Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Omir Butt!  (Read 5271 times)

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack

Gorion

• Clonejack
Re: Omir Butt!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2015, 23:07 »

ITS FUCKING ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE! WE DRINK STARSI TONIGHT!

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 20 Oct 2015, 23:37 »

zomg Starsi! It tastes like Revenge!

does anyone have a transcript of all the tickers ?

also, afaik, nudity in sani sabik rituals was player-created. mostly by the CTCS.

Which is something, if CCP have picked that up.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2015, 01:34 »

I couldn't help but think to CTCS rituals too.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2015, 02:17 »

When I saw that 'Viewer's Discretion' warning in the vid I thought it's gonna be pretty gruesome.

Instead it's naked dude bathing in blood coming out of a fountain.

Is that supposed to be disturbing?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2015, 04:24 »

I think any mass media journalist outlet IRL broadcasting a vid of people bathing in a fountain in blood today would show the same warnings...

Granted, it's grimdark New Eden oclock, but still..

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2015, 06:20 »

What Lyn said. If that was a news broadcast IRL that would definitely raise red flags.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2015, 08:17 »

I don't even think they would allow that IRL, except for very niche broadcasts maybe... Certainly not on mainstream media.

They already throw warnings when they show a few shots of corpses with a small drip of blood in middle eastern streets and the likes and tell us "viewer caution advised" and some such...

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2015, 11:49 »

It would be "graphic," not "graphical," but otherwise....

Yeah. We tolerate all kinds of stuff as shown through special effects that we tend to go "EEP!" about when it's shown for real. See, e.g., ISIS beheadings, burning people alive, etc.

What we have here is a likely-fatal ritualized draining of two hapless captives of their blood, followed by a shower of same over a naked, exulting Omir. Considering that this is (fictionally) ACTUALLY HAPPENING, this is not merely TV-PG.

BTW, this isn't terribly surprising, but I notice he's got himself a capsuleer rig. Sockets all down the spine.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2015, 11:55 »

It would be "graphic," not "graphical," but otherwise....

Yeah. We tolerate all kinds of stuff as shown through special effects that we tend to go "EEP!" about when it's shown for real. See, e.g., ISIS beheadings, burning people alive, etc.

What we have here is a likely-fatal ritualized draining of two hapless captives of their blood, followed by a shower of same over a naked, exulting Omir. Considering that this is (fictionally) ACTUALLY HAPPENING, this is not merely TV-PG.

BTW, this isn't terribly surprising, but I notice he's got himself a capsuleer rig. Sockets all down the spine.

I guess I just got desensitised from all that rat dissection I did when I was in university.

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2015, 13:12 »

I'm happy that Omir is more of an insane person like Anya and less of a stuck up snob.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 21 Oct 2015, 13:31 »

I'm happy that Omir is more of an insane person like Anya and less of a stuck up snob.

Well, his Blood Raider Covenant's always been a funny sort of egalitarian: "If you can stomach working with us, you're clearly one of the elect! Welcome aboard."

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #12 on: 21 Oct 2015, 20:02 »

Well, his Blood Raider Covenant's always been a funny sort of egalitarian: "If you can stomach working with us, you're clearly one of the elect! Welcome aboard."
I thought you need to be of Amarr descent first?

Anyanka Funk

• Blood Raider LARPer
  • Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 21 Oct 2015, 20:13 »

Nope.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #14 on: 21 Oct 2015, 21:03 »

Nope.

Huh, that partly explains why you sent me that evemail invite into the Sabik.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2015, 21:32 by Elmund Egivand »
Pages: [1] 2