Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hubert Caissor was a Gallentean senator who, along with his entire family and personal wealth, disappeared aboard the starship Peralles while jumping from the Dom-Aphis system to Iderion.

Author Topic: Are Agents also capsuleers ? Spine Sockets.  (Read 2053 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Are Agents also capsuleers ? Spine Sockets.
« on: 15 Feb 2015, 16:25 »

Something in Aria Jenneth's thread poked my thoughts. A comment about having sockets.

I looked up some of the agents, mostly female ones wearing the right kind of top, and of course.

They also had the same spine sockets as player characters.

Two options:

1. It's an artifact of the character sculptor - they have spine sockets because all the models have spine sockets, there's nothing to read into the fact, it's just a limitation of the game engine.

2. It's not an artifact of the character sculptor, and agents do have spine sockets, with many of them, if not all of them, also being capsuleers in their own right.

There is some evidence for option 2, given the existence of several pirate faction officers as agents. Estamel Tharchon for example, is an agent for the Guristas, and a capsuleer in her own right.

The Eve novel, the Burning Life, however, some of the characters in that were agents, but not capsuleers themselves.

Thoughts ?
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Are Agents also capsuleers ? Spine Sockets.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2015, 16:26 »

If one applies :psyccp: to the question, the answer appears to fall pretty clearly into the realm of #1 with the periodic, rare exception of #2 for officers and the like.

At least, that's how it looks to me.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2015, 17:03 »

If they were all capsuleers, that would mean that they are state capsuleers. Which also implies state capsuleers not working for the navies only, but for capitalistic corporations as well. The thought of it is... disturbing.

But yeah I think it is a limitation of the game engine, they were probably just randomly generated with it and CCP never took the time to actually create a second set of skin textures for them. Not worth the cost... Maybe they didn't even think of it. Occam's razor tells me that. It's incredible the number of little details you miss when developping a game, and you start to notice them after the release and go "lol".

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2015, 17:16 »

"Oops! Need longer hair on all our agents, stat!"

Ibrahim Tash-Murkon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2015, 17:53 »

Employing capsuleers to employ capsuleers seems like a gross misallocation, or at least a redundant allocation, of resources (Yo dawg I heard you like your capsuleers to hire capsuleers so I hired you some capsuleers so they can hire capsuleers while your capsuleers hire capsuleers to hire capsuleers). Also, the two agents followed in <shudder> The Burning Life are baseliners.
“If your hands aren’t bleeding, you aren’t working hard enough.”

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2015, 21:34 »

There's also the agent in Merely Disassembled who makes absolutely zero mention of being a capsuleer herself.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2015, 22:26 »

Two options:

1. It's an artifact of the character sculptor - they have spine sockets because all the models have spine sockets, there's nothing to read into the fact, it's just a limitation of the game engine.

2. It's not an artifact of the character sculptor, and agents do have spine sockets, with many of them, if not all of them, also being capsuleers in their own right.

Option 3. Capsuleers being celebrities, fake spine sockets have become a fashion item among some baseliners?

Q

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2015, 00:14 »

Two options:

Option 3. Capsuleers being celebrities, fake spine sockets have become a fashion item among some baseliners?

Q

Option 4. They do have spine sockets, but for a different purpose. :O
\o/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2015, 00:46 »

Two options:

Q

Option 4. They do have spine sockets, but for a different purpose. :O

Augmented Reality Paperwork
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2015, 18:17 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2015, 08:23 »

I was going propose option 4, but someone beat me!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2015, 09:13 »

Many people in the far future of New Eden have all sorts of sockets and implants for teh sexeh cyberization but aren't capsuleers.

I'll vote option 4, with the occasional capsuleer agents here and there.

I look forward to the next eve novel that claims the entirety of burning life was just the fevered dream of some station bum high on crash and nothing more.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2015, 21:54 »

Many people in the far future of New Eden have all sorts of sockets and implants for teh sexeh cyberization but aren't capsuleers.

I'll vote option 4, with the occasional capsuleer agents here and there.

I look forward to the next eve novel that claims the entirety of burning life was just the fevered dream of some station bum high on crash and nothing more.

Augmented reality for everything.
Deep sea fish loves you forever