Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Author Topic: Greetings! Am I in the right place?  (Read 1280 times)

Jesse Aubaris

• Clonejack
Greetings! Am I in the right place?
« on: 25 Aug 2015, 06:04 »

I've been playing EVE off and on for a while now. Almost a year, I think? After finding a corp to find home and a career that suites me I now find myself looking to delve in the RP side of things. I used to enjoy RPing in other games on and off line so I have a littleexperience there. I was directed here to help me find my way though as New Eden is a big world full of rich, ongoing lore. I'm a bit overwhelmed to be honest. Hopefully this newb can find his way lol.

Anyways, glad to be here! Any tips on where a curious Gallente explorer can begin learning how to RP in EVE?

Haruchai Vidaraltyr

• Clonejack
Re: Greetings! Am I in the right place?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2015, 06:09 »

Welcome!

This is an excellent place to start to learn Eve RP. There are some very useful resources here - worth sifting through the various sub-forums to find the gems. For Gallente, there's a really interesting pdf in the CCP Public Library.

Most people here are very helpful - ask your questions, and though it may take a couple of days for someone to see it, you'll get good help.

You'll recognise some names from the RP in the official Eve Online Forums, Intergalactic Summit, which I'd also recommend reading.

Jesse Aubaris

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2015, 06:12 »

I appreciate the information! I'll begin reading up today and see if I can't flesh out my character. Time to hit the books!

Haruchai Vidaraltyr

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2015, 06:33 »

I ought to mention that in-game, there are several chat channels to look at and hopefully, find some people to talk with.

Others will have a proper list, and these key ones have further links. Try Federation.ooc, minmatar.ooc, amarr ooc (I think this is the one without the dot - there is a .ooc but no-one in it, so if you join and it's empty, try the other version!). Also I'd guess there's a caldari.ooc but for some reason, I've never gone there.

Have fun, and feel free to talk to me in game if you wish.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #4 on: 25 Aug 2015, 09:00 »

Welcome backstage.

This page may be useful: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Roleplay
-OOChé