Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Author Topic: Chinese ship skins  (Read 1261 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Chinese ship skins
« on: 23 Jan 2015, 20:25 »

Some interesting new skins popped up in Reddit today.

I personally like the Scorpion-hulled one.

Chat codes for the skins can be found here, along with some translations. Amusingly, some of the translations appear to have been directly transliterated ("Ishtar" as "Yi Shita") while others translated with... very degrees of accuracy: "Eagle" came across fairly well as "Silver Eagle", while the Armageddon got translated as "Apocalypse" and the Apocalypse as "Disaster".
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Chinese ship skins
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2015, 21:43 »

Hey look more fancy shit for the Firewall Nation that we'll never actually get to see/use on Tranquility except through preview windows and autolink. :psyccp:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Makoto Priano

Re: Chinese ship skins
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jan 2015, 14:06 »

The skins were probably designed by CCP China. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing these sorts of things appearing on TQ once Team Size Matters finishes some UI update stuffs.