Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Want a teacher...  (Read 5499 times)

Honourblade3

Want a teacher...
« on: 17 Mar 2015, 22:57 »

Hey guys,

Some of you may know of me, now, I know I am new, but I really want to try PvP, I have tried station camping for criminals and the like with no success, so I was wondering if someone would like a wingman, I don't want to leave my corp for it, but maybe if you, or you know people who do Null Sec roams or hunting in High Sec for criminals then I can help out, I fly EWAR, a Cruicifier, and will soon be in a Sentinel if I like PvP enough, let me know if you know anyone, or are interested in teaching me :)

Thanks!

Nissui

Re: Want a teacher...
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2015, 00:41 »

There are a number of NPSI fleets such as RvB Ganked that offer public roams through lowsec and null, they usually welcome extra tacklers, logi+ewar frigs, etc. You'll get an idea of what fleet actions are like, not quite the same as duoing on gates, but you'll get accustomed to the shakes and learn to accept things like getting podded as the cost of doing business.

Smattering of possible options for NPSI public fleets.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2015, 03:42 »

So, you do not do lowsec?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Utari Onzo

« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2015, 12:14 »

Try out NPSI fleets, learn the basics, then make isk and fit up a load of cheap t1 frigs and get out to the lowsec faction warfare space and learn in the school of hard knocks.

Ask people in your corp/pub channels of pvp groups you hang out in, anywhwere appropriate and go through the fight with people. Convo guys that kill you and ask what went wrong, what went right for you etc. PVPers are usually willing to talk their 'victims' through what they can do better. It's how I learned and am still learning.

Honourblade3

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2015, 17:27 »

Oh, i didn't know about NPSI (No Problem Shot It? Haha!) And yeah, my mate took me out for a spin and it was a blast, lost my ship but so did the target, haha! Am waiting a bit to join FW (Eli's arc hasn't gotten to that point yet, in a month it should though.

And yes Low Sec, haha! Forgot to type it, haha!

Thank you for that list, I will go through them and see if anyone wants EWAR help :) Thank you!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2015, 19:42 »

NPSI = "Not Purple, Shoot It", aka if it isn't in your fleet it's a valid target.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2015, 03:13 »

Be aware that everything you will do, no matter for which purposes OOCly, might get used against you ICly.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2015, 03:18 »

Be aware that everything you will do, no matter for which purposes OOCly, might get used against you ICly.

To fix that problem: Always IC, all the time.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #8 on: 19 Mar 2015, 13:55 »

Hey guys,

Some of you may know of me, now, I know I am new, but I really want to try PvP, I have tried station camping for criminals and the like with no success, so I was wondering if someone would like a wingman, I don't want to leave my corp for it, but maybe if you, or you know people who do Null Sec roams or hunting in High Sec for criminals then I can help out, I fly EWAR, a Cruicifier, and will soon be in a Sentinel if I like PvP enough, let me know if you know anyone, or are interested in teaching me :)

Thanks!

Apply to PIE. That way you don't need to worry about ooc pvp conflicting with Amarr Loyal iC.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2015, 15:42 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 19 Mar 2015, 17:22 »

W e trainz hao fly gud! \o/

Honourblade3

« Reply #10 on: 19 Mar 2015, 17:52 »

Can't yet, my arc hasn't gotten that far yet, and don't worry, when i have gone hunting we have been staying away from Amarrian militia, though one did come and kill me.. That wasn't nice.. We was helping him..

And we are always IC on roams, makes it fun!

@Aldrith Shutaq - Then teach me :( 
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2015, 22:41 by Eli Sariah »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:19 »

Just saying that if you start pirating all around and get noticed by RP groups with staunch loyalties, you might find some doors quickly shut to your character if he starts showing up with a pirate background.

Honourblade3

« Reply #12 on: 21 Mar 2015, 04:13 »

Good thing I have only been getting attacked lately then hey? Haha! Same guy tried to get me a bunch of times with duel requests, haha! And the other one was GoonSwarm, and the first one was from some PvP corporation, haha! Don't worry, i am making sure they aren't RP'ers or at least RP'ers on the side i want to join :P so don't worry, I know :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 21 Mar 2015, 04:14 »

Yes, but that's my point actually. If RP loyalists caring enough about piracy (like PIE), if they see that your character has a piracy record, against RPers or non RPers, it might give him trouble.

Honourblade3

« Reply #14 on: 21 Mar 2015, 05:43 »

But they are criminal's? And oh well.. If PIE thinks that or who ever else then so be it, Eli doesn't answer to any but the Empress and the Council, i won't mind just chilling in FW solo either :) was just an avenue i'd like in the future :) nothing more, not a big deal for me I guess, but thanks anyways, I will remember that
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2015, 05:45 by Eli Sariah »
Pages: [1] 2