Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Author Topic: Until we meet Again  (Read 2532 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Until we meet Again
« on: 16 Dec 2014, 23:55 »

Until we meet Again

Dearest Ancestors, hear our humble plea...

GSC 2929
Riel laughed and whooped excitedly, pointing as the ship lanced skyward on a pillar of smoke and fire. Just a boy of eight, Riel didn't yet understand the signifigance of what he was seeing. It was great fun, being in the park on this bright summer day, the wind whipping through his hair. But he would remember this day for the rest of his life. This was the day, after so many long years, that our confinement on this tiny world was coming to an end. I saluted the rocket as it rose to meet the sky, carrying my daughter into a new era. I whispered a prayer to the spirits to watch over her as she crossed into their domain. Until we meet again little one.

"Where is Kya going Dad?" my son asked as the rocket twinkled in the sunlight. Riel didn't yet know, couldn't yet know, that Kya would probably never return. She would transcend us, travelling to a place where gods and spirits dwelt. Becoming one with the wind and sky.

"She's going to meet The Visitors Riel. They've come from far, far away to meet her." It had only been a month since the great ship had slid out of the rupture in spacetime, flooding our radio waves with greetings and well wishes.

"Why's she so special anyway? Why don't they want to meet the rest of us?" He pouted. I ruffled his hair, straining my eyes to see the glint of the ship's hull as it raced away from us, the column of smoke rising to impossible heights.

"Maybe we'll go to meet with them someday too. Kya's just the first. Her Spirit Ladder is in certain order, one that's very rare, That makes her very important." Capsule Compatible. That is what they called Kya, these long lost cousins of ours, a branch of humanity from a place of hope and light.

"Why don't I have that? Why's she so great?" I actually laughed at that, his boyish impishness. I couldn't help my self. Oh to be young again.

"You do Riel, we all have a Spirit Ladder, each one is unique, and makes you who you are. Our ladders are made up of tiny little pieces called genes. In Kya, all her pieces are in just the right order for her to fulfil an important task for The Visitors. Your pieces are in a different order, to do something else, maybe even more important."

"Like what Dad?"

"Well, I don't know, you'll have to find that out for yourself."
---

In peace, we release this spirit from our shores...

YC10119
"System's green, initiating final burn in 5-" My breathe caught in my throat as the sky turned from blue to black. "4-" The Spirit of Foundation loomed large overhead, a massive two kilometre long spear of gleaming polished metal. "3-" Gravity was falling away, giving way to a dizzying corkscrew as I fell into the dark sky, "2-" My vision was gyrating wildly, the view rapidly flashing between the blue of the world below, and the shining vessel above. "1-" I sucked in a gasp of air, body tensing. "Ignition." the engines fired for the last time, taking the rocket into a long glide that would skim within two kilometres of the giant ship.

The gap closed between my tiny cannister of air, and the giant elegant ship. Details became visible to me, decks that webbed together like the roots of a tree, covered in twinkling windows. A strange blue glow emanated from the surface of the ship, the tractor beam they had told me it was called. It took control of my ship's movement, steering it between the struts of the filigree superstructure.

"Everything looks good, we're bringing you into the bay." A voice sounded in my ear, and it took a minute to remember that this ship belonged to humans, humans that were expecting me to talk back to them.

"O-Oh, yeah, all green on my board, commence docking." A portal irised open in the surface of the giant ship, light pouring out of it as it swallowed my capsule. The mouth closed behind me, and my world vanished.

"Welcome aboard the Spirit of Foundation Miss Ymirald." The chamber my capsule floated in was flooded with air, and a hatch opened in the far side of it. "We'll be waiting for you outside the airlock." This was it. I was really here. I unstrapped myself from the seat, and opened the hatch.

There was no gravity, and I simply pushed off the launch capsule, propelling myself across the empty space to the waiting doorway. I hit harder then I'd intended, and I felt my nose crunch against the metal, tasting blood. I winced through the pain and grabbed hold of the handles on the airlock door, pushing myself inside, where gravity abruptly returned. A young man was standing in the doorway, laughing hysterically at my antics.

