Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Slavers hunt by jumping high in the air and coming down on their prey from above?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Omir Butt!  (Read 5268 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: Omir Butt!
« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2015, 21:17 »

I'm happy that Omir is more of an insane person like Anya and less of a stuck up snob.

Well, his Blood Raider Covenant's always been a funny sort of egalitarian: "If you can stomach working with us, you're clearly one of the elect! Welcome aboard."
I thought you need to be of Amarr descent first?
Nope.
Confirmed. I forget where it's discussed exactly, but while some of the earlier Sani cultists were basically Holders preening over their "chosen" status, the Raiders construe "savant" and "chosen" broadly.

Essentially, if you're willing to be a horrible murderous bastard, you're good as far as they're concerned. 'Cause, you know, you've overcome all that weaksauce "morality" stuff.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2015, 01:43 »

While I could expect a lot of True Amarr raiders to be pretty uptight on True Amarr = Savant and nobody else because of racial superiority, the Sabik faith has always been kind of egalitarian in terms of opportunities for everybody since it's basically: you are strong, you grab power, you prevail, you are a savant.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2015, 08:32 »

Omir is a dirty half-breed Caldari/Amarr so his opinions on savants leans a certain way ;)

Yay for more content for you all of course, but that ceremony was a bit tame, Omir phoning it in these days!!  I'd expect the head of the Raiders to be more like the god emperor of mankind in 40k needing thousands of daily sacrifices to him ;p.   Blood bath? More like blood lake he needs a rowboat to commute through to work each day ;)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 22 Oct 2015, 09:32 »

Omir is a dirty half-breed Caldari/Amarr so his opinions on savants leans a certain way ;)

Yay for more content for you all of course, but that ceremony was a bit tame, Omir phoning it in these days!!  I'd expect the head of the Raiders to be more like the god emperor of mankind in 40k needing thousands of daily sacrifices to him ;p.   Blood bath? More like blood lake he needs a rowboat to commute through to work each day ;)

Eh-- perhaps those were clones? Captured capsuleers?

Quality over quantity and all that....

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:01 »

Let's not go over the top either...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:03 »

I'm with Silas. That shit was tame as hell. Boring, even. It's New Eden and this makes the guy look like some minor backwater system psycho.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:09 »

Well, yeah, I agree that the tone was quite... wanabee try hard... Omir didn't leave exactly a strong impression on me...

But on the other hand, I understand that they already tried to make something out of carbon avatars in inventive ways and I bet that what they did here asked for quite a bit of time, and probably already pushes the limits of what the engine allows...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #22 on: 22 Oct 2015, 10:18 »

Engine limitations just mean you need to use something else as your medium. Hell, have a decent artist make still images you pan over and voila. Good enough for me, as long as it sets the tone and imagery right.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2015, 21:18 »

Engine limitations just mean you need to use something else as your medium. Hell, have a decent artist make still images you pan over and voila. Good enough for me, as long as it sets the tone and imagery right.

^^^

I get a LOT more personally out of evocative 'loose' paintings with narration and music than a lot of in-engine stuff when the engine isn't really made for it. Show me the outlines ill fill in the gaps, essentially.

Not to disparage the guy/girl who made the vid, they are pushing that engine into areas it wasn't really meant for bravo for them

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 23 Oct 2015, 16:51 »

^^^

I get a LOT more personally out of evocative 'loose' paintings with narration and music than a lot of in-engine stuff when the engine isn't really made for it. Show me the outlines ill fill in the gaps, essentially.

Not to disparage the guy/girl who made the vid, they are pushing that engine into areas it wasn't really meant for bravo for them
To add to this, a weekly or biweekly comic would be awesome too.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2015, 16:58 by Anyanka Funk »
Pages: 1 [2]