Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [IC Forums] Discussion: Proposed Ruleset  (Read 15902 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: [IC Forums] Discussion: Proposed Ruleset
« Reply #15 on: 26 Jan 2015, 11:11 »

We're a little undecided on that particular bit, Gaven, though I did mention internally it might be nice to "resurrect" the CRC Auxiliary for the purpose.

As I've said for the other rules similar to 6, I personally don't envision it being a super-strict guideline once that bunch of rules is eventually condensed into some sort of "don't be a cunt" rule, and it would be handled similarly to the Summit, where it's tolerated to the point that it doesn't become disruptive or harmful to the environment. As for the individual rules being listed, well, if we feel one particular item in the list doesn't need to be kept, it wouldn't be included in an "example" list of behaviors that fall under the purview of the condensed rule.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 26 Jan 2015, 11:20 »

If you resurrect the CRC Aux, then a anti egregious racism rule makes sense. CRC Aux was founded based on Gallente ideals, after all.

I think you might want to get that nailed down earlier rather than later in this process, as it will clarify things.

One advantage of a forum RP setting is that you don't have the problems we had with the moderators having separate characters. It is a lot easier to switch quickly to a special moderator account on a forum than it is to drop what you are doing, log out of EVE and then log back in.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #17 on: 26 Jan 2015, 11:24 »

Speaking of the multiple accounts - I'll see about posting the usergroups thing from the internal forums later. Not really a ton to discuss or change on it since it shouldn't affect that many people but it'd be good to put out there.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #18 on: 26 Jan 2015, 13:08 »

Predicting every post made will be locked within 24 hours.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #19 on: 26 Jan 2015, 19:39 »

Is rule six IC, OOC, or both?

From an IC point of view, who is hosting these proposed forums? Seems like that should have an impact on the choice of IC rules.
Good questions, both.

I would think it very desirable for 6 to be taken IC - one of the biggest complaints about the quality of the IGS has frequently been that there's too much Gal-Cal or Min-Amarr nonsense.  "Federation must be destroyed", "Filthy Minmatar", "Slaver scum", et ceteras.  I think all of the factional disputes can very well be approached in ways more conducive to cross-faction discussion than base and banal mud slinging, right?

As to who hosts the thing IC, what organization(s) would be rich enough, neutral enough and interested enough to do so?  SCC?  CONCORD?  Nation ( :lol: )?  Others?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2015, 21:40 »

Silver in his guise as eccentric Caldari billionaire recluse. Although I know that the slightly sinister patina of his old involvement with the Nation would proabbly drive some folks off.

I'd say we can do a new organization, keep it vague, maybe HQed out of Syndicate. Syndicate: When your shell corporations need shell corporations.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2015, 22:18 »

Wealth.
Neutrality.
Interest in capsuleer affairs.

Sounds like a winning candidate to me.

Anyone got a better idea than Silver's?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:20 »

Syndicate is nice idea but you will always have characters taking issue with it like with any other factions... I would personally favor a fictional and really neutral entity.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #23 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:23 »

The only reason I suggested the CRC Auxiliary was because they were behind the original Summit. And with CCP being oh-so-delicate about copying said channel to pair with the official forum, it wouldn't be inappropriate for the CRC Aux to come back and make their own forum, I think.

That said...
Predicting every post made will be locked within 24 hours.
... if we wanted this scenario, the Sisters of EVE would make sense.

Break a rule? Shitcan the thread with the moderator explanation "FUCK CAPSULEERS".
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 27 Jan 2015, 03:01 »

Why not an SOCT branch? They already spend all their time creeping on Capsuleers.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #25 on: 27 Jan 2015, 06:02 »

SocT is space hogwarts.

I'd say Thera, but :SOE:
Its too bad there's not some other well known named wormhole system to base it out of.

In terms of the 'who' is doing the operating. Eccentric capsuleer philanthropy is pretty well established as a thing. Chribba is pretty much a household name, so having justification for it might be as simple as having a group of capsuleers come together ICly and go 'the IGS sucks' and making this new forum.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #26 on: 27 Jan 2015, 06:18 »

SocT is space hogwarts.

I'd say Thera, but :SOE:
Its too bad there's not some other well known named wormhole system to base it out of.

In terms of the 'who' is doing the operating. Eccentric capsuleer philanthropy is pretty well established as a thing. Chribba is pretty much a household name, so having justification for it might be as simple as having a group of capsuleers come together ICly and go 'the IGS sucks' and making this new forum.

Is there a petition we can all sign or would we have to each submit our own?

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #27 on: 27 Jan 2015, 17:40 »

:D
Ché is not a big fan of the IGS, and might very well discreetly or not so discreetly support an alternative.
-OOChé

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 27 Jan 2015, 18:32 »

DED branch related to capsuleer monitoring? call it DEEDZ?  :lol:

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 28 Jan 2015, 16:14 »

The only reason I suggested the CRC Auxiliary was because they were behind the original Summit. And with CCP being oh-so-delicate about copying said channel to pair with the official forum, it wouldn't be inappropriate for the CRC Aux to come back and make their own forum, I think.

Yep, it would be entirely in the spirit of that now defunct group of alts. Of course I biomassed Alianora a while ago, so she can't make an actual reappearance :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5