Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Author Topic: [Worldbuilding][Eventually Event]Seeking Matari artists and performers.  (Read 2032 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.

Seeking Matari Artists and Performers

The Tribes have suffered some of the greatest losses of all the nations of New Eden, this is hard to dispute. Over the course of centuries both internal and external forces have ravaged the history, the culture and even the very people of the Tribes to the point where we have lost huge chunks of our very identity as a people. The Empire sought to eradicate all that we were. The Federation - well meaning or not - insidiously attempted to impose their identities upon us. We ourselves may have brought as much harm to ourselves before and after, as we've made our own mistakes as we rebuild.

That said, we do rebuild. The Tribes now stand stronger and with greater purpose and identity than we have had for so very long. When we say Brutor Tribe, we know what we speak of. When we say Sebiestor Tribe, we know who we are. We have rebuilt, at least in part, our identities as Tribes. Some are merely recognized by name, not having had the time to rediscover or build anew what they were, but they have made that first step and is as such recognized as Matari.

Unfortunately, this identity is known only to some of us. Many of our blood kin only know of it in passing, or distantly, because we are uniquely spread across New Eden as a result of what was done to us. Those who have been taught and embraced in the Tribes themselves are not even the majority of our blood kin, and thus the Minmatar outnumber the Matari.

To help teach New Eden, and Minmatar of all allegiances, backgrounds and faiths about our Tribal identities I am seeking artists and performers from all tribes on behalf of Deck23, and Accorded Neutral Grounds across all of New Eden. We are planning a tour across all known Accorded Neutral Grounds to display the culture and art of the Tribes to any and all Minmatar who would wish to see it. The dates have not been set until we have gathered a sufficiently representative amount of artists and performers.

So, Matari Capsuleers of New Eden, will you stand up and show the art of your tribe or clan? Song, dance, music, paint, martial prowess, poetry, sagas, craftsmanship, even piloting skills, remarkable engineering, historic artifacts, and countless other things I couldn't even begin to name are desired. Can you provide?

If you are interested, contact me in this thread or privately to discuss the details. When we have a sufficient amount of artists, the tour plans will be finalized and the first event will be held at Deck23 for perusal by any and all Minmatar and their guests.

The end result of this should be a pretty decent Event at Deck23.
« Last Edit: 08 Sep 2015, 06:12 by Mizhara »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
Re: Seeking Matari artists and performers.
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2015, 00:17 »

If you have any kind of creative idea, for any tribe/clan thingie of any kind but don't play Matari, feel free to use alts. The event itself is meant to display things from both baseliners and capsuleers, so in this case I'd be relenting on my "no baseliner characters" rule in Deck23.

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2015, 04:34 »

Is this an event open to all to attend or, as per Deck 23, exclusive to Matari?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2015, 04:36 »

Open to all Minmatar (not just Matari), and guests of Minmatar of good standing.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

I've gotten some interesting pieces from one particular clan, some being historical artifacts, one particular item being a representation of a certain working of the clan itself. It'll take quite a bit more to run any kind of event displaying Matari culture and identity, so get your writing on people. It can be anything and everything pertaining to Matari culture and identity, so it's a great time to write out something about your tribe and clan. It doesn't have to be attached to your particular name if you'd rather not, things can be displayed anonymously, under pen names or presented by alts if you'd like to present it yourself.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Actually, let's sweeten the pot. For most it's pocket change, but let's make it 50m ISK for each entry deemed good enough for public display?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

By the way, due to my employer derping my latest paycheck coincided with the Eve payment, Miz won't be able to respond to in-game/mail/forumposts until Friday. I can't be arsed paying 1.15b isk for two days of being online, when they'll have my paycheck sorted out before the weekend.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

By the way, due to my employer derping my latest paycheck coincided with the Eve payment, Miz won't be able to respond to in-game/mail/forumposts until Friday. I can't be arsed paying 1.15b isk for two days of being online, when they'll have my paycheck sorted out before the weekend.

I could apply a plex to your account. Then you can return the favour.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Thanks, but no thanks. I've still got access to all my other accounts (where the isk is anyway), so I can easily plex all of them but it's not worth it for just two days. It'll be back up on Friday. It's not like there's anything happening in MinFac anyway.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

okay, I've half finished writing the oral history of my clan, would that sort of thing be useful?

I'm not quite sure what this event will end up being. Like, do we set up booths, or will there be a stage, or is it just a big gathering?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

How it'll play out will depend on what kinds of stuff people write and how they're represented. One possibility will be an art gallery style presentation where people can just wander around checking out what they want to, another would indeed be a series of actual presentations, for an audience etc. It all depends on what people come up with and how it'd fit together. Could be a mix of the two or something else entirely.

The primary point of the whole thing is to have a good excuse for Minmatar social activity, while doing world-building as a huge bonus.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod

Well, the lack of interest seems to be pretty conclusive. There won't be enough contributions to actually run this thing.