Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Egonics inc. makes a headset called an Egone that broadcasts music directly into a wearer's brain?

Author Topic: A long time lurker decloaking . . . hello.  (Read 2914 times)

veisbier

• Clonejack
A long time lurker decloaking . . . hello.
« on: 04 May 2015, 23:45 »

As mentioned in the title I've been registered here for going on 3 years. That seems like awhile so let me explain. No, there is too much, let me sum up. I started playing Eve back in 2011, and while always interested in the rp aspect was held back by the fear of Doing it Wrong, so mostly just sat in on The Summit ingame channel. I eventually worked up the nerve to start rescuing jet canned slaves and convo'ing with Ston and found this forum after deciding to figure out how to start interacting with other roleplayers and not making an ass of myself. Real life obligations happened and I couldn't justify keeping a subscribtion and some other things happened. After a false start I'm back playing Eve again.

Exciting things seem to be happening Lorewise that is including the players (loved that Scope autopsy vid, huge kudos to you guys involved) and it seems to be a great time to dip more than just my toe into roleplaying. If anything the hardest part right now seems to be the character to settle on. i've a couple narrowed down that are pretty fundamentally different from each other. I suppose I could try both but until I get the hang of things I feel I should stick to just one. Interestingly enough both are Gallentean, and it seems like they're a bit of a minority.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
Re: A long time lurker decloaking . . . hello.
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2015, 00:22 »

Hey! :D

Always wonderful to see new people, even when they've lurked longer than I've been in the game ^_^

I hope to chat more, and if you want to talk about characters or anything like that feel free to pester me - I am a chatty fellow and happy to help however I can. :)

See you around I am sure!
-A

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2015, 00:32 »

Welcome

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Valadeus

« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2015, 04:44 »

Welcome, welcome!

If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to contact me here, or in game, or via eve-mail. I'm always excited to see new roleplayers.

It's a vibrant, new world to explore and helps bring a new level of depth to the game that will keep you coming back long after the novelty of the game has worn off.

Looking forward to seeing you in-game!

Nissui

« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2015, 06:52 »

Hey boss, good on you for talking the plunge. If you haven't already, check out the in-game channel 'Federation OOC' to chat with people who can help get RP rolling.

(Valadeus is also an awesome source for Fed knowledge, and is a cool guy; do recommend.)

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2015, 07:46 »

welcome!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2015, 08:18 »

So if you've been lurking, do you already know who we all are?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2015, 08:53 »

Welcome backstage.
Have our chars been in contact?
-OOChé

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2015, 11:35 »

Hello and welcome!

veisbier

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2015, 23:32 »

Thank you all for the warm reception! To address comments and questions:

Always wonderful to see new people, even when they've lurked longer than I've been in the game ^_^

Considering that my lurking during a period of 3 years truthfully only consists of about 12 hours or so I suspect your time in game is a bit senior to mine. The next time I see you active ingame I'll be sure to chat you up.

Welcome, welcome!

If you have any questions about anything at all, feel free to contact me here, or in game, or via eve-mail. I'm always excited to see new roleplayers.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be picking your brain for fed-tips soon. I've been poring over the Fedguide pdf and will most likely have some questions.

If you haven't already, check out the in-game channel 'Federation OOC' to chat with people who can help get RP rolling.

Thanks for the directions! I'll be sure to check it out.

So if you've been lurking, do you already know who we all are?

Woah, that makes me sound kinda creepy . . . that's fair. TBH since I've never really interacted with anyone in any meaningful way I don't feel that I can truly claim to know anybody here. I do hope to change that. Huh, that might actually make me sound creepier.

Have our chars been in contact?

I don't think our characters have. As far as I know outside of the rare exchange on the Summit my old character only really interacted with Ston Momaki. her name (my old character) was Rianne Severasse if that rings any bells.

Once again, thanks everyone for the welcomes and I hope to see you ingame sometime.

"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2015, 02:38 »

I don't think that's the same but I knew a Severasse, gallente sociocrat that used to debate in the time of Hans Nardieu / Bastian Valoron and all the gallente politicians.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 06 May 2015, 13:01 »

Glad to meet you, thanks for posting!

Regarding your two characters, why not try both? One will probably 'speak' to your interests more and you'll find out which you prefer!

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2015, 14:23 »

Welcome!!

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #13 on: 08 May 2015, 05:59 »

POINT! WEB! Go get him boys and girls.

Welcome ♥

Cakzad Arcashiri

• Stick-Up-His-Arse-Holder
  • Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jul 2015, 12:28 »

POINT! WEB! Go get him boys and girls.

Welcome ♥

*Pulls Webs Off*
 Watch where you aim those things! Oh crap, TITAN!

And that's why I never went into Null-Sec  :lol:
"I hope that War is quick, violent, and forceful. But not this, never this."
 - Cakzad Arcashiri discussing the Militia Wars.