Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Fiery Kernite once led to an epic bar brawl in the Syndicate, leading it to be called "Rage Stone"?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Amarr - Empress  (Read 7013 times)

Lunarisse Aspenstar

Amarr - Empress
« on: 17 Feb 2015, 06:14 »

Link:

24th IC Medal and Empress
"Kezti Sundara Awards Imperia Militia Pilots with Military Distinction "
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/kezti-sundara-awards-imperia-militia-pilots-with-military-distinction/

Money quote on Empress:
"Rumors continue to circulate among the media relating to the wellbeing of Empress Jamyl I, after her abstinence from public appearances since September YC116, with Chamberlain Haromi attending public events in her absence. The long delay in the issue of this decoration, along with its presentation by Grand Admiral Sundara rather than the head of state, as is traditional in the Empire, has left a number of media outlets speculating on the Empress’ whereabouts and wellbeing."

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Amarr - Empress
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2015, 06:33 »

a ceremony to bless and name the keel of an Abaddon-class Imperial Issue battleship that has been given the call sign TES Righteous Cross.

!

TES now an official prefix.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2015, 06:47 »

May she die in peace  :twisted:

I always miss the 24IC medals. >: (

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2015, 08:55 »

I got one  :lol:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2015, 10:27 »

I hope she finally loses it to the other and Khanid II kicks her out of an airlock.

"Demon." *kick for great justice*

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2015, 12:30 »

Honestly, I'd love to see her suddenly reappear and lead the multi-national assault against the Sleepers/Vigilant Tyrannos Jove, throwing off the metaphorical chains of the Other on her mind as well as throwing off the even-more-metaphorical chains of the shitty plotline CCP wrapped her in.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2015, 12:34 »

Honestly, I'd love to see her suddenly reappear and lead the multi-national assault against the Sleepers/Vigilant Tyrannos Jove, throwing off the metaphorical chains of the Other on her mind as well as throwing off the even-more-metaphorical chains of the shitty plotline CCP wrapped her in.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2015, 12:52 »

I've always felt like the EVE plot was always potentially interesting enough with just the big 4 and sub-factions mixing it up; the deus-ex-machina Jove / Other / Sleeper business I couldn't be less interested in.

Like, dramatic space opera mashup with tons of factions to work with isn't enough? I know, let's bring in the Borg.

Wait wait, virtual reality sleeping Borg.  With space mind control. 

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2015, 13:51 »

I've always felt like the EVE plot was always potentially interesting enough with just the big 4 and sub-factions mixing it up; the deus-ex-machina Jove / Other / Sleeper business I couldn't be less interested in.

Like, dramatic space opera mashup with tons of factions to work with isn't enough? I know, let's bring in the Borg.

so truthful it hurts  :cry: :cry:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2015, 14:10 »

Yes. Deus Ex Machinas work sometimes in novels, but in MMOs...

Anyway, I would have been fine with sleepers and stuff if they just remained what they are supposed to be : dangerous remnants and artifacts of a past long gone.

Too Mary Sue for me. She already stinks of Mary Sue, I'm just going to facepalm if she also happens to play the hero one last time to save the galaxy.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2015, 14:13 by Lyn Farel »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2015, 15:57 »

This is actually exactly why I'd like Jamyl to reject the Other and go back to being an actual empress. It'd be a giant finger in the face of that so we can get back to the original, interesting state of things... and a big warning not to piss off the Big 4; just because they're slow to be roused doesn't mean they're ignorable.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2015, 21:49 »

a ceremony to bless and name the keel of an Abaddon-class Imperial Issue battleship that has been given the call sign TES Righteous Cross.

!

TES now an official prefix.

Welp! Time to rename the Militia Fleets.  ;)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2015, 10:32 »

THIS!

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #13 on: 25 Feb 2015, 19:26 »

THIS!

So much. So, so much.

I mean, I could see the Jove, I thought it was an interesting twist on the trope of the 'vanished ancients' to have them kind of still hanging out but just at the end of a long decline. All the later stuff though.

Also, ignoring the period of time around TEA I think Jamyl's reign has been pretty interesting.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 26 Feb 2015, 13:08 »

So much. So, so much.

I mean, I could see the Jove, I thought it was an interesting twist on the trope of the 'vanished ancients' to have them kind of still hanging out but just at the end of a long decline. All the later stuff though.

Also, ignoring the period of time around TEA I think Jamyl's reign has been pretty interesting.

Jove seem a pretty verbatim ripoff of the Vorlons, down to the organic ships and appearing as angels for the younger civilizations...

I don't have any problem with a militant Sarumite Empress running the empire, but it's not like they couldn't have just had new trials (WITH PLAYER INTERACTION EVENTS) to decide the new ruler.  No need for all the WTF clone business.

Look familiar?
Pages: [1] 2 3