"First time in zero gee?" He teased, helping me to my feet. I felt my cheeks flush red, my nose was bleeding. I was an ambassador of our world, and here I was making a fool of myself. "Don't worry, you'll get your space legs before too long. I'm Zhio, welcome aboard." His smile was warm and friendly, big brown eyes framed in a pale face. I felt my cheeks flushing hotter.

"I'm Kya, but um, you already know that I'm sure. Its an um, its an honor to be chosen as the um Ambassador of um, of Galeatea, to our brothers and sisters in the um, the stars--" I had started giving the speech I had rehearsed upon being chosen to go to space.

"Stop stop stop," He laughed, "I'm just helping you get in, you don't need to do that with me, or at all really. Moira isn't big on formality." He opened the door out into a wide hallway and beckoned for me to follow. He had a cheerful upbeat demeanour, seeming to be unable to avoid chuckling at my predicament as blood continued to trickle down onto my bright white spacesuit. "You know, the Transcendence has been searching for your planet for generations? Ever since the Bifurcation, we've been trying to find our way back here. We live in exciting times."

I had very little idea what he was talking about. Our people had been stranded on our world for so long, that the memory of the outside existed only in myth and legend. So much of our history had been lost in the plagues and the bloody wars with our sister planet, when the dust had finally settled, we barely remembered how to grow food for ourselves. I wiped the blood off on my sleeve.

"Should I um, should I know what you're talking about when I talk to um...Moira?" I asked tentatively.

"Nah, there's plenty of time for that. All the time in the universe really."
---

In love, we ask you guide them to the next...

GSC 2941
"She's never coming back, is she?" I stirred my food on my plate, picking at it without eating it. I had been just a boy when The Visitors had came in their grand starship, giving promises of a destiny of light and hope. Then they had taken my sister, and their ship slid back into the darkness, never to be heard from again.

"No, I don't think she is." My father answered with a tired sigh. I had finished my apprenticeship as a radiosmith a month ago, soon I would leave home to start my own life. I'd already picked out an apartment in the city, a lovely little place above a bakery, constantly filled with the smells of fresh breads and cakes.

"They said, she was important to the Transcendence, who do you suppose that is?" I had long since ceased to worry about the fate of my long lost sister. I had my own life to live. I knew my father still held out hope that she was alive out there somewhere, but she might as well have been dead. Still, the stars presented themselves as an intellectual curiosity. Our people came from the stars, and it was said one day we would return to them. However, in the ten years since my sister's departure, we'd only sent one expedition out past the moons of our world. That team had travelled to Calaria, the sister world of ours, said to be the home of some of our kin. But there was nothing there, only long dead ruins, worn by age beyond any sort of recognizability, blanketed in a snowed out atmosphere.

"I'm sure whoever they are, they're taking good care of her." I wasn't sure if he was trying to reassure me of her safety, or himself. Like so many of our people, his eyes were focused downward, in the earth, in family, community; not upward to the stars and the strange worlds that lay there, waiting for us.

"I wonder if we knew them once. The Transcendence I mean." It was said, in myth, that our people were great once, we stood astride the stars spreading widely throughout space, building great works to honour the gods and spirits, before the dark times had come. Generations of war that slowly eroded away our strength, cutting us down until we had no great cities, no starships, hardly any technology at all. How it all had been lost was still shrouded in time, but the great old cities stood as silent ruins to our former power. Empty shrines to fallen gods. No one lived in the old cities now. It seemed wrong to violate the tombs of our ancestors. Their only inhabitants now were the occasional hermit, and the wild birds.

"I suppose we might have known them. Maybe we'll meet them again someday. Maybe Kya will bring them here to see us." He chuckled. I felt a wave of sadness. My father had such hope and idealism in him, yet he was a tired old man who knew he would likely never see his daughter again. I felt angry that the transcendence, whoever they were, had stolen my sister away, just like cancer had stolen away my mother when I was a child. "She would be 33 this year, you know?"

I simply nodded. We had both long since accepted that in all respects, Kya may as well be dead. I raised the glass of cheap alcohol I had with my food, "To Kya, wherever she is."

My father smiled, a faint sad twinkle in his eye as he raised his glass to mine. "To Kya."

---

Grant them safe passage, until our final journey into the sky...

