Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hubert Caissor was a Gallentean senator who, along with his entire family and personal wealth, disappeared aboard the starship Peralles while jumping from the Dom-Aphis system to Iderion.

Author Topic: Your Favorite Warhammer 40K Campaigns/Battles  (Read 1023 times)

Dr. Gavat Pakroni

• Clonejack
Your Favorite Warhammer 40K Campaigns/Battles
« on: 30 Jul 2015, 07:30 »

Come on, and tell us all about your favorite Warhammer 40K Campaigns and battles. If you don't have a favorite, just tell us about one you really liked :)

My personal favorite was a campaign I did with a friend of mine. The campaign wasn't particularly set in any timeline or event, but it was a Necron vs Imperium Campaign. He had drawn out a map of the "Warzone". There were multiple settings, from cities to forests to ancient ruins.

We even used Titans (oh my god it was so friggin' epic!)! Needless to say, my friend is a huge fan of Warhammer 40K (and a Dentist). It was absolutely awesome controlling the massive armies in a series of battles, each of which effected the outcome of the Campaign. There were many gruesome defeats on both sides, but eventual the might of the Imperium won over the Necron (those Titans had a little bit to do with that).

So, what about you? What was your favorite?  :D

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Your Favorite Warhammer 40K Campaigns/Battles
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2015, 08:26 »

I ran a pretty fantastic "Planetary Empires" campaign at the closest GW shop that lasted a good few months before dissolving (as all campaigns with 8 or 9 people do) back around 2008.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-40-000-Expansion-Planetary-Empires

For those not familiar it's a great hex tile set for running long campaigns, you fight regular 40k army battles over the 'tiles' on your turn, and claiming tiles grants various bonuses (say, capture a shield generator tile and you might get an extra +1 for saves), etc.   

As these things usually do it started out pretty great but after a few months we couldn't keep up the participation and it imploded.

My complete mob of close combat Black Templars did reasonably well, though :)

Dr. Gavat Pakroni

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2015, 22:47 »

Nice! I've always thought about forming a Black Templar Army, but I usually stay loyal to the Grey Knights  :lol:

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2015, 18:26 »

My favorite game was probably a Battlefleet Gothic game where an Ork Ramship hit one of my Imperial Lunar Cruisers, resulting in a catastrophic explosion that proceeded to put a massive hole in his fleet.