Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter founded Synenose Accord, a capsuleer corporation dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of w-space and the Sleeper AI?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt. [FINISHED]  (Read 5801 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt. [FINISHED]
« on: 06 Dec 2014, 09:35 »

So I've been thinking about a story I have been wanting to write for a while now and it occured to me that it would make for a great contest. Still, I do not have the isk to spend on it nor do I have the time to arrange judges etc etc, but I do have the time to read stories.

So, a writing prompt instead.

New Eden in ten thousand years. That is all.

No other rules or limitations. Use your characters, other peoples characters, use earth, use aliens, Space Magic, elves and orcs, tyranids, time travel, your real life, whatever and whoever you can think of. As long as it is set in New Eden ten thousand years from current in-game time.

It will obviously not be canon nor usable ic in any way, so where I would normally demand to see pwrmission granted for using other peoples characters or some adherence to pf, this is entirely free for all.

In about a month, 15th of january to be precise, I will pick the one I liked the most and give the author something shiny through a disposable alt in case there would be ic issues with the author.

So yeah, Little bit of a contest, but nothing big or official. No judges panel or guarantee of unbiased judging etc. So get writing, guys. If you want to be eligible for whatever little token I bestow on my favorite pick, you may want to ensure I have seen your entry by linking it in this thread.

If someone wants to make a proper contest out of it with a panel and huge prizes etc, feel free. I would appreciate this original prompt being credited though.
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2015, 05:22 by Mizhara »

Vizage

• Egger
Re: Ten thousand years, Fiction Prompt.
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2014, 11:35 »

Sounds super interesting. Unfortunately with the Holiday Season approaching full swing I'll be spending a lot of time with my various family extended or otherwise so I'm not sure how much time I'd have to dedicate to it.

But l definately give it a shot!

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2014, 17:20 »

I enjoyed the story quite a bit, but I recommend making a separate thread for your story and linking that gere so there can be discussion and comments on both the individual stories and the prompt/story without the thread getting hard to follow.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2014, 14:06 »

brain suddenly melting and overflowing with idea. I'm rather excited to write something for this. :D
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2014, 19:46 »

About one month to go, ladies and gents. Looking forwards to seeing more entries in this not-quite-a-contest.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2015, 16:43 »

who won ?
\o/

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2015, 17:15 »

More importantly, how the heck did I miss this?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jul 2015, 05:04 »

Sorry, was going to do this thing right and then I was in a fairly severe car accident and spent some time in a hospital, got back home only to have to go back in due to a nasty infection almost leading to a septic shock and blah blah. Couldn't work for a while, and recuperating struck at the same time as a depression severe enough to require medication and my doctor quite literally ordered me to stay the fuck off Eve and other such things that tend to worsen depressions and... well... Been a while, but I'm starting to get up and running again, literally.

Bit swamped getting stuff together but give me some time and I might be back online to finish this little unofficial "contest" thingy.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #8 on: 11 Jul 2015, 06:38 »

Ouch, a car accident? I hope you're alright now, Miz. *hugs*

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jul 2015, 07:10 »

Yeah, pretty much fine. The good thing about sticking to the shittiest/no painkillers is that you don't tend to over-exert yourself so you heal faster and better, and don't run the risk of addiction. The obvious downside is spending more time in pain, but I've gotten down to just twinges during exertion now so pretty much back to standard 30+ year old functionality. Hell, went on mountain trips with a couple of dogs I'm dogsitting for a colleague and was no worse for wear when I came back down so pretty much fine.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jul 2015, 09:03 »

Was wondering where you went...get well soon Mizzykinz <3
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jul 2015, 05:08 »

Damn, that was tough. I hope you are better now.

Now that you are back it is time to confuse people as there are suddenly 2 Miz here now  :P I have already been confused with you atleast once.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jul 2015, 05:14 »

And I've been confused with you as well. Not sure who had the earliest Miz, actually.

Mizhir

• Egger
  • Vherocool
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jul 2015, 05:40 »

-hir is from summer 2010 IIRC. She was named after my wow druid which is even older. How old is -hara?

Another funny thing is that I had been considering if Miz's actual IC name should be Mizara.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 12 Jul 2015, 05:55 »

This one's 2008, based on an older player character archetype I've used in a lot of games. Had an older Miz in Eve, but that account is ancient and inactive. My Miz is a character archetype I can plonk into pretty much any setting and the fine-tune all the details depending on the lore, the interactions etc. Over time they grow very unique through different experiences, but with a similar base.

I'm actually thinking of a somewhat meta story where they grow aware of this and each other, depending on their age and development.

Anyway, seniority established. Claiming the Original Miz name.

Pages: [1] 2 3