Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Suuolo" is Caldari for friend? For more, read here

Author Topic: Development: A Guest of The Thukkers  (Read 1402 times)

Roland Cassidy

• Clonejack
Development: A Guest of The Thukkers
« on: 11 Aug 2015, 04:31 »

So for some time now Rolands wiki page stated he was rescued from being Stranded in a wh by a Bedouin Thukker caravan.  I had previously wanted to expand on this And include the fact is that he was initially held captive though treated as a guest. I had treated the Thukkers more akin to middle eastern Bedouin tribal caravans. Under leadership of a sheikh and serving indirectly a Caliph as their Tribal leader in the Republic.

Recently in the IGS someone gave me the opportunity to expand on this by mentioning the caravan super carrier in Thera. Could anyone possibly assist me and getting the information that was available of the caravans initial disappearance so that I can have dates that sync up with when he may have been rescued by them prior to their untimely destruction. Also I'd like any feedback you could give me about in game and official source references about the Thukkers  in general

Lyn Farel

Re: Development: A Guest of The Thukkers
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2015, 04:40 »

The Thukker are really something i'm not very familiar with... Other than their caravan social strata.

I am not sure what there is to be found on the eve wiki, but I think it is your best bet.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2015, 07:18 »

i always thought of them like the chinese caravans that moved across the silk route.

Part of the minmatar tribes, just nomadic in lifestyle, and looking to make a profit traversing the great distances.

Nissui

« Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2015, 07:42 »

Recently in the IGS someone gave me the opportunity to expand on this by mentioning the caravan super carrier in Thera. Could anyone possibly assist me and getting the information that was available of the caravans initial disappearance so that I can have dates that sync up with when he may have been rescued by them prior to their untimely destruction. Also I'd like any feedback you could give me about in game and official source references about the Thukkers  in general

Generally speaking, the Tribe is lead by the Council of Caravans, who also select the Chief. There are large Caravans which give rise to smaller caravans, and these are the most common unit around which Thukker tend to gather, rather than by Family or Clan.

In terms of the specifics of the World on Fire events: as I understand it, the hundreds-strong fleet of the Lakat-Hro was reported missing as the events of Seyllin unfolded, around YC111.3.10 or shortly beforehand. The Sanmatar ordered a massive search and rescue operation before declaring them lost, which became a point of difficulty for some capsuleers after the existence of the Matyrhan Lakat-Hro wreck was found in Thera.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug 2015, 07:53 by Nissui »

Roland Cassidy

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2015, 14:25 »

Thanks for the information everyone. I think that it could be plausible with the extent of timeframe. Now I just need to determine if there's any cannon supporting the idea that Thukkers would scout wh routes for caravans. Didnt they invent the first jump freighter?

Roland Cassidy

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:47 »

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/konora-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-thukker-wormhole-strategy-revealed/

It appears I can safely say that the Thukkers definitely use whs and confirmed nomad first jump freighter.