YC10133
"Warp to Kya. Warp to Kya. Warp to Kya." Moira repeated with a calm rapidness. I felt my hull flex and tense under the laser weapon bombardment, liquid metal flowing across my skin to reinforce damaged areas. The enemy fire sent pain screaming through my nerves, held in check only by Moira's calm voice, and the cool relief of the nanites pouring into my burns. I let a thread of anger well up inside of me until it lashed out in a devastating lance of antimatter, slicing the rude spiked vessel cleanly in half.

They were slowly tearing through me, but the seconds were counting down in the back of my head. As I felt my hull integrity hit 50% my gravimetric sensors registered the muted thumps of my fleet sliding out of warp. The polished metal ships smoothly glided out of the darkness, surrounding me in light. streams of nanomachines were hosed across my hull, repairing and replenishing the liquid metal surface. The last of the mind eaters fled under our combined firepower, their fleet shattered, half of it nothing more then cooling wreckage now.

There were cheers and whoops of joy over the communications channels. For the first time in over a thousand years, the orbit of Oris was under the control of the transcendence, the mind eaters had been driven out. There would be no celebrations on the surface, the population had long since been purged, absorbed into the alien consciousness that had dominated them for so long. But this system had been a bastion for the fleets of roving mind eaters for centuries, and now their infrastructure lay in ruins, the strange spiked stations, warped and deformed moons, and the harvester gate, through which the eaters took those they captured, all had been destroyed in as little as twelve hours. Decisive strikes, tactical wormhole generation, and pinpoint accurate attacks had crippled the Mind Eater forces before the might of the transcendence had come pouring out into the system.

"Oh I wish my mum was around to see this." Moira said over the comms channel. "She fought so hard for this." Moira's mother was something of a legend, the first person to completely abandon her humanity and join with the self assembling hyperstructure that existed at the heart of a star. This structure was the transcendence, it was something totally beyond the world that existed around us.

"You'll have to tell her when we get back to Origin." I rolled myself out of the main body of the fleet, my liquid metal hull boiling clean through the wreckage it came into contact with, flying through the massive wall of a ruined station like a hot knife through butter. It was something of a joke by this point, in order for Moira to communicate with her mother directly, instead of the transcendence as a whole, she would have to leave her human skin and join the transcendence fully, and even after three millennia, Moira clung to her body. She was the oldest Pilot by a huge measure. Most Pilots joined the transcendence after only a century or two. While the Architects, Coordinators, and Visionaries often waited a thousand years or more, the brutality of the life of a Pilot slowly eroded them, and for most, a century or two was all they could take before they had to embrace the transcendence to escape their own personal demons. In many ways, Moira had embraced those demons, becoming one herself.

"Haha, very funny Kya." Her ship corkscrewed around mine, playfully dancing through the smouldering wreckage. "As if we're going back any time soon any way. Once we repair and repolarize the harvest gate, we're taking the fight out of this region. This'll probably be your last chance to bow out for a few decades. We've no idea where that gate is gonna take us."

"I know what I signed up for." I had signed up for something that would mean I probably never saw my family again, but someday, their descendants would know what I did to protect them, to bring our world back into the fold. Now that the Mind Eaters had been driven from this area of space, the Prophets of Truth would be able to travel to all the worlds we had passed through, bringing knowledge and science to the long imprisoned worlds of the old empires.

"Alright then, all ships back to the Foundation, we'll transit the harvest gate as soon as its open."

---

May we meet again.

GSC 3030
She was like an immortal angel, returning from a war in the heavens. Despite having left our world a century ago, it was as if she hadn't aged a day. She touched the deep age driven creases in my face, tears running down her immaculately smooth skin. "Oh Riel, I wish I could have came back sooner, time has been so cruel to you..." My sister leaned over me, where I lay in the hospital bed, kissing my forehead. Whereas she had frozen in time, I had not. I had married, had children, seen then grow, have children of their own, and eventually great grandchildren. "I can make you young again." She said quietly to me, it was spoke as barely a whisper, she knew what I would say, but she had to say it anyway.

