Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starcraft 2: LotV  (Read 3733 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Starcraft 2: LotV
« Reply #15 on: 09 Nov 2015, 20:15 »

MY LIFE FOR AIUR!

Okay, I'm loving it so far. The unit customization is pretty excellent, the levels are your RTS standard fare but high quality such and while the story is hitting every single cliche in the book it's well presented and enjoyable. So far, at any rate. Take it with the sufficient amount of salt required given that I've only done five missions this far.

They do tend to go a little over the top epic in the between-missions-cutscenes, but it's Blizzard. It's to be expected.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 10 Nov 2015, 16:51 »

That ending! Talk about a damn rollercoaster. Not going to spoil anything, but don't worry if the main campaign ending feels as if it's not really climactic enough. The epilogue campaign ties up every single thread into a big fucking finish. A damn sight bigger than I expected. Throughout the epilogue campaign, I went through the gamut of "Wait, wat? Oh. Wait, wat? FUCK YEAH! Wait, wat? Nooooo! NO! Oh wait, wat? Okay? Okay!" etc.

It's the usual Blizzard over the top cliche as fuck stuff, but as usual it's presented fantastically. If the Blizzard recipe does anything for you, this is a huge serving of exactly that, and I enjoyed it immensely.

Well fucking done Blizz. Starcraft 2 is a shining example of singleplayer RTS done right, and this wrapped up Starcraft very nicely.

Edit: Your mileage may obviously vary. This kind of thing is definitely a matter of subjective tastes.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 11 Nov 2015, 03:02 »

My fear is that their stories have gotten stale (at least on the warcraft franchise), and that the current story threads shown since Brood Wars do seem to mimic exactly what happened in warcraft, with the legion = xel'naga and all that jazz. Meaning, I have been expecting an ending exactly similar to WC3 ending since day one.

I will see if they make me wrong I guess, when I find the time to play it...

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #18 on: 14 Nov 2015, 18:03 »

Just finished LotV myself. Hnnngghh. It is a bittersweet ending knowing that one of my favorite gaming sagas has come to a close. Sure a lot of the story elements in both SC1 and SC2 are cliche, but that didn't make them any less appealing. The ending cinematic gave me goosebumps. :3

I'll miss you Starcraft <3
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 14 Nov 2015, 18:16 »

Dat Kerrigan. Dat Raynor. Dat Amon. Dat Narud. Dat errythin'. I think they managed to wrap it up about as good as it could be done, given the subject matter.

Having had a few days from it now, I can definitely say I'll do another playthrough once I'm done with my first FO4 playthrough.

I'm just hungry for someone to play the coop stuff with, but the friends I'd rather do it with either haven't got LotV yet, or are very real life busy.

... and FO4 busy. Hrr.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #20 on: 14 Nov 2015, 19:04 »

You can always play co op with me :3
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #21 on: 22 Nov 2015, 00:40 »

My response to completing the campaign: Hell, it is about time. Thank God the SC2 story is over. I'm just not a fan, sorry.

I'm willing to play co-op/MP with people though. Rhifox on Steam or Rhifox#2627 on Bnet if you want to get in touch.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2015, 00:45 by Samira Kernher »
Pages: 1 [2]