst kids and scrubs out. Huge character/class variety. PC focused with high speed and twitchy gameplay, along with the slow and lumbering stuff if that's to your tastes. Very much team-based, taking the best of moba gameplay into FPS. Good visuals, colorful and shiny. As it's a Blizzard game, (and from what I see in the videos people release from beta) I'm expecting a very well polished and well presented game right out of the box instead of having to wait a month for patches to unfuck it.

So yeah... sold.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Overwatch Beta gameplay and thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2015, 05:58 »

Really really looking forward to this.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2015, 06:20 »

Yeah, it seems Blizzard is doing it right in that they're taking the stuff that works really well in other games, polishing it to a bright finish and making it their own. I could never really stand TF2's gameplay. Weapons feel too inaccurate and the classes are honestly a bit boring and limited, but this seems to play closer to the old UT/Q3A games for some classes while still having an interesting team/class dynamic going on.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2015, 11:58 »

I remember when they first announced it; pretty sure I signed up for the beta but haven't gotten in yet. Will probably grab it at some point after it's out and I have money in my wallet... same as with everything else these days. :F
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2015, 12:15 »

I was far less enthused when they first announced it. I've never been a fan of the cartoony and silly style anywhere but in cartoons and animations, not actual games. "Meh, another TF2 style game, bleh". What they've shown since has been quite a bit more impressive.

Nissui

« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2015, 12:42 »

Very cool looking. Lots of visual inspiration there. Unfortunately I am shit at this kind of game so I will opt to spectate.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 23 Nov 2015, 05:49 »

I think that's what's left of their seven year developped stillborn MMO... Was it Titan? I would not be surprised that most of what you see here has been salvaged from there.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2015, 12:00 »

Just to confirm: It's really rather fun.

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 24 Nov 2015, 20:49 »

Just flicking through it I can see it's quite a stylised game with some quite cool character designs. Signed up for the beta too.

Could see myself dragging Thal along too.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Nissui

« Reply #9 on: 24 Nov 2015, 20:53 »

Just flicking through it I can see it's quite a stylised game with some quite cool character designs. Signed up for the beta too.

Could see myself dragging Thal along too.

:o

Maybe Thal is also a warrior on the game grid?!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2015, 17:16 »

Nah he only like pointy metal sticks and has no appreciation for pole-arms and spears like me which is why I'm really tuned up on 'For Honour'.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2015, 14:37 »

Maybe Thal is also a warrior on the game grid?!

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Sark in Tron image -  :cube: Nissui
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 30 Nov 2015, 13:07 »

Is the beta open for all humans yet?

:)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:10 »

As far as I know, the beta opens and closes, with invites being sent out in a way I can't determine. Randomly, I think. I'm signed up but haven't gotten any weekend event invites yet.

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #14 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:59 »

It's by and large still a 'F&F beta with some various extras and a few waves' rather than any major recruitment yet.
Pages: [1] 2