Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oh yes, hello.  (Read 2664 times)

Calliste Dauvienne

• Clonejack
Oh yes, hello.
« on: 13 Nov 2015, 16:03 »

I am the Jin-Mei homunculus of a relatively obscure and unknown character that went by the name of Veikitamo.

With a new and improved formula I can now take in-character fun/shitposting to a level I always felt restricted in reaching. Which was always a source of personal frustration for me.

But yes, hello there.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Oh yes, hello.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2015, 16:55 »

Veiki Veiki. <3

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2015, 10:04 »

Veiki Veiki. <3

Best Veiki.

* Morwen Lagann pets. Heavily. :cube:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Calliste Dauvienne

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2015, 21:34 »

Veiki Veiki. <3

Samira is always the top Ardishabro of my heart.

Best Veiki.

No petting. Only senpai pets!

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2015, 09:41 »

Senpai has noticed you.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2015, 11:38 »

Best Veiki.

No petting. Only senpai pets!

Not when Senpai isn't the one with the modstick.  :twisted:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2015, 15:30 »

Your presence on the IGS has already been incredibly enjoyable.

Also

<3 <3 <3

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 18 Nov 2015, 07:30 »

hi there.....

just a small question, why a Jin_mei hot babe has a gallentean-like name?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #8 on: 18 Nov 2015, 08:42 »

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 23 Nov 2015, 17:20 »

hi Veik!   :cube:

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #10 on: 25 Nov 2015, 14:47 »

Y'know that Steel Crusade idea was a great source of RP material. It's wierd RPing RP character as players of an online MMO RPing RP characters......

Didn't stop it being awesome. Also Jin Mei are tops, I've hardly seen/met any.

"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Calliste Dauvienne

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 25 Nov 2015, 20:38 »

hi there.....

just a small question, why a Jin_mei hot babe has a gallentean-like name?

I just thought taking a Gallentean pseudonym as being done by Jin-Mei who emigrate outside of Lirsautton and traditional ethnic communities.

Being a caste driven society it probably causes less problems when living in the wider Federation where those born into a lower caste might be in positions of power and authority over those of a higher caste.

There's also the traditionalist aspect to the Jin-Mei, so not using your proper birth name is designed to safeguard your family honour when not in Jin-Mei territories.

Something like that.

Y'know that Steel Crusade idea was a great source of RP material. It's wierd RPing RP character as players of an online MMO RPing RP characters......

Didn't stop it being awesome. Also Jin Mei are tops, I've hardly seen/met any.

Hey, I'm glad you liked it!  ;)

In many respects Calliste just represents my interest to try and explore the different factions outside the boundaries of the usual rarefied political and intellectual discussions and through a more personal character level. What they do for forms of entertainment and engage with media is an interesting way to explore cultural dynamics.

For example, asking yourself how Amarrian commoners might play an MMO does raise interesting questions in itself:

Would their player guilds be centered around their House loyalties?

Would you see another more humorous aspect to Amarrians due to the anonymity afforded, like Romans writing dirty graffiti on walls about Senators interspersed with the occasional drawn penis?

Would Holder children be told not to play video games because that's for craven commoners?

Would Amarrians in such an MMO set during the Reclaiming of the Udorians occasionally take the piss out of Tash-Murkon players and guilds in it?

Do MIO Inquisitors silently lurk around gaming subcommunities on the lookout for dissent?

Do Amarrians deliberately create games as a form of "soft" Reclaiming in media driven societies like in the Federation or State in order to export their cultural values?

I guess I just got bored one day of the enforced archetypes and stereotypes of the factions that really only lends itself to the repetitions of propaganda and instead just try to think of and answer different questions about the factions at a grassroots level.

It's why Calliste is just so typical and average because for me that's what makes her fun. She plays videogames, consumes media, doesn't care much for politics, likes dirty jokes, and generally doesn't take herself too seriously.  For her, being a capsuleer is like being able to be both voyeur and sometimes participant in the best reality show ever.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #12 on: 25 Nov 2015, 23:17 »

Calliste might have run across Morwen while gaming but I'd want to know if we have any games (besides eve) that we both play before making that a serious suggestion.

She knows Karmilla that way, actually. :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Calliste Dauvienne

• Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 26 Nov 2015, 05:13 »

Calliste might have run across Morwen while gaming but I'd want to know if we have any games (besides eve) that we both play before making that a serious suggestion.

She knows Karmilla that way, actually. :D

Probably some sci-fi rpg where you play as a hero who has to save humanity from the Reapers Drifters, and where the decisions you make matter once you download the DLC.

Or right now, a tactical espionage action game where you play as "Top Snake" and the main character is modelled after Foley Jones.
« Last Edit: 26 Nov 2015, 05:18 by Calliste Dauvienne »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #14 on: 26 Nov 2015, 10:24 »

ME3 MP then. Yeah that's possible. (We should actually play sometime.)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
Pages: [1] 2