Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The True Slaves are loyal, implant controlled slave troops of Sansha Kuvakei? Moar here.

Author Topic: I'm not sure exactly if this is the right...oh, never mind. Here.  (Read 1128 times)

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Owner/Operator GZS Productions & Club Zer0
  • Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

Okay, so I've been working on a website a bit. Wanted to get opinions. Please check it out if you want and tell me whats good and what's not, besides the lack of content. It'll come along.

http://www.groundzerosum.com/
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Am watching this. Noticed you've added some stuff to the chronicles part today, that's nice. :)

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

Yeah, I've pulled some older stuff I still had around from before and edited a bit. I'm trying my best to make it entertaining and informative so people can interact with me and kind of already have a feel of what Visian/Vapor is all about. Thanks for checking it out.  :D
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr

The webpage design is excellent. It is very professional looking. Clean. Uncluttered. The buttons have a nice fade transition. Including the portrait of the real life man behind the characters is a warm, personal touch.

Are those three characters your three alts? I am not sure why you would want everyone to know who your alts are. I suppose it's no problem if you have a Hauler alt on another account.

Visian was executed by the Amarrians and somehow brought back to life/ re-cloned? Was he a clone before he was executed? I don't understand how this could happen.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

They are my alts. However, they serve more as story elements for Visian than characters that will be interacting often with others. Angus has actually been my main for years. About the only thing I do with him is run missions and such, so if people want to shoot at him, they should feel free to do so.  ;)

Visian was executed and brought back. He was a pilot that went by the name Mr Vapor. I sold that character and he's been inactive ever since. So, I took his given name and made this character to continue his story. The 5 years or so between his last known appearance in the cluster and today was spent as a clone soldier on the ground. I'm still working on that background so it doesn't conflict with PF, but I'm confident it'll make sense when I'm done. That will all be on the site eventually in the form of one of the Vapor Chronicles. I just bought EVE Source today and I understand it has a lot of info on the difference between capsuleers and DUST soldiers, so I want to consult that before I go too far with it so I can make the explanation believable and non-game breaking.

ground ze/ro sum

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr

I suppose I need to do that too. Where does one purchase the EVE source?

I just wrote a huge story which included Caldari gladiatorial games. The athletes wore cloning helmets when they played. If they were killed in the game, they were just brought back to life in a clone body at half-time. Violent death was entertainment for the fans, and a visit to the penalty box for the athletes. That story wouldn't make sense now. 

I suppose you could have been a 'prototype' Dustie.

Your back story hints at memories of torture at the hands of the Amarr, with the Sisters of Eve in particular. Since the Dustie tech was reverse engineered from sleeper technology, it is conceivable that the wormhole exploring Sisters of EVE (Astero, Stratios) were among the first to discover this tech. Naturally they wouldn't know what these brain implants were for, so they would test them on slaves and captives first.

If these brain implants started turning you into some kind of an unmanageable super soldier, naturally the Amarrians would want you killed. How could they know that your mind was uploaded at the moment of your death into some kind of alien storage device?

It's interesting to note that the Sisters of Eve are beginning to see the capsuleers as a problem that must be eliminated. I wonder if that's why the DUSTies are using superior mind-transference technology that isn't available to capsuleers yet? Are the DUSTies being developed as a check against the power of the capsuleers? According to a trailer, all four of the factions fear that their control is slipping.

When the developer says that the personality would be 'forked', I wonder what he means? Is that because of the consciousness transference? I would probably become a different person if I had my mind transferred into an invincible twenty foot metallic body with machine guns for arms. If I were able to switch between the two bodies, then I suppose I would have a 'forked' personality. I notice a lot of people that are nice in person suddenly develop a Mr. Hyde type of personality when they start driving a car. The same is also true for lottery winners, or alcoholics.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Dust tech was developed by the Amarr actually, Jikahr.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

I bought the Kindle version on Amazon. I figured it'd be good reading on the go as well.

I know that the instant transference capabilities of a pod pilot are not something you can just put in a helmet. The unit that makes it possible is something like the size of a refrigerator or something. The DUST tech is only possible because it's Sleeper derived. Even then, you have to be within range of a CRU in order to be dropped into a new body upon death.

As far as my character goes, Visian has a lot of background that deals with the SOE and I was thinking a 'prototype' soldier might be the way I would go. Not as strong or athletic as a DUST soldier, nor having the Sleeper tech in him. Something comparable though and first gen experimentation. He was definitely not a super-soldier. He died a lot. A lot more than when he was in a pod.

Regardless, I promise this will all come to light on the page. I don't want to give up all the details.

