Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

a lone miner was detained and executed on 29.11YC105 for "suspicious curiosity" after asking passing Imperial Fleet ships "where they were going with all those guns".

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 7 Days to Die Giveaway.  (Read 2846 times)

Vikarion

7 Days to Die Giveaway.
« on: 28 Feb 2015, 20:41 »

First: Everything below is contingent upon this meeting with the mod's approval.

So, I've had a pretty good winter, business-wise, and I've been doing pretty well. I'd like to spread a little of that around. I've also been enjoying 7 Days to Die, an early access zombie-survival game, and I'd like to support the company. So, I thought, why not buy a few more copies and give them away?

Therefore, I am, contingent upon this post not being against the rules, giving away 4 copies of 7 Days to Die on Steam. This is entirely without strings or conditions other than as outlined below. I don't expect or ask you to make me a Steam friend, I don't expect or want you to buy anything, the only thing I want to do is give away a game I've enjoyed. There is no commercial interest in this for me, I don't work in the games industry, and no one is giving me money (or anything else) to do this. All I ask is that you only participate if you will actually give the game a try.

Here are the rules:
1. Post here.
2. About three days from now (on 3/5/15, american notation), I will use an online dice roller to generate 4 numbers, the range set to the amount of posts in the thread. If your number comes up, you get a copy of the game.
3. Post only once. If you post multiple times, only your first post will "count". Others will be re-rolled.
4. Only one copy per person/Steam ID. Duplicate rolls will be re-rolled (i.e., two 14s will only get post #14 one copy).
5. Rolling "1" (me) will be re-rolled.
6. If you win (I will post the winners in this thread), you must message me with your Steam ID, so I can give you the game.
7. Anyone who, after winning, does not message me with their Steam ID, will forfeit after 7 days (heh), and a new winner will be chose by dice roll.
8. If there are fewer than 5 entrants, everyone will automatically get a copy.

FAQ

Q. Why are you doing this?
A. Because I enjoy the game and want some other people to like it too.

Q. Isn't this game Early Access?
A. Yup. Still fun. Highly rated on Steam, too.

Q. But you're an asshole!
A. That may or may not be true. Nonetheless, don't you want to take stuff from an asshole? That would mean said asshole doesn't have as much stuff to be an asshole with, right?

Q. You're just looking to make some friends.
A. Even if I were, that's hardly a crime. That said, I'm not, so please don't start messaging me on Steam to play games. I will likely be annoyed.

Q. Does everyone have an equal chance to win?
A. So far as I know. I think online dice generators are pretty random. I certainly won't tilt the results - if I just wanted people I like to have the game, I'd just buy it for them.

Q. Why 7 Days to Die? I prefer another game.
A. I'm glad you have different tastes, life would be boring if we didn't, but this giveaway is only for 7 Days to Die.

Q. Do I have to add you to my Steam friends?
A. No, please don't. Unless you want to, I suppose. At any rate, I think I can give games to non-friends, but even if I'm wrong, you needn't keep me added after getting the game.

Q. Does this mean you want to play [insert title] with me?
A. No. Except for Eve and WoT and Dota 2, I generally play single-player. And I play the last two less and less, although I love watching Dota 2. It's just a time thing.

Q. Which do you prefer, steak or swordfish?
A. Both.

Anyway, good luck!

« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2015, 22:18 by Vikarion »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: 7 Days to Die Giveaway.
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2015, 22:01 »

Nothing here that immediately looks like it would break any rules to me. Have fun.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2015, 22:09 »

I like a good lottery. Sign me up  ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2015, 06:38 »

o7
o//
\\o
`○~
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 01 Mar 2015, 07:42 »

I got 7 a Days to Die on my Whishlist, I am just not entirely sure if it is "the zombie game to rule them all". I am somewhat fond of zombie games but have not found the right one yet. I tried out Dead Island and State of Decay but neither of those are really it.
The mixture of survival, strategy and action has to be just right, but I have not encountered the good mix yet.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2015, 14:41 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 02 Mar 2015, 09:13 »

Looks fun, sign me up!

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2015, 12:15 »

Actually already have it, but I guess I never spent enough time to really get into it and enjoy it. Lost a few weeks recently to Don't Starve Together instead.

If there ends up being a group of people playing together, I'd be happy to join in the madness.

Vikarion

« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2015, 22:51 »

Well, I'd hoped a few more people would want in, but as it is, I'm not going to leave one or two people out. Everyone who posted before this post, message me (here) your steam name, and I'll send you a copy via steam. I hope you all enjoy it.  :D

Victoria Stecker, I presume you weren't posting for another copy.  :P

EDIT: Bloody Steam won't let me send to people not on my friends list, unless I have their email, and I really don't want to ask for that. So, send me your steam id, add me as "Vikarion" after I add you, I'll send you the game and then remove you unless you indicate otherwise.
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2015, 23:15 by Vikarion »

Honourblade3

« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2015, 23:16 »

If only i used Steam..

Also sorry, i posted on your story thing without thinking :(

Vikarion

« Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2015, 23:19 »

If only i used Steam..

Oh, no, comments in the story are perfectly fine.

Honourblade3

« Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2015, 23:22 »

Oh.. *Runs back to story to re-write comment*

Vikarion

« Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2015, 23:22 »

If only i used Steam..

Also, if you ever do get Steam, lemme know. I'll get you a copy too. :-P

Vikarion

« Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 2015, 23:41 »

Alright, Kalatiri has his/hers (I'm not sure). Everyone else, just message me here and add me on steam (you need to message me here because I don't want to be giving it away to anyone at random on Steam), and it's yours. Hope you all enjoy it!  :)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #13 on: 06 Mar 2015, 00:05 »

Confirming I have received it  :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
« Reply #14 on: 06 Mar 2015, 17:47 »

Oh eff it count me in. My brother plays the game and he has gotten on to me often to get the game myself. Reason I never got it is because I kinda burnt myself out on the whole zombie survival thing.
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...
Pages: [1] 2