Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a principle drug booster of Sansha's Nation?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [VGRD] Liberty Vanguard (RP/FW Fed Corp)  (Read 2764 times)

Valadeus

[VGRD] Liberty Vanguard (RP/FW Fed Corp)
« on: 15 Apr 2015, 17:44 »

Liberty Vanguard

What: Liberty Vanguard is a small, paramilitary organization founded for the express purpose of defending the ideals behind the founding of the Federation.

Where: Primarily Federation Lowsec, though excursions into Nullsec, State Lowsec and Republic Lowsec are possible.

When: Current play times are a bit difficult to work around. We are active primarily in the very late evenings during weekdays (EST) with most of our activity on Sunday and Monday throughout the day.

Who: Liam Antolliere is currently CEO and Ambassador

More information:

Liberty Vanguard is an attempt to bring something a little different to the Federation loyalist bloc. We have no grandiose designs for a large alliance, instead we seek to accomplish much with little.

One of the governing principles behind the corporation is that everything we do in space matters. This means that our activities in space will match our activities on forums, chat channels and other venues and that we expect to be held accountable to those actions (or lack thereof).

For this reason, we are primarily recruiting role-players who understand the concept of accountability.

Liberty Vanguard is a privately funded paramilitary organization operating in a purely defensive capacity. While we are not currently registered in the militia wars, we plan to move into them as resources and numbers expand to permit it. Until then,  we are running missions, building a network of contacts, establishing standings, determining SOP and ROE and training ourselves to be more efficient and capable combatants.

If you've an interest in Federation loyal role-play, faction warfare, deep character development and involvement and a community of gamers more interested in enjoying their character concept and immersion in the universe of New Eden than pointless shenanigans, then we may be the right place for you!
« Last Edit: 23 Apr 2015, 15:41 by Valadeus »

Jace

• Veteran
Re: [VGRD] Liberty Vanguard (RP/FW Fed Corp)
« Reply #1 on: 15 Apr 2015, 17:52 »

I hope it works out well for you. =)

Valadeus

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2015, 17:53 »

A bit more information about the corporation (most of this OOC information at this time, since Liam hasn't really expounded on the corp, I'll denote OOC information in red)

*The corporation is a private military corporation aligned with the Federation but no particular political party, interest group or corporation

*The corporation is funded largely by Liam's own assets and wallet in order to prevent being subject to the arbitration or will of a patron

*The corporation is not currently involved in the war but it is the current plan at this time, it is subject to change as necessary

*The corporation works in tandem with the Federal Intelligence Office to police internal operations in the Federation and counter illegal operations (such as slavery within the Federation).

*While not a mercenary group, Liberty Vanguard will respond to requests for assistance from groups not directly aligned with the Federation, provided said group is also not opposed to the Federation.

*Any race is permitted to join provided their willingness to swear allegiance to the ideals of the Federation (and to the Vanguard which defends them) and possesses good standing (or neutral) with the Federation

*Members of the Vanguard are held to a very high standard of integrity and morality, including a strict RoE and behavior policy

I'll post more as I think of it.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2015, 01:53 »

Asking just in case since it might really fit to your RP concept, but have you thought of the lore bit on security and shipping licenses (and more globally, licenses in general) in the Federation ?

I think it is an under valued piece of fed lore that is actually one of the most important on how the Federation works on the inside, and how every system, state, and sovereign entity actually go through contracts for pretty much everything.

Also, yay for strict RoEs !

Valadeus

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2015, 04:39 »

I've heard about it, but honestly had trouble finding it. Would you mind pointing it out to me? I will likely adjust my RP accordingly. Thanks.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2015, 06:15 »

Best of luck OOC, let me know if you need anything. New corp bros have to stick together.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2015, 06:32 »

I've heard about it, but honestly had trouble finding it. Would you mind pointing it out to me? I will likely adjust my RP accordingly. Thanks.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Gallente_franchise_system

Valadeus

« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2015, 07:23 »

Thank you Lyn. I do remember reading that but couldn't remember where. VGRD specifically avoided an S&S license from any entity because it would then be beholden to that entity, which rather defeats the purpose of the founding of the group.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2015, 08:36 »

Well it depends. I mean, the Federal Navy, which is apolitical, assumes half of the S&S franchises, and then probably delegate the shipping part of it to Inner Shipping...

Where it starts to become interesting is that the client can prove to be a substantial lobby in that he might threaten to go see someone else if you don't complain for x or y...

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 16 Apr 2015, 12:15 »

Yay for Pro-Fed corps!!!

Valadeus, my current corp "Agiolet Security & Logistics" was created to eventually exploit that same angle Lyn mentions...

I for example could found much more interesting to say that a capsuleer corp signed in for GalMil FW under a direct contract for FedMart do do shipping between Intaki and Vlillirier and keeping both ends of the deal firmly under Federation Jurisdiction/Influence...rather just patriotic propaganda.

Just to put it bluntly, the State does things for the interest of the megacorps, the Federation does things for the interest of keeping democratic economic liberties....which actually are just 1-degree apart from one another but with 180° degree diference in ideology.

Valadeus

« Reply #10 on: 16 Apr 2015, 13:00 »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Are you stating that I'm doing something wrong by making a corp that isn't under a franchising license?

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #11 on: 16 Apr 2015, 13:42 »

I can already hear Yuki cussing me out for saying this.

I like Gallente RP. Good luck!

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 17 Apr 2015, 08:12 »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Are you stating that I'm doing something wrong by making a corp that isn't under a franchising license?

No no, sorry maybe my wording was not properly explained.

Your corporation is actually a breath of new life in gallente RP front....and i respect very much your efforts for that.

It's just me, for some reason the patriotic speech is an argument that i no longer find viable within pro-fed RPing.....maybe its a dissapointment with past efforts for it....or maybe i haven't been able to find a suitable speech to support it....but the more i dwelve into Fed lore...the more i see that the type of Democracy described in the game was just a tool created so people that were driven and ambitious could suceed and grab power, at least economic power at first.

Therefore, if you put that into perspective, a regular Fed Citizen that was able to attain capsuleer status, could see it as an opportunity to play within the Democracy apparatus...and grab economic power until satisfied.....and for a Capsuleer Corporation that could translate into being a prefered provider in several areas....not just protecting the interests of the Federation out of "ideological" motivations....

Maybe i'm drifting too much.....

Anyways, you have my full support in anything you need wish you the best of luck for your corp. Hopefully we can meet at the next celebration of Federation Day in June 20th

Valadeus

« Reply #13 on: 17 Apr 2015, 09:53 »

Thank you for explaining.

I can definitely see where you're coming from and for a time I was actually planning on taking Liam down that road, but then it occurred to me that patriots exist, even in the Federation.

An individual that sees the corruption of the Federation, sees the social and political plagues that infest it and yet still holds to the ideals that "supposedly" spurred its founding might possibly be able to demonstrate what those ideals SHOULD look like in practice.

If he can do that, then maybe, just maybe, he can start a trend. A "revival" of sorts, getting the Federation back to where it should be.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 17 Apr 2015, 14:21 »

Any sort of Fed revival would be awesome. I am considering focusing on my Fed characters more as well.
Pages: [1] 2