As far as the "forked" personality, I would expect the transition between the two, with the different neural maps and implants contained in the respective brains, would be quite jarring. Visian has a therapist and he didn't just jump between the two. A considerable amount of time was spent in neurosurgery, genetic therapies, etc. to get back to the capsuleer state. He actually had a multiple personality disorder in his first incarnation. The whole process actually made him a lot better. I'm definitely not trying to portray the transition as something that was done overnight.

Also, what Sam said...DUST tech was developed and used by the Amarr first as detailed in Templar One.

ground ze/ro sum

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

I threw on a new page.

ground ze/ro sum

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor

Something I noticed about the video you posted: The current year is 116, not 115. Secondly, it's YC, not CY (standing for Yoiul Conference).

Otherwise, site looks good. Good to see more updates. :)

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

Well, I'm glad someone pointed it out to me. I will change that as soon as I can. Thanks! :D

ground ze/ro sum

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help

Also, what Sam said...DUST tech was developed and used by the Amarr first as detailed in Templar One.

You don't have to let that limit you.  Templar One does mention prototype projects that the Federation and the Republic were working on prior to the Amarr's coming out with DUST technology.

Quote from: Gonzales, Tony (2012-01-03). EVE: Templar One (pp. 41-42). Macmillan. Kindle Edition. 

“The Navy floated several proposals for creating supersoldiers,” Souro started. “Most were like the Caldari model: They combined elements of cloning and cybernetic engineering. Some proof-of-concepts became elite fighting units, but not in any widespread capacity.”

“Why not?” Jacus asked.

“Because attrition is still costly,” Souro said. “You mean from the expense of producing the soldier?”

“No,” Souro said, as some drool began trickling from the corner of his mouth. “It’s losing experience that hurts. You can’t replace the knowledge that dies with a veteran soldier quickly. But there was another idea.”

Jacus stood and began gently dabbing Souro’s face with a handkerchief. “Please go on,” Jacus encouraged.

“One group wanted funding to apply immortal-capsuleer technology to soldiers.”

“Interesting,” Jacus noted. “What happened to the idea?”

“No one thought it could work,” Souro said. “The equipment that supports cognitive-state transfers would have to be miniaturized. Then you need cybernetic tech that preserves a soldier’s memory. And all of this would need to happen in an uncontrolled battlefield environment.”

Jacus reflected a moment. On starships, the capsule is what managed state transfers of a capsuleer’s mind at the point of destruction. When the protective pod was breached, a snapshot of the pilot’s brain was taken and transferred into a clone using entangled communication systems. But it was supported by a huge interstellar infrastructure network based on stations and stargates.

“Our best people couldn’t figure this out,” Souro said. “Then there were ethical constraints.”

“How so?”

“Testing new technology on humans, even if it passed survivability assurance in AI constructs, wasn’t something I was comfortable with,”

Quote from: Gonzales, Tony (2012-01-03). EVE: Templar One (p. 42). Macmillan. Kindle Edition.
“Do you know if anyone else is pursuing this?” Jacus asked. “We know the Caldari aren’t,” Souro answered. “Tibus Heth allegedly scoffed at the idea of immortal soldiers. We’re fairly certain the Minmatar have tried and failed. But we don’t know about the Amarr Empire. We haven’t been able to see inside there since the Elders’ attack.”

Templar One referenced the Federation's "The Cain Project", but there's other pre-novel PF that suggests Duvolle was working on a rapid/cloning deployment project.

Cromeaux Inc. began as a division of Duvolle Labs' competitor Chemal Tech. As a research house, it had spent several years experimenting with new applications of cloning technology. Although its researchers made many small advances in the use of biomass in modern medicine, their owners at Chemal Tech were continuously disappointed with Cromeaux's inability to create low-cost cloning that could be brought to mass market. The entire division was in danger of liquidation when Duvolle Labs offered a very generous bid for the company. Industry analysts expected acquired staff to be folded into Duvolle's own cloning department, but Cromeaux Inc. remained largely autonomous.

In early YC111, an internal document from Cromeaux leaked to the press describing a new program called "Final Soldier." Although the aim of the project is unknown, the document does confirm that resources from both Duvolle's Personal Weapons Division and Cromeaux Inc. are involved, and that the team is headed by Xarasier himself.

Why the damn pre-existing PF wasn't even mentioned in passing in Templar One escapes me, but, hey...  :D

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum

Hmmm, those are very good points. I'll definitely keep them in mind. Thanks!

I'm re-reading all the novels and PF stuff again just to make sure I'm not making any big leaps.

ground ze/ro sum