Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Kresh failing to kill halfbloods?  (Read 14498 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Kresh failing to kill halfbloods?
« Reply #45 on: 16 May 2015, 13:57 »

Ok, necroing that thread because... After speaking with some people, they pointed at me that nowhere in PF it is stated that kresh tea is actually poisonous, at least to non caldari... It is true that I am unable to find anything like that. The only thing I can find is that this tea is strong and bitter, almost of a bad taste to most outsiders. Considering that Intaki sweet tea is actually the one that can be poisonous when not cured, and nothing is mentioned about the kresh tea in that regards, it tends to further make me a bit suspicious of kresh tea actually being poisonous...

Is there any mention that it is ? Is it a player thing ? I may have missed something, so please bear with me...

Relevant article

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #46 on: 17 May 2015, 11:00 »

The only instance I can find of any mention of Kresh actually being the poison itself (instead of an additional poison being introduced during a Tea Maker Ceremony) is in player created fiction by Herko Kerghans called Four Questions .

Perhaps you are onto something Lyn.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #47 on: 17 May 2015, 11:11 »

As I understand it (and may be repeating stuff already covered earlier in this thread), Kresh being the toxic element itself may have originally been just player fiction from Herko but it was something that became widely accepted among the roleplayers back then that it was considered canon.

I suspect what happened is that the official lore back then did not discount the possibility but that the lore has since changed in a manner that implies that the player fiction is no longer as plausible a possibility as it once was.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #48 on: 17 May 2015, 12:26 »

I see... That changes a lot of things.

The dangers of high scale (high risk) world building...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]