Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the cocktail "Wild Rose" is created by Vincent Pryce and it is named after Ciarente Roth?

Author Topic: Docking completed  (Read 861 times)

Letos

Docking completed
« on: 12 Dec 2014, 04:56 »

Hey there,

I just wanna say hello to this promising board. I'm new to EVE and stumbled across Backstage. And my thought was: 'less frantic than the EVE forum :D and maybe more focused on roleplaying'. So I joined!

The complexity of EVE struck me when I gave it a try a couple of days ago. I explored the mechanics a bit and everything looks great. Anyway, for me it is all about telling a story and getting some cool ah... 'meaning' out of things that happen. Until now, I couldn't find out where roleplaying (interaction between the characters beyond the mechanics^^) actually takes place in EVE. The chat channels appear mostly OOC. But I'm pretty sure it happens somewhere! That's why I thought it would be a good idea to get a bit closer to the community somewhere. Maybe right here? :D

I've some things in mind about what kind of stuff I would like to do with Haria, but I'm up for anything! Feel free to contact me if something comes to your mind.

Winterly wishes,

Letos aka Haria Haritimado

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Docking completed
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2014, 04:59 »

Hello and welcome! You can check out the in-game channel The Summit for IC interactions (it's sometimes quiet, but there's often something going on during EU or US primetimes at least). There are other RP channels as well depending on what you're interested in, with more or less activity. There's a channel list for them here on Backstage, though it's not entirely up to date.

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2014, 05:26 »

*waves*

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2014, 09:56 »

Cool website!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2014, 10:18 »

Well hello there!

There are numerous chat channels which are in-character, with varying rules about how your character acts within them. Some, like The Summit, are the equivalent of "Space Skype" - a video, audio, or merely text communication point for capsuleers to connect to. Others are representative of actual physical places people have invented. The list above includes many faction-specific and universal channels.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Letos

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2014, 10:19 »

Thanks for the channel list hint and the greetings! The channel list already helped a lot.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2014, 15:13 »

Welcome backstage.
I think you found the right place.
-OOChé