"No. No its far too late for that, for me." Our father had passed on long, long ago. And I had buried my wife ten years earlier. I was done. I was ready to pass on. It saddened me, to see my beautiful immortal angel of a sister cry over an old man like me. I'd had a good life, there was no reason not to quit while I was ahead, as it were. The grand mysteries of the universe, and that transcendence of hers would be left to my children. "Save that gift for those still young enough to enjoy it." I patted her hand. "I'm ready to go."

I had known in my heart that my days were numbered from the moment her ship appeared in the sky. She'd returned from the dead like a long lost ghost, to guide my spirit to a place where there was no more pain. I could tell she didn't like what I'd said, but she sighed and accepted it. "I'll take care of them, your kids I mean. I'll watch out for them for you."

"I wouldn't expect anything less. You've always been watching out for us." She smiled, and I closed my eyes. "Until we meet again Kya."

"Until we meet again Riel."

---

YC10221
"And so, we commit this soul to the spirits. And we pray. Dearest Ancestors, hear our humble plea. In peace, we release this spirit from our shores. In love, we ask you guide them to the next. Grant them safe passage, until our final journey into the sky. May they be remembered forever, until there is no more death, no more pain, and the abyss herself shall give up her dead, and return them to us. May we meet again." The shaman bowed to the coffin, and it began its descent into the earth. My brother had gone from this world. The ceremony was peaceful, calm, and it felt good. The sadness that had hung over me for days had finally begun to lift.

"Until we meet again." I said to him with a small smile. I had felt the spark wedge itself inside my mind. That tiny fragment of the transcendence, burning incandescently in the heart of a star. We would meet again someday. The world was still changing. It was as if the universe itself had begun to stir from its slumber. Time, distance, even death, we would transcend these things, it was already beginning to happen. I could feel the glimmers of a bright future, echoing backward through time. I wondered if my brother had felt it too.

A new day was beginning to dawn. With a last look, I turned away from the cemetery. There was still much work to be done.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec 2014, 08:43 by Saede Riordan »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Until we meet Again
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2014, 07:02 »

Nice one. I take it this is the 10k years entry?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2014, 08:11 »

yup

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2014, 08:22 »

Very nicely done.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2014, 08:52 »

Dat "may we meet again" section doe...mmmmph, da feelz ;-;

Interesting story, saedeypoo
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2014, 09:04 »

I think at this point I have a reputation for bringing the feels.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2014, 09:40 »

Mixed feels, at that.

Like, yay Transcendence!  Origin Rules!

But on the other hand, like, nuuuuuu, Nation!  Good night, sweet prince :((((

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Karynn

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2014, 12:00 »

I've re-read it a few times now and it just gets better with each go!
A really good piece, enjoyable to read and skillfully written  ;)

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2014, 19:27 »

I love it! It is fun, curiosity, pride, naïveté, strangeness, a hint of danger, epic, longing, sad and hopeful all rolled in one.  :D

Q

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #9 on: 29 Dec 2014, 08:31 »

Damnit, it's dusty in my office.

Very nicely done. Very much in the spirit of VoaDS. I didn't know that there was a followup to it; I'll have to look for it.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 14 Mar 2015, 17:51 »

