Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Imperial Human Resources is a well-known Amarrian slave company.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Interest Check] Small Minmatar event for Spring/Summer  (Read 4358 times)

Nissui

Once the PPC concludes, I was considering hosting something small if there were enough Matari pilots wanting to participate.

Essentially, we know the Minmatar are a fractious lot in some respects, respects that have rolled out of conflicting PF and over different RP camps in some cases. Regardless of current loyalties, the Minmatar can be traced to common origins, and it is this commonality I wish to play upon.

In readings of background materials on tribal and nomadic traditions of justice, particularly that between families and clans, a recurring theme is a redress of grievances often referred to as obviation. I would like to hold an event for Matari where hatchets may be buried, debts may be forgiven, and seeds of goodwill may be sown. I will be going over PF and player content as well as real-world analogues from several tribal cultures to bring the particular threads together, but I will hold off digging into details before I know if anyone would show up. Waiting for Autumn could also he an option.

We have some time before the PPC rolls out, but I will leave this here for visibility, in case anyone is watching. In any case, thanks as always for your time.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2015, 13:29 by Nissui »

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
Re: [Interest Check] Small Minmatar event for Spring/Summer
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2015, 14:11 »

As long as I can be on when it happens, I'm interested.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2015, 14:15 »

I'd be interested!

ValentinaDLM

• Wetgraver
  • Totally a Toaster
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2015, 16:40 »

Depending on the nature of the event, I think it could be nice to participate.

Nissui

« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2015, 22:44 »

Depending on the nature of the event, I think it could be nice to participate.

Essentially, it would be largely ceremonial (I'll pull from tribal traditions here), if somewhat informal, with some aspects of Minmatar spirituality (pulling from PF/player content here).

The idea is that an offender can petition the offended in an attempt at a normalization of relations. The extent and nature of offenses covered by obviation are broad, but do not include the most serious crimes. The particulars  of the rite would be slightly more complex that due to the observation of certain tribal norms, for instance in the circumstance that the offended is not available to receive the petition.

In any case, this would be an event in a physical location in a low-traffic constellation in lowsec, and would be restricted to any capsuleer or baseliner of pure or mixed Tribal blood, with one caveat to be detailed later.

Those are the basics as they stand right now.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2015, 09:27 »

sounds cool, I'm in
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #6 on: 03 May 2015, 08:27 »

Could be interesting. We don't see much tribal RP going on. (atleast I don't).

Nissui

« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2015, 15:14 »

In any case, this would be an event in a physical location in a low-traffic constellation in lowsec, and would be restricted to any capsuleer or baseliner of pure or mixed Tribal blood, with one caveat to be detailed later.

As was mentioned above, there are some circumstances when a participant cannot offer or receive conciliatory petition. Either party to the obviation has the right to select a Second, in whom the concerned party places faith to conduct all matters relevant to the reconciliation. The Second is completely at the prerogative of the concerned party, and they can be of any race, bloodline, political affiliation, or loyalty; as far as the rite is concerned, they are indivisible from the Matari they represent. The selection of a Second is not taken lightly, as one can imagine, but it is a means for non-Matari to support their friends of the Tribes.

The rite is conducted by a shaman selected by a neutral party, traditionally the host. That neutral party may not participate in the ritual proceedings, but may only act as a mediator before or after the rite. In the event that a petitioner wishes to obviate with the dead, the shaman will act as Second for the ancestors.

The program and nomenclature for the ritual are still in development, but if this is still sounding appealing to some then I will iron out an announcement after finals.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 May 2015, 15:44 »

This looks interesting & I'd like to take part. A weekend would be best for me as my availability during a (working) weekday is a tad limited. Just try to avoid August the 29th as I'm getting married then.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2015, 07:56 »

I will come if I can

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2015, 13:26 »

I don't think I have any characters who could really come to this but if there's anything I can give a hand with, let me know.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2015, 14:14 »

Halfrek could go. Maybe she can get a Voluval there :?:

Nissui

« Reply #12 on: 19 May 2015, 15:36 »

Maybe she can get a Voluval there :?:

To my thinking, something of this magnitude could be its own event!  :o

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2015, 04:07 »

Maybe she can get a Voluval there :?:

To my thinking, something of this magnitude could be its own event!  :o

Hmm. If it doesn't happen at this event, Hallie could discuss having an event for it.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2015, 10:53 »

I know someone who will want to attend.
Pages: [1] 2