Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hubert Caissor was a Gallentean senator who, along with his entire family and personal wealth, disappeared aboard the starship Peralles while jumping from the Dom-Aphis system to Iderion.

Author Topic: 7 days (and counting)  (Read 1323 times)

Arora Attavuli

• Clonejack
7 days (and counting)
« on: 27 Oct 2015, 17:51 »

so about a week ago, and with the discovery that afew of my chat friends also played EVE online, along with 2 years of more or less lite-stalking the MMO-RPG Phenomena that is EVE online, i decided 'oh what the heck, just go for it', and got a 30 day trial account. It was Awesome, so far !

i recently got in with RABBLE INC, but as much as it seems that the bulk of players are in it for the more or less strictly game mechanics of EVE (and the chance to let out their inner scumbag -> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GIFT ), i am also interested in the more-in-depth lore roleplay aspects as well, such as Amarr/Ammatar vs the rest of the Minmatar clans, and other sub-plots and meta-plots within the IC story of the New Eden galaxy.

i do have moderate roleplay abilities, and a decently long history of play-post rpg in several forums, including Star wars, Star trek, Farscape, a smattering of superhero, and even a short-lived Sci-fi Series Defiance forum that lasted a week before almost immediately falling into decline.
« Last Edit: 28 Oct 2015, 17:26 by Arora Attavuli »

Nakito Kobara

Re: 7 days (and counting)
« Reply #1 on: 28 Oct 2015, 04:57 »

Don't make it a game of numbers. RP will make the eve universe come alive!

Arora Attavuli

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 28 Oct 2015, 17:52 »

Don't make it a game of numbers. RP will make the eve universe come alive!

True, but from what i can tell, there are no real factions or groups of EVE players who do much (if any) active roleplaying in that regard. New Eden galactic lore-roleplay, and the actual EVE online program game, seem to be largely separate, in a similar way to ....Farscape the tv series, and the (attempted ?) Farscape comics. Yes the two examples have the same universe in common between the mediums (Farscape for its unnamed galaxy, and EVE for the New Eden galaxy), but, there is a definite, if not monstrously large, disconnect between the two mediums of each genre-universe. One would not necessarily know how to look for the genre-universe's other component media.

That is why i am here, to try to find this obscure and arcane 'lore-story roleplay' EVE online underground crowd or club or such.
« Last Edit: 29 Oct 2015, 13:36 by Arora Attavuli »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2015, 16:10 »

Welcome backstage.

Actually, I hardly do anything but roleplay in EVE the last years. Which means I mostly log in to travel to some RP venue location.
-OOChé