Timeline of the Future
YC250 - Years of war and fighting among various factions slowly escalated until most of the space based infrastructure in New Eden was left in ruins. Gates and stations were destroyed in record numbers, and over the period leading up to this point New Eden experienced a total 50% population decline. The Empires declined in power while dozens of independent nation states, pirate groups, and capsuleer fiefdoms rose. Bands of drifters roamed space, destroying anything in their path.
YC266 - The Eram star goes supernova, the radiation burst cooks the surviving minmatar core worlds, forcing the surviving population into a mass migration away from their homelands. The gravitational fallout of this event renders warp travel across much of New Eden impossible for a thousand years. Interstellar travel is reduced to the use of gates, wormholes, and sublight engines.
YC300 - New Eden undergoes a major technological collapse as hundreds of worlds starve for resources. The interstellar system of commerce on which New Eden survives comes to a grinding halt. Interstellar governments gradually lose power as their ability to project force is cut brutally short. Many new ships and designs are introduced to deal with the loss of warp, but the slower speeds blunt most conflicts.
YC350 - The Amarr Empire collapses into independent system-states, with each going in their own direction politically. Many systems with majority slave populations were host to violent revolutions as the slaves took power and exacted retribution against their former masters.
YC380 - The Caldari State undergoes an internal reformation, reemerging as the Union of Caldari Socialist States. Combined with a flurry of gate building, Caldari merchants are able to establish practical trade monopolies across most of former empire space, taking sole control of the gate networks and effectively chilling any possibility of large scale interstellar conflict.
YC400 - The leading edge of the Minmatar Diaspora fleets arrives in the systems of the old empires on slower then light drives. At the same time drifter presence across known space and Anoikis begins to increase for the first time in decades. Rumours circulate of a drifter mothership lurking in the ruins of the minmatar homeworlds.
YC487 - A rift between the Caldari Merchant class and the planetbound populations comes to a head with the destruction of several cities on New Caldari at the hands of the Merchant Fleets. Following this event, the UCSS quickly collapses, and the majority of the formerly Caldari systems join the Federation to be afforded the treaty protections that exist between the Federation and the Merchants.
YC487 - In a stunning show of force, the drifters reactivate the long abandoned Colelie-Bei border gate and lay waste to the Colelie system.
YC512 - The systems of Origin, J105000, and J164507 are connected together by a trio of Stargates, forming the beginnings of a new transit network within Anoikis.
YC551 - ATO, the Anoikis Treaty Organisation forms with its headquarters in Origin. The drifters continue to wreak havoc upon known space, acting as the most aggressive raiders ever seen, they destroy entire solar systems before retreating into their wormholes. Attacks are made into their core systems, but success against them remains limited, fleets are simply shut out when wormholes are spontaneously collapsed in front of them.
YC588 - Advances in wormhole generation technology allows the homeworlds of Sansha's Nation to be finally located. A period of limited cold war is entered between New Eden and Sansha's Cluster, limited heavily by the vast distances involved.
YC619 - By this year the majority of the independent wormhole system states within Anoikis have joined the ATO. The stargate network has expanded to include 53 systems, and the foundations to a gate connecting Renyn to Origin is laid.
YC650 - The drifters snap the stargate connections linking Amarr and Gallente space, detonating the Yulai sun and severing the vital Kaaputanen-Niarja link in a massive combined arms strike.
YC670 - The Origin-Renyn stargate is completed. Drifter forces take temporary control of Amarr before the remains of the original Empire push them off with formerly mothballed titans.
YC700 - At this date, there are four distinct political blocs. 1) The Frontier Coalition, consisting of the descendants of pirates, criminals, vagabonds, and explorers. Having politically evolved from the feuding nullsec warlords into slightly less feuding warlords, the Frontier Coalition has controlled the majority of what was once nullsec, lowsec, and regions of former Amarr Highsec for generations, though they have generally lagged behind in development. 2) The Federation of Systems, formerly the Gallente Federation, controls much of what was once Gallente and Caldari highsec and lowsec. Though some independent systems remain, the majority of the systems have integrated in one way or another into the Federation's political system. 3) The Merchant Lords, exerting a monopoly on gate travel in New Eden, control the majority of the ships and space based assets. 4) The ATO, consisting of the independent city states of Anoikis, united under political banner and connected by publicly accessible stargates.
