Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

Author Topic: Re: An idea to spark an RP resurgence. Looking for support.  (Read 1206 times)

Anyanka Funk

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr

TL; DR

-OOC Roleplay mailing list.

-Members of the list receive or identify two commodity items, a person and a thing, and a place.
-You are challenged to make a story from the combination of the person, thing and place.
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Dessau

TL; DR

-Members of the list receive or identify two commodity items, a person and a thing, and a place.
-You are challenged to make a story from the combination of the person, thing and place.

Oddly enough, there are still 4B ISK worth of 'easter eggs' [read: in-game commodities] related to Seneun's story which were never claimed. Not very much by modern alliance standards, but would still pay for a few nice ships.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr

TL; DR

Oddly enough, there are still 4B ISK worth of 'easter eggs' [read: in-game commodities] related to Seneun's story which were never claimed. Not very much by modern alliance standards, but would still pay for a few nice ships.

This is the first I have heard of it. A google search reveals 'Heneacaena, Targalion', and then Diana Kim explaining that the Federation must be destroyed, and Naupilius claiming that Minmatar must be sacrificed.

However, yes. This sort of thing. A story, a riddle, and 'secret treasure' to those that bother to look.

Anyanka Funk

TL; DR

Are we given the items, etc. Can we pick our own? Can we secret santa items to list members? Will the list of people be public or at least viewable by its members? Can Anyanka/I be on said list?
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2014, 11:24 by Anyanka Funk »

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
Re: An idea to spark an RP resurgence. Looking for support.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2014, 13:05 »

[/quote]

Are we given the items, etc. Can we pick our own? Can we secret santa items to list members? Will the list of people be public or at least viewable by its members? Can Anyanka/I be on said list?
[/quote]

1. The items would be chosen for you by someone else, possibly given to you through a contract.
2. There should be an option to pass your turn, or choose/ substitute with your own items. Giving a slave with a Slaver hound in Amarr to a Minmatar low sec pirate would probably just be trolling them. The optional substitution items might be things that you have acquired yourself, although it is possible to 'cheat' and buy or just look at/ refer to the items in a Station.
3. 'Secret Santa' is a good idea. I'm not sure how it would work in EVE. You could do it through an alt I suppose. Do contracts list their senders?
4. Will the list of people be public? Well, I doubt it. It's a mailing list. I think your name would be on it if you sent or replied to another person on the list. Then again, we would have to know who we were sending the 'MacGuffins' out to, so we would have to know the names of everyone on the list.
5. Yes, I think you could be on this list. It would be an OOC list, so there would have to be a prior agreement that this information is confidential, and couldn't be used for meta-gaming. I suppose it would be a kind of mini-game, like the hacking game.

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
Re: An idea to spark an RP resurgence. Looking for support.
« Reply #6 on: 18 Nov 2014, 02:25 »

[mod]Modded for being unconstructive.The followup is being removed for replying to modded content.On a side note:It speaks to the friendliness of Jikahr that he makes the effort of explaining such a short text. If you can't make the miniscule effort of reading a few paragraphs of text without having it explained in one sentence then don't bother replying. Expend that effort on rereading and comprehending and then reply in a constructive and contributing manner.TL:DR You no understand text then reread until comprehension or be modded.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2014, 02:29 by Jekaterine »
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban