Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Sabik's Sepsis is a blood disease that rarely lasts into adulthood, but is considered sacrilege when it does? (The Burning Life, pp. 20,21)

Author Topic: Which royal family owns which regions?  (Read 1587 times)

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
Which royal family owns which regions?
« on: 12 Feb 2015, 06:02 »

The title says it all really, while trying to decide on plots and storylines for Arkon here I got to asking which of the Amarr royal families he should make nice with, and I couldn't find a resource to tell me which places fell under whose authority.

So I am wondering if anyone knows of such a resource? I know some regions are obvious (Kor-Azor for example) but others (which is most) are not.

Cheers for any answers in advance.  :D

-A

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
Re: Which royal family owns which regions?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2015, 06:12 »

I think that the Ardishappur family has nominal governance of all Ammatar lands, with the natives of that area operating semi-autonomously.  So on paper they're not Ardishappurian, but in practice, they do defer to the man himself. 

No so sure about other regions - remember that the Empire is a very deep Feudal system at heart, so there could be a lot of vassal holders operating under potentially shifting allegiances in regions considered not worth centralised leadership.  Low sec and non-hostile border territories especially. 

It would be nice to see exactly what the smallest collection of worlds is, that can be considered a fairly stable Royal Holding, as I don't think all regions would have one sole overlord. 

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2015, 06:22 »

I think that the Ardishappur family has nominal governance of all Ammatar lands, with the natives of that area operating semi-autonomously.  So on paper they're not Ardishappurian, but in practice, they do defer to the man himself.

Cheers I forgot about that :)

As you say though I am sure that there is a core demense for each family that doesn't change, and it would be handy to know - and I can't imagine it is just one region... I mean these are the royal families after all. XD

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2015, 06:24 »

Yeah, all this talk of satraps and holdings makes me want to play crusader kings 2...  Will see what I can dig up when I get in from work.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2015, 06:25 »

Yeah, all this talk of satraps and holdings makes me want to play crusader kings 2...  Will see what I can dig up when I get in from work.

Cheers for anything you find, and don't let the search get in the way of CK2 (I adore that game :D ).

EDIT:

Okay so looking at the map again it seems that Sarum is the only family that doesn't have a region named for them, I would imagine given the name that Domain would belong to the Emperor Family as the personal demense of the Emperor/Empress, so that leaves Devoid, The Bleak lands, Aridia, and Genesis as regions without an obvious royal family - at least to my mind.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 06:41 by Arkon Sarain »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2015, 07:30 »

Kor-Azor = Kor-Azor (Kor-Azor Prime)
Tash-Murkon = Tash-Murkon (Tash-Murkon Prime)
Kador = Kador (Kador Prime)
Ardishapur = Upper Domain (Ardishapur Prime) & Derelik (protectorate - Jarizza)
Sarum = Lower Domain (Sarum Prime)
Khanid = Khanid

Aridia, Genesis, Devoid, The Bleak Lands, all belong to various Holders or to the Empire itself.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:13 »

Khanid = Khanid

Aridia, Genesis, Devoid, The Bleak Lands, all belong to various Holders or to the Empire itself.

Awesome Lyn!! Thanks for that, do you mind telling me where all that info is? Just so I can get a better handle on where to look for this stuff - and don't have to pester you nice people XD

-A :)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:53 »

Ardishapur is lower Domain. Sarum is upper. Rest are mostly as Lyn said. Source is here.

Aridia is Kador, or at least Mishi IV is.

Genesis is probably either Kador or Kor-Azor (it borders those two).

Ardishapur holds a historical claim to Devoid and the Bleak Lands, though it lost much of these territories after Zaragram II. However, it regained at least part of Devoid, as Arzad and Ezzara were under Ardishapur control as of only a few hundred years ago. Further evidence of Ardishapur claims to this area are that they have been very interested in it throughout the history of FW.

Amarr is Emperor Family.

« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 09:07 by Samira Kernher »

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2015, 09:16 »

Ardishapur is lower Domain. Sarum is upper. Rest are mostly as Lyn said. Source is here.

Aridia is Kador, or at least Mishi IV is.

Genesis is probably either Kador or Kor-Azor (it borders those two).

Ardishapur holds a historical claim to Devoid and the Bleak Lands, though it lost much of these territories after Zaragram II. However, it regained at least part of Devoid, as Arzad and Ezzara were under Ardishapur control as of only a few hundred years ago. Further evidence of Ardishapur claims to this area are that they have been very interested in it throughout the history of FW.

Amarr is Emperor Family.

Thanks Samira for the revisions and all the links, really appreciate it! :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 12 Feb 2015, 11:28 »

Khanid = Khanid

Awesome Lyn!! Thanks for that, do you mind telling me where all that info is? Just so I can get a better handle on where to look for this stuff - and don't have to pester you nice people XD

-A :)

Yeah, I am at work, didn't check the sources so I just got it out of my head...