YC721 -A joint UFS/ATO strike operation manages to access the Pator system by wormhole and intentionally destabilising the sun. The resulting supernova destroys five drifter motherships and dozens of nascent drifter colonies.
YC746 -The drifters retaliate for the attack against them with massive force, cutting dozens of stargate links in both Known Space and Anoikis and snapping the Origin-Renyn bridge. The Juno wormhole ceases to open.
Y788 -The first artificial wormhole is created in Origin, the giant gateway and wormhole generators become known as New Juno.
YC801 - A wormhole generation showdown between the ATO and drifter forces results in many wandering wormholes to vanishing as regions became depleted of Isogen-5. The war between the two grinds to a halt as their medium of conflict is depleted. Travel between Known Space and Anoikis once more becomes impossible.
YC820 - Rogue Drones invade the worlds bordering what was once Caldari and Minmatar space, brutally stripping the worlds bare before any response can be mustered. The drones flow around drifter controlled areas as the drifters repel them, forcing the brunt of the invasion into the core worlds of the old empire.
YC825 - By this year, the Drone Invasions have begun in full. Though the lack of warp drive limited the expansion of the rogue drones, wave after wave of them began arriving in ever greater numbers each year. They carry their stargates with them, each one belching forth more drones in its march through space.
YC830 - Driven by fears of an unstoppable grey goo disaster, a mass human migration begins out of the core of New Eden. Thousands of ships, carrying billions of people, launch out of New Eden in every direction. Anoikis sees a major population spike as every terrestrial world that can support life experiences an explosion in population. The Vilinnon star is intentionally detonated to reseed space with Isogen-5 to allow wormhole travel again.
YC844 - The 1st Siege of Jita. The wave of Rogue Drones reaches the Merchant capital and the trade centre in New Eden, Jita. The battle for control of Jita would last ten years, and cost billions of lives, but eventually end with the Merchants maintaining control of the fortress system, though the systems around Jita did not fair as well.
YC899 - The first of the great exodus ships, constructed out of dismantled worlds, is launched into the void around New Eden.
YC918- The 2nd Siege of Jita. An even larger wave of drones then the first impacts the Caldari systems, quickly reducing dozens of worlds to rubble and leaving Jita entrenched in a sea of rogue drones. This siege would continue until the eventual fall of the system.
YC966 - The Federation government and the Merchants combine into the Mercantile Federation to strengthen forces and ease troop movements. The Merchants seat of operations moved to Caldari Prime, seeing for the first time since the Heth Era a central Caldari government over Caldari Prime.
YC999 - The Fall of Jita. Stripped of all resources and slowly evacuated over the course of a century, Jita is turned into a trap for the Rogue Drones. When they finally swarm en mass into the system, they are met by the Isogen-5 induced destruction of the Jita star.
YC1014 - The Seeding begins to take hold, with long distance stargates and wormhole generators coming online in hundreds of strange new worlds in a great wave across the galaxy.
YC1099 - The Frontier Coalition unilaterally seizes control of vast swathes of sky, asserting military control of the new colony worlds.
YC1101 - The Federation and ATO formally join forces militarily under the ISA, the Interstellar Space Association, to combat the Frontier Coalition.
YC1121 - In this year, the core of New Eden goes dark, as drifter forces unilaterally attack stargates and fluid router hubs. Though the ISA remains largely intact as an organisation, this crippling blow leads to the loss of hundreds of worlds to FC hands.
YC1152 - Drifter and rogue drone forces battle over the remains of New Eden. Dozens of worlds are caught up in the conflict and destroyed as they are summarily stripped of resources. While the ISA keeps a foot in the fight, and thus ties up its military on current holdings, the FC continues to expand across the galaxy.
YC1200 - The expanding wave of human colonisation finally reaches Anoikis, sparking renewed conflict between ISA, FC, and Drifter forces.
YC1263 - The Promised Land is discovered, a small stellar cluster entirely colonised by Sansha's Nation. While the ISA brokers a peace treaty with Nation, the FC launches into a furious attack on their homeworlds.
YC1301 - The First Crusade against Nation begins in earnest, with millions of ships launching from FC shipyards. Many ISA vessels disobey orders and join into the massive conflict.
YC1338 - The ISA/Drifter conflict finally forces the drifters to withdraw their motherships from what was left of New Eden. With the ISA barely able to fill the power vacuum, New Eden is left scarcely defended. For a time, the drones are given free run of the second cradle of humanity.
YC1376 - Sansha's Nation unleash a new superweapon, a weaponized form of Kyonoke. Trillions are killed, and the First Crusade against Nation comes to an end.
