Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lai Dai Infinity Systems is a capsuleer partner of the Lai Dai Corporation? Read more here

Author Topic: Jessica Jones trailer, thank you Netflix!  (Read 986 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Jessica Jones trailer, thank you Netflix!
« on: 24 Oct 2015, 01:16 »

Trailer.

An old character from a decade and a half ago, mostly ignored in the main universes and fairly unknown but definitely one of the best characters I've read from their Max stint of comics aimed at adults now getting her own series. Best part is that everything I hear about this series is very good and matches up very well with that Adult focused stuff from back in the day. It's definitely pretty dark stuff, given the way the main baddie not only being able to make someone do whatever he wants, but also being able to make them enjoy it if he so chooses and they got David Tennant to play him.

I'm officially hyped now.

JJ used to be in the hands of one of the most celebrated writers Marvel has ever had and I think that's why she's always been popular as a character among the relatively few (compared to the mass market main universe readers) readers, as he crafted a believable and interesting character with some pretty strong powers facing some pretty horrible things in her life, affecting her severely.

Anyway, I'm hyped, disgonbgud etc. Marvel is definitely figuring out that their main audience these days are the adults that grew up and matured alongside their own medium maturing and growing up, and catering to us.

Nissui

Re: Jessica Jones trailer, thank you Netflix!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2015, 12:49 »

Came home from the grocer yesterday, wife has Netflix going.

"Whatchu watching?"

"Some comic book show with boning."

14 hours later, she's watching the finale. Guess it's a good show. ;3

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2015, 14:22 »

So I hear. I got stuck on Gotham, so I'll enjoy Jessica Jones when I'm done with that. Then again, David Tennant. So tempting.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2015, 16:10 »

Just finished binge watching the whole series when I get off work. It's very very good. Believe the hype.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2015, 16:30 »

Fuggit, I can always watch the rest of Gotham later. Time to start bingewatching... at 23:30 on a Sunday evening. I are teh smarts.

Edit: It's got English subtitles. Netflix, I fuckin' love you. It gives me the bloody shits how poorly translated some things are, ostensibly by professionals. Hrr.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2015, 16:32 by Mizhara »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 23 Nov 2015, 17:15 »

You know, I love how this really illustrates how unfuckin'believably terrifying mind control would be in a "real" setting. What it'd do to people and their lives. And even if you're not the target, how do you even fight it? Anyone you know and every single stranger you meet could have been given a need to kill you. Anyone who does attack you aren't even guilty, so you'd have to defend yourself against innocents.

A smart person with these kinds of powers would rule the world, never being seen or within reach at any moment.

I really like how they're managing to make a C or D list villain this good at being a credible threat.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 30 Nov 2015, 13:09 »

3 or 4 in, very much goodsauce so far.  Liking it much more than 'Daredevil'

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 30 Nov 2015, 18:12 »

This and Gotham were so fucking good! I was despairing that they'd ruined me, making anything else available seem shit in comparison, until I discovered Fargo Season two is out.