Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Slaver-hounds aren't a type of dog? For more information see here.

Author Topic: New here with a question.  (Read 1107 times)

Malachite Ormand

• Clonejack
    • Exploring New Eden
New here with a question.
« on: 17 Oct 2015, 13:27 »

As a relative new player - just over 2 months - I've decided I would like to get involved in more of a roleplaying aspect, at least for myself. My dilemma is this:

As a pilot, I would have certain knowledge of New Eden. Especially of my race and the history of the area I grew up in.

As a player, I don't have any of this knowledge... yet.

In an attempt to make sense of this I decided that there was some sort of data corruption during my last medical clone transfer which resulted in my loss of memory of history. I could also use this to explain why something isn't known by my pilot that normally should be.

My question is wold this conform with current canon? Is there a better place for me to bring this question up?

Thanks.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: New here with a question.
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2015, 14:31 »

Usually we recommend that people just go read through the sections of lore that interest them or would be of note to your character so they don't have to deal with this sort of thing. There's a lot of stuff on the official wiki, and EVE: Source is available as an e-book too.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2015, 10:42 »

Hey looks like ya found the place, welcome!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2015, 11:58 »

It's a rather classic but very convenient and useful excuse, and if played well, can bring an interesting and refreshing character. It prevents a lot of blunders when starting learning the lore, which I have seen too many times.

Go for it definitely.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2015, 16:04 »

There have been so many eggers with amnesia I've forgotten it used to be somewhat special snowflake. These days I'm like "Amnesia, huh? Yeah, it's been going around. Better clean your sockets regularly..."
-OOChé