YC1388 - Angered by tensions created during the war between the natives of New Eden and the wider ISA organisation leads to a short and brutal civil war. The ISA is left a hollow, figurehead organisation, when the Federation of New Eden breaks away and declares independence. Its downfall was ensured upon with withdrawal of ATO nations later that year.
YC1389 - The One Year War ends, everyone involved simply too tired to continue what amounts to a distant, ideological conflict.
YC1402 - In a show of good faith, Sansha's Nation constructs a huge new stargate, what would later come to be known as the Harvest Gate, connecting the Promised Land to Amarr.
YC1419 - Sansha and Federation forces push back the Rogue Drones from the surviving worlds in New Eden.
YC1441 - Limited border skirmishes between the advancing wave of human settlements and the Promised Land sparks into a full scale war between Nation and the FC. The ATO and Federation both declare their political non-intervention in the conflict.
YC1449 - As evidence surfaces of Sansha abductions and experiments performed on the civilian populations within the Federation, the Federation is thrown into the conflict. Due to the large presence of Sansha's Nation within the New Eden cluster, the conflict quickly escalates, becoming brutal and protracted.
YC1451 - Galvanized by the horrors inflicted on the population of New Eden, the ATO and remnants of the ISA formally throw their hat into the ring, the Second Crusade against Nation enters full swing.
YC1466 - The Federation manages to push Nation out of their space, though strongholds remain around the former Amarr homeworlds.
YC1473 - A massive Nation counterattack on the Federation sees the complete political collapse of the nation state. Sansha's Nation strikes at the worlds within the Federation with impunity, abducting billions and reducing worlds to empty shells.
YC1479 - ATO conterattacks manage to push back Nation forces in New Eden, but the damage to the worlds within has already been done. The few remaining populations are left with little in the way of technology or resources.
YC1492 - The first non-wormhole transit into Thera is accomplished, and the SoE are forcefully connected to the growing ATO stargate network.
YC1500 - At this date in history, the Settlers Coalition has subsumed the last of the ISA and laid claim to most of the stellar territory surrounding New Eden. The ATO has expanded outwards from Anoikis to encompass many of the surrounding colonies as well as the occasion far flung trade outpost, connected by wormhole back to the core worlds.
YC1501 - The Settler Coalition's war with Nation is going badly. While constant warfare continues over the husk of New Eden, the Settler Coalition is the only state to actually share a cartographic border with the Promised Land, and as the war has progressed, the Promised Land's territory has gradually expanded, swallowing up hundreds of nascent SC colonies.
YC1505 - In an attempt to gain resources and popular support for the conflict, the Settler Coalition annexes all of New Eden and vows to drive the Sansha out.
YC1511 - The First Siege of Amarr. FC forces are redirected towards New Eden and launch a mass attack against Nation, encircling Amarr and throwing thousands of ships into the meat grinder created at the fronts.
YC1515 - A large section of colony worlds, angered by the FC continuing to let Nation expand outwards and conquer their planets, abandon the FC to create a new organisation called the Independent Conglomerate of Worlds, or ICW.
YC1519 -A cascade of membership withdrawals begins within the FC. The government's attempts to put down the brushfire rebellions leads only to further systems leaving.
YC1526 -Conflict with the ICW and the crusade with Nation gradually cripple the FC and drain it of funds. Unwilling to let go of their power, the immortal leaders of the FC detonate dozens of their own suns. Trillions perish as gates are destroyed and warp drive rendered inoperable.
YC1600 - Following the suicide of the FC, the ICW is quickly overrun by Nation, and they advance as far through space as New Eden before a surprising combination of Drifter, ATO, and Rogue Drone forces (operating separately) finally halt their advance.
YC1617 - After finally connecting to the Drifter homeworlds by new gates and wormholes, a rough alliance between the ATO and Drifters is established against Nation, their common enemy.
YC1691 -  A Drifter/ATO strike force detonates the core star in the Promised Land stellar cluster and assassinates Sansha Kuvakei. Nation is thrown into chaos.
YC1701 - New Eden is formally retaken once more by the ATO, save for the unapproachable bastion Nation created in Amarr. The Second Crusade ends with the corpse of Nation still holding all of the colonies between the Promised Land and New Eden.
YC1705 - Attempts to re-explore the worlds lost to Nation in the second crusade are heavily hampered by the spacial damage caused by the Frontier Coalition's Suicide switch.

17% of the way there.
watch this space.
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2015, 15:34 by Saede Riordan »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 07 Aug 2015, 23:33 »

Thought I'd give this topic a bump since it seems the contest is back on.