Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The nation of Jin-Mei is the latest addition to the Federation? For more, read here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ticker Tape Parade of Speculations  (Read 3015 times)

Nissui

Ticker Tape Parade of Speculations
« on: 03 Apr 2015, 10:22 »

This might not actually be worthy of a thread, but instead of hijacking other threads I thought it would be nice to have a location to spin theory on the tiny but juicy morsels of world news that now scroll along the bottom of our more frequent Scope News holovids. Like the rumored Jamyl illness or Midular inquest, feel free to post on whatever strikes your fancy.

The latest release had something that might lead to future coolness.

Caldari Navy forces sighted towing Serpentis vessel with unknown hull composition and markings into gravdock at Tamo Propel Dynamics factory.

New faction ship in the works? Or perhaps related to past events with SoE, other chronicles?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Ticker Tape Parade of Speculations
« Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2015, 10:33 »

It's the Serpentis Burner Cruiser.

They're adding two new Burner missions this month; both cruisers, one for the Serpentis and one for the Blood Raiders.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Nissui

« Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2015, 10:36 »

Well that didn't last long.  :lol:  What's my imagination going to do for the rest of the day?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2015, 11:40 »

Interesting that the Hecate is Roden. The images we've seen haven't given it the same red colour as the rest of their ships.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2015, 12:20 »

Roden testing it doesn't mean it's a Roden ship necessarily.

There's that whole military-industrial ~thing~ going on in the Federation, too.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #5 on: 04 Apr 2015, 17:45 »

Caldari Navy forces sighted towing Serpentis vessel with unknown hull composition and markings into gravdock at Tamo Propel Dynamics factory.
Caldari confirmed Serpentis funders, this is why the State must be abolished, etc etc etc

In seriousness I'd love for more lore to be teased through tickers on videos like this. Maybe even have differing viewpoints from Amarr Certified News, too. Who knows?  :psyccp:
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Nissui

« Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2015, 10:35 »

Maybe even have differing viewpoints from Amarr Certified News, too.

Discrepant info from different 'official' sources could definitely be a driver of conflict. Good thinking.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2015, 11:11 »

It came up at the lore panel that we'd like to see news broadcasts from ACN or Echelon.

Nobody mentioned the Minmatar news outlets, though. If they even exist, I don't think anyone really wants to have to try to learn how to read smoke signals or morse-over-banging-sticks-together.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 06 Apr 2015, 09:13 »

Nobody mentioned the Minmatar news outlets, though. If they even exist, I don't think anyone really wants to have to try to learn how to read smoke signals or morse-over-banging-sticks-together.

Ooooh sick burn :P

The more hindsight I gain on the Eve IP the more I really do feel they gave the Matari the shaft on nearly every front.  They gave them good background IP but the Republic never really went anywhere on their own.  All of their storylines were only in relation to the other big 3.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 06 Apr 2015, 09:35 »

Maybe Eifyr ? I could picture Eifyr dealing in news outlets...

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2015, 03:54 »

Maybe Eifyr ? I could picture Eifyr dealing in news outlets...

Is Eifyr Vherokhior/Krusual? I imagine these bloodlines being the ones most interested in holding monopoly of Republic Media.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Nissui

« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2015, 07:11 »

Is Eifyr Vherokhior/Krusual? I imagine these bloodlines being the ones most interested in holding monopoly of Republic Media.

According to the wiki, both tribes are backers but the Krusual got onboard early and own a good deal more. Controlling stake is still anonymous though.

Maybe Eifyr? I could picture Eifyr dealing in news outlets...

Eifyr did help launch The Leisure Group, and the biotech firm is listed as a partner. They seem a little less news oriented based on their description.

:eek:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2015, 07:56 »

Then again maybe we simply don't have any true journalist corporation listed for the Minmatar and the Caldari precisely because those are completely balkanized in said both faction... Maybe they have many smaller ones and no huge big conglomerate.

Tabor Murn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2015, 08:17 »

I could see each Tribe having their own media outlet.

Nissui

« Reply #14 on: 10 Apr 2015, 12:42 »

The Scope gave us a rundown of a bunch of Sov and FW stuff. Pretty lean.

Propel Dynamics decline to comment on arrival of unidentified vessel at Tamo factory gravdock.

Guessing they might want to research the high speed and scram immunity of the Serpentis Burner Talos, maybe? Share their secrets with those dirty SoE.

Republic Security Services patrol observed briefly engaging Drifter vessels in Elgoi before retreat to Arlek.

Is that the first recorded hostility between an empire force and these bads?  :o
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2015, 12:48 by Nissui »
Pages: [1] 2