Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Minmatar pilots have a tradition of gifting Rodj Blake's corpse to newly-weds?

Author Topic: New EVElopedia Articles  (Read 1928 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
New EVElopedia Articles
« on: 13 Jun 2015, 16:08 »

"But CCP, are you going to forget about EVElopedia now that Source is out?"

CCP says nope.

And they are Minmatar articles. Mother-fucking Minmatar articles. Fuck yes.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
Re: New EVElopedia Articles
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2015, 18:33 »

NICE!

Nissui

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2015, 20:09 »

Thanks, Sami! Tastes like ambrosia.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2015, 01:28 »

Nice  ;)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2015, 03:31 »

That's awesome!

I mostly really like what has been done, especially to depict the Elders and get more info on them. They appear now a lot more humane and flawed as anyone. The precise explanation of how things happened in the formation of the Mandate and the secret resistance network worked well to my eyes. Funny though, how it participates to make the Ammatar even more clueless and manipulated by all sides (lol, even Sundara says "don't defend them, they are not worth it"). Well, Sundara is probably right to that point, those Ammatars are really useless up to a point where I wonder if they are not just there as plot tool supporting the development of the main factions more than anything else.

I still however noted some weird things, and something I am very, very unhappy about:

Keitan Yun comes with an ultimatum to CONCORD HQ, they jump a large portion of the elder fleet as a show of force, then withdraw... And then come back days later for the real attack ? What the hell is CONCORD thinking ? You breach Yulai security once and they do nothing to prevent it to happen again after ?

And moreso, are even surprised when they get blown up into oblivion ?

Anyway, that doesn't make any sense to me.

If the system is cynojammed (as it should be), then you have to shut down stuff manually with sub capital fleets. CONCORD is known for its near instant force projection capability more than its fleet numbers.That shouldn't be possible. The only conclusion I can see is utter incompetence.

Once again, i'm appalled how CONCORD is depicted. Besides a few badasses like that admiral capsuleer or Korachi, all of CONCORD seem to be made of cosmic jokes.
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2015, 03:35 by Lyn Farel »

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jun 2015, 03:55 »

FINALLY

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jun 2015, 09:54 »

I still however noted some weird things, and something I am very, very unhappy about:

Keitan Yun comes with an ultimatum to CONCORD HQ, they jump a large portion of the elder fleet as a show of force, then withdraw... And then come back days later for the real attack ? What the hell is CONCORD thinking ? You breach Yulai security once and they do nothing to prevent it to happen again after ?

And moreso, are even surprised when they get blown up into oblivion ?

Anyway, that doesn't make any sense to me.

If the system is cynojammed (as it should be), then you have to shut down stuff manually with sub capital fleets. CONCORD is known for its near instant force projection capability more than its fleet numbers.That shouldn't be possible. The only conclusion I can see is utter incompetence.

Once again, i'm appalled how CONCORD is depicted. Besides a few badasses like that admiral capsuleer or Korachi, all of CONCORD seem to be made of cosmic jokes.

I suspect it's an unfortunate case of the ISD folks being forced to work with what TonyG made. The stupidity of not cynojamming or immediately mobilizing additional units to harden the station before the Elders returned has been a long-standing issue since Empyrean Age, but there's nothing they can really do to retcon it out since it's a major component of a world-shaping event.

The most that might have been possible would be to write it as Minmatar staff at CONCORD deliberately sabotaging the defense when they got word of what the Elders were up to; it would also help clarify why no backup command systems came into play when Yulai was taken down (additional sabotage across the CONCORD network).

But, that raises other questions of why CONCORD didn't clean house in the aftermath or hold the Republic accountable for what it did. The current writers are caught in an untenable position: Either they can assume CONCORD are morons and let it happen - thus raising questions about how they function to begin with - or assume that the Elders' efforts were incredibly effective, thus raising questions about why nobody recognized them as such and held the Elders/Republic accountable.

Either way, it's an excellent example of my issues with the 'established authorities are dumb' trope that has taken hold of the EVE storyline as of late, and how it can create severe plot issues.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jun 2015, 12:40 »

I must admit that I have been a bit unfair and I definitely not aimed this at the ISD writers... Since they basically just summarized with extreme precision what happened in that series of breaking news when TEA was been deployed (I paradoxically miss those series so much... The Seylin one was the best hands down).

I overall think they made an incredible work at writing those wiki articles.