Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation?  (The Burning Life pp 40,41)

Author Topic: Thera and related items  (Read 3175 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Thera and related items
« on: 16 Nov 2014, 06:18 »

4 stations in Thera, all owned by The Sanctuary, a division of the Sisters of Eve.

Institute of Paleocybernetics:
Tasked with investigating ancient yet still functioning artificial intelligence systems, this station is home to the Sanctuary’s foremost experts in the behavior and anatomy of the enigmatic Sleeper drones.

Unconfirmed reports leaked in YC116 suggest that researchers at this institute may have succeeded in what was once considered unachievable: capturing and containing operational Sleeper drone subjects. The vast majority of the station is accessible only to authorized Sanctuary personnel, and a heavy security presence discourages snooping.

Surveillance Observatory:
The advanced omni-spectral sensor arrays equipped to this station enable detailed observation and tracking of the Sleeper activity anywhere in this massive star system.

This facility also serves as the central processing location for data fed from gravitational field sensors fitted to each of the Sanctuary stations spread across Thera. This infrastructure allows rapid trilateration of nearby irregularities in space-time, whether they are detectable through normal scanner probes or not.

Applied Gravitation Laboratory:
This station houses the Sanctuary’s cutting-edge graviton physics research facility. Approaching vessels are advised to carefully follow all instructions from traffic controllers, as potentially hazardous spatial distortions may be present in the immediate vicinity.

It is widely assumed that this laboratory’s previous breakthroughs are responsible for the advanced cloaking capabilities of the Astero and Stratios class vessels. Access to the laboratory and administrative levels are restricted and all capsuleer guests are confined to their quarters without exception.

Fullerene Loom:
This station contains equipment dedicated to the delicate task of processing and manipulating fullerene-rich gases and their byproducts. The resulting polymers are used in multiple applications throughout Thera, enabling continued expansion and maintenance of the Sanctuary’s expedition.

Capsuleer guests at the stations are welcome within clearly designated zones, however use of the hybrid reaction lines is restricted to authorized Sanctuary personnel only.

Whatever they're up to, no players will have access to the data. Also, it states that no operational Sleeper drones have been captured, except by the Sanctuary. Maybe.

I'm sure other stuff will appear later.
\o/

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Thera and related items
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2014, 15:43 »

very interesting. I'll be curious to see where this goes.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2014, 17:23 »

http://imgur.com/a/thZsQ#0

I'll add pictures there as I find the time to take them.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2014, 17:38 »

Morwen, the picture you linked had an extremely interesting comment in it.
Will Capsuleers actually be able to leave their captain's quarters in that station?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2014, 17:58 »

http://imgur.com/a/thZsQ#0

I'll add pictures there as I find the time to take them.

Those landmark station wrecks.

Well, looks like someone took exception to the Sisters being there.

Or something.
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2014, 18:06 »

Morwen, the picture you linked had an extremely interesting comment in it.
Will Capsuleers actually be able to leave their captain's quarters in that station?

There's no additional WiS functionality on Sisi. That would have been spewed about already.

The implication is that, IC, we're welcome to wander around within certain areas - and of course there's the one station that enforces the current WIS status quo IC - but only there.

If nothing else, it's confirmation that the bullshit popup from clicking on the door panel in the CQ is just that - bullshit - in character, and that we are, in fact, allowed to leave those quarters on most stations. (tl;dr fuck you "what you see is all that you get" types)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2014, 07:02 »

I'm assuming there's nothing stopping us from having jump clones there...

Dessau

« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2014, 09:23 »

Thera feels to me a bit like B5 meets Mos Eisley, which isn't unappealing. That said, I'm unlikely to ever pay it a visit, but look forward to seeing some new content generated there.
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2014, 10:19 by Dessau »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #8 on: 09 Dec 2014, 11:48 »

So what's new ?

Mysterious Thukker wrecks, covert SoE colonisation program, etc. ?

http://now.eveonline.com/image/104493785413 look at all those ships gtfo'ing from that station.

http://now.eveonline.com/image/103800402683 what ship wreck is this ?
« Last Edit: 09 Dec 2014, 11:51 by Louella Dougans »
\o/

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #9 on: 09 Dec 2014, 11:58 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2014, 04:57 »

Someone found a whole bunch of Sansha in one of the new wormholes.

http://imgur.com/a/PR8T4

Perhaps he (Sansha) figured out how to use the Talocan polestars to open wormholes .. aka how he launches Incursions into k-space?

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2014, 07:23 »

Pretty nifty. And yeah, I'd say that was an Erebus wreck.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec 2014, 11:41 »

Someone found a whole bunch of Sansha in one of the new wormholes.

http://imgur.com/a/PR8T4

Perhaps he (Sansha) figured out how to use the Talocan polestars to open wormholes .. aka how he launches Incursions into k-space?

some of those are the Incursion npcs ! :o

and there's a few Revenant wrecks too.

A few scenarios spring to mind:

1. This is where the Incursions were being prepared from, and the Sleepers have awoken and taken exception to the Sansha presence.

2. This is where the Sansha were relocating to, from that news article where they were exiting a constellation in a hurry.

3. Sansha discovered this system and tried to take it, but failed.
\o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #13 on: 14 Feb 2015, 05:36 »

So what's new ? If anything.

\o/