Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That many tattoos in EVE are nano-tattoos created with microchips implanted in the skin, programmed to react to the wearer's emotional state? Read more here.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New Sansha capture mechanic  (Read 14341 times)

Vikarion

New Sansha capture mechanic
« on: 07 Jun 2010, 22:55 »

Aria Jenneth has come up with an idea that I think could be a lot of fun, regarding converting people to Sansha. So, here's the link:

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1332389

The gist of it is the idea that participants can affect the RP of another via an agreed upon process. I'd re-post it, but it's not mine to do. In any case, what do you think?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: New Sansha capture mechanic
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2010, 22:59 »

Eh... no thanks. Awesome effort, but I'd never agree to any process that might end up with Miz as Sanshatard. I'm sorry, I mean Sanshatwa... that's no better. Sansharatar... damnit, it keeps sneaking up on me.

You know what I mean.

Edit: And personally, I'm not too fond of the current Sansha bandwagon. I'll stick to the Eve RP my characters are involved with. Suddenly being thrown into this dime a dozen RP you see wherever you stick your head... well, I'm over it already.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2010, 23:03 by Mizhara »

Vikarion

« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2010, 23:04 »

Oh, I have every intention of avoiding this fate. But I like the danger.  :D

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jun 2010, 23:09 »

Oh I really do love the danger aspect... but it'd throw monkeys in the wrench of several angles of RP I'm currently working on. Sorry, no dice. Completely destroying all chances of getting these arcs done with, in favor of suddenly being on a completely different plot which I have no real interest in? Meh.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #4 on: 08 Jun 2010, 05:49 »

Yeah, Nation doesn't get enough press about implanting people just yet?  :bash:

Not like some of us are trying to be more than BORG DORP clones?  :bash:

"Let's play a game where you reinforce the stereotype!"  :bash:

No.
Hell no.

But easy enough to fix,
1. Place Amarr tech in there instead of Nation tech.
2. Go wild with the Slaver/slave shit.

Meanwhile, Chell here is trying to rebuild a civilization and he could deal with little less meta gaming wankery.

Yeah, might be a bit flamy but I see an OOC attempt at IC goals.

Hence the rage.

Option two, for some reason Aria doesn't see any IC effects on Nation when some of my Citizen peers join in the fun?

Fuck no.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 08 Jun 2010, 07:55 »

Hey, you saw I threw in my two ISK about the whole thing.

Don't know what else I can comment about it, but I do see what you all are trying to do.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 08 Jun 2010, 12:21 »

I replied to the thread.

Also:

And personally, I'm not too fond of the current Sansha bandwagon.

Tbh? So am I. It's rather difficult trying to sift through the bandwagoners for the people who are actually interested in sticking with it for recruiting.

Goshien

• Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jun 2010, 17:31 »

No.
Hell no.

But easy enough to fix,

Meanwhile, Chell here is trying to rebuild a civilization and he could deal with little less meta gaming wankery.

Hence the rage.

Option two, for some reason Aria doesn't see any IC effects on Nation when some of my Citizen peers join in the fun?

Fuck no.

Stereotypes are a part of life. Always were always will be, and any game that has any sort of roleplay is going to have them. And frankly, given recent events, Sansha stereotype of implanting people all borg like is well and deserved. And seemingly a big part of their goals. I see an OOC attempt at negotiating a new risk into player interaction.

Interesting yes. Realistic to expect it to work? Not really, as it goes outside game mechanics. Worthy of this kind of rant? No.

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #8 on: 08 Jun 2010, 17:36 »

I don't like it.   I also don't like the fact that everyone treats Sansha different from any other faction.   

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jun 2010, 17:42 »

I don't like it.   I also don't like the fact that everyone treats Sansha different from any other faction.   

I see lots of parallels between how players treat the Sansha and the Amarr, to be honest. Note, I'm not saying that the two factions actually have major similarity beyond the superficial question of "slaves", but in many cases the IC invective against one could be replaced with the other and it would read exactly the same.

I do think that people tend to treat them differently than the other pirate factions, but other than the Blooders, the others probably sort of meld together in a lot of people's minds.

Vieve

« Reply #10 on: 08 Jun 2010, 17:45 »

Hey, I think people'd be doing similar if Blood Raiders started random mass involuntary blood drives on inhabited planets.  :P

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #11 on: 08 Jun 2010, 17:47 »

Funny a non sansha player proposed this. Are there any sansha players that actually want to zombify people?

Vikarion

« Reply #12 on: 08 Jun 2010, 18:26 »

I like it because it proposes a rule system for a possible change to my RP, that I do not completely control. (I mean, I do, ultimately, but you understand, I hope.) I'm not trying to jump on the Sansha bandwagon, already been there and done that, but it injects a bit of a thrill into the whole thing: Vikarion left the Nation, and he's rather afraid they might manage to get him back.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #13 on: 09 Jun 2010, 10:39 »

No.
Hell no.

But easy enough to fix,

Hence the rage.

Fuck no.

Stereotypes are a part of life. Always were always will be, and any game that has any sort of roleplay is going to have them. And frankly, given recent events, Sansha stereotype of implanting people all borg like is well and deserved. And seemingly a big part of their goals. I see an OOC attempt at negotiating a new risk into player interaction.

Interesting yes. Realistic to expect it to work? Not really, as it goes outside game mechanics. Worthy of this kind of rant? No.

Let's see. I wonder how many of our Amarr players would agree to this suggestion were the "Sansha" replaced with "Imperial" and "Implants" with "Vitoc" ?

Would the UK use a Shamanistic herbs to convince Amarrians to change sides? One with excactly the same effects as Vitoc treatments?

Would it be fair representation? Would it effect views if the one suggesting the idea were playing Gallante?

How about it? Sound like something Amarr/Minmatar players would like to use?
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 09 Jun 2010, 10:43 »

How about it? Sound like something Amarr/Minmatar players would like to use?

Gnergh...

Pages: [1] 2 3