Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Wiyrkomi megacorporation is known for the trustworthiness and stubborn patriotism of the founding Seituoda family, who are still thought to own the controlling interest in the company?

Author Topic: Ramblings of an Old Freespace Captain  (Read 519 times)

Simone Belani

• Clonejack
Ramblings of an Old Freespace Captain
« on: 13 May 2015, 11:09 »

Forgive me if this desultory thought is ill placed or spoken. 

For seven years I have waited to emerge.   On the cusp of womanhood and barely more than a child, did a wide eyed and ambitious anarchic deviant once sit behind the great wall of grandiose and glorious betters.   Learning the languages of diplomatic lovemaking with both pen and tongue, I have begun to understand the true cost of unconditional liberty.  The price of freedom is high, and those who have paid it, signed the requisite in blood and tears, not only giving of their lives, but also of their sane minds.   I too was caught up in the drama.  I had hoped that the cause of liberation would somehow redress the boredom of lackluster warfare and skirmishes that serve selfish ends and pointless means. 

There is a time for peace, to rest and enjoy all that New Eden has to offer.   But let us not forget the advantages of war.  War is not completely unfortunate.  It causes men to rise and draws courage from the true believer.  War utterly crushes the faithless.  It creates stalwart allies and legitimate friends from those sharing a common cause for which to fight.   It quickly identifies your enemies and those who are not worthy of your trust. War brings commerce and opportunity for the enterprising and forward thinking merchant.    It serves to corroborate the necessity of healers and priests.   War makes a bold statement of truth, whatever that may be to either side.

I conceal my liberty in blood-stained scars and seize the reigns of freedom.  I stand unmoved despite the broken promises of the political elect, the grasp of imperialist tyranny, the domination of corporate underhandedness, or the fear of terrorist oppression. With loaded weapon in hand, I have clawed fervently up the craggy hill over treacherous rock and rugged thorny brush to seek an audience with the face of an ill-tempered King, and pulled the trigger.   I am absent of subjection, being neither slave to faction, nor servant to man.   

I have lived through war, and it changed me.   Almost broken, almost forgotten, but still a glimmer of hope remains.   I am older, wiser, and hopefully bolder, and willing to give my life to see my truth revealed.

Love and Revolution,
Simone Belani

I conceal my liberty in blood-stained scars and seize the reigns of freedom.

Forum sigs or avatars for ISK, message me.