Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa Corporation, or SuVee as it is commonly known, is the head of the self-proclaimed 'practical' faction within the Caldari State? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: An idea to spark an RP resurgence. Looking for support.  (Read 7883 times)

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
Re: An idea to spark an RP resurgence. Looking for support.
« Reply #45 on: 19 Nov 2014, 22:08 »

Amazing idea! Only thing that could make this better is if all players were allowed to create one in game item.

I was thinking this as well. Why can't players make and sell their own commodity items? I suppose with the EVE community though, there are bound to be people that make tasteless and insensitive items like 'the Jew claw'.
Ehh, I think peoples are already past that. I would, though, totally make 'the Gallente claw'.
Speaking about tasteless and insensitive items, I would imagine 'dickbutts' everywhere.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Owner/Operator GZS Productions & Club Zer0
  • Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #46 on: 19 Nov 2014, 23:06 »

Okay, so Visian is trying to get the word out. He needs something stolen. He's offering 1 billion ISK and 2 faction frigs for success. The pilot needs to be able to fly with a tech 1 cloak. Yes, you heard right, tech 1. And they will have to fly to several checkpoints all over space to actually get this item.

The entire time, I'll be offering a reward for any and all capsuleers to kill him. It's a game I call "Vapor Trail." If you make it back, you win. If someone else steals from you, they can bring it to me for a win.

I'm going to need actors in this. I don't have NPC's. Basically, Visian is going to be trying to get back some data that is a piece of memory he still can't get. He want's to know who killed him. This is the first step in the longer story that I hope will get some stuff started.

Visian has basically bought a club, he's promoting his illicit activities as entertainment.  He does have a purpose though.

Mods, should this be moved to a different section? This is storyline building, isn't it? Don't want to step on toes.
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #47 on: 20 Nov 2014, 13:05 »

Okay, so Visian is trying to get the word out. He needs something stolen. He's offering 1 billion ISK and 2 faction frigs for success. The pilot needs to be able to fly with a tech 1 cloak. Yes, you heard right, tech 1. And they will have to fly to several checkpoints all over space to actually get this item.

The entire time, I'll be offering a reward for any and all capsuleers to kill him. It's a game I call "Vapor Trail." If you make it back, you win. If someone else steals from you, they can bring it to me for a win.

I'm going to need actors in this. I don't have NPC's. Basically, Visian is going to be trying to get back some data that is a piece of memory he still can't get. He want's to know who killed him. This is the first step in the longer story that I hope will get some stuff started.

Visian has basically bought a club, he's promoting his illicit activities as entertainment.  He does have a purpose though.

Mods, should this be moved to a different section? This is storyline building, isn't it? Don't want to step on toes.

This is an interesting quest. 'Down and out in the Magic Kingdom' was about someone with access to clone like technology who was trying to solve their own murder.

I think you can just create a new thread yourself, and make it a strictly in-character thread. Call it 'the Vapor Trail'. Character posts can then be discussed and edited by their authors here if there are grammatical errors or some disagreement regarding the prime fiction (such as me stomping my dinosaur around on the planet Amarr with my laser rifle 'FAW THE EMPRAHHH! RAWR!'). Then, when complete, cut and paste the whole thing into the Intergalactic Summit

[spoiler]FAWH THE EMPRAHH!http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZH1E0LG9X2w/TmewRSDuX_I/AAAAAAAABEs/z4S-fh4MJdk/s1600/dinoriders.jpg[/spoiler]
Currently training Verbosity to level V.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #48 on: 20 Nov 2014, 14:09 »

I just sent out the first message from Visian himself through the Club Zero mailing list. That one is completely IC. I took a lot of the ideas suggested here for it, so thanks to everyone. I was having a really hard time how to figure out how to get it going.

Visian will take a more central role than I'd planned. However, I'm hoping this leads to new tangents with all of you. Maybe some bad blood will occur. Who knows? Just remember, it's an interactive and adapting storyline. The only thing I'm really going to do will be guiding it if it goes off the rails. What happens next completely depends on the reaction and participation of everyone.

XOXO,

V
"Lies, manipulation, deceit...those are my tools in trade. The end game is always violence though. It's no good to just beat someone. You have to dissect their world and make 'em beg for an end. You twist 'em as much as you can and then you come down on 'em like the hammer of god." - Visian Mu'artarkan, Private Sessions

ground ze/ro sum

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #49 on: 20 Nov 2014, 14:12 »

Only thing that bothers me is the donation system. Basically means the biggest wallet has an immediate advantage. I would prefer a random number lottery type thing. Consider the entry fee to be buying a ticket.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #50 on: 20 Nov 2014, 14:12 »

Wait, someone has used the title 'Club Zero' ICly? Damnit anyway.

That's an awful lot of backstory, flavor, and graphics to redo for my planned IC venue.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #51 on: 20 Nov 2014, 14:17 »

Wanna be a partner?  :D

ground ze/ro sum

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #52 on: 26 Nov 2014, 04:29 »

Ooo, a thing.

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #53 on: 26 Nov 2014, 14:41 »

Only thing that bothers me is the donation system. Basically means the biggest wallet has an immediate advantage. I would prefer a random number lottery type thing. Consider the entry fee to be buying a ticket.

There are a few story writing contests happening with large cash prizes. The prizes are being provided by several donors, such as the Angel project. Since this contest is providing storyline content, perhaps it would also qualify for such a donation? I agree that the chance of winning shouldn't be affected by the size of one's donation. Also, we should perhaps consider ways to make this contest 'newbie friendly'.

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #54 on: 27 Nov 2014, 17:03 »

Well, what I'm doing with it right now is this:

There will be the Roc Wieler concert in Taff on Dec. 21st.

I'm pushing the "Vapor Trail" event at least a month, because I think I jumped into that one too quick.

Basically, Visian wants to make a capsuleer media outlet financed by piracy to cover his quest for his missing time. He wants to know what happened and who is to blame. However, it's not a snowflake thing where I know everything that's going to happen. The story will adapt to the players, not vice versa. The goal is to get a bunch of like minded individuals together in one place to brainstorm events that play out in a storyline, much like episodic television, that involve many characters. Say an event a month, that is publicized as capsuleer entertainment, but can have many storylines coursing through it from many characters and their POV.

I'm using my story as an impetus to start a very cloak and daggery type storyline for myself. For others, it might be the quest for adventure and fame that gets them to participate in the events. For others, it may dredge up ghosts from the past that they feel need to be put to rest. Others still will just want to be involved because we are all important celebrities on our local worlds and this is just business as usual. Some will just want to get involved to promote their love of Eve based media, i.e. PVP vlogs and twitch feeds, etc.

Best part is it will all be organic. Nothing forced. No meta involvement. This will simply be actions and reactions storytelling with a live element. If you want to participate in the storyline side of it, I'll figure out a way to have an easy place to communicate. I might give Wiggio a go (update: go here to see the group. PW is nerdharder.), and put a link on the groundzerosum.com site.

I'll also use the site to display fiction involved with the storylines, even offering editing suggestions if you like (I'm a creative writing major and professional tech writer in RL). Any media or propaganda you want posted on site, just let me know and I can make new pages and sections.

If there are no objections, I'd also like to put a site link for the OOC forums here as a landing page as well. It'd do good to get new blood as it arrives interested in Eve and may help boost recruiting. Who knows. I'll have to promote well.

I want to do things that will get noticed, but not necessarily by the players of Eve overall. They play the game their way, we play ours. I'd like to see CCP take interest and start working more closely with us. There used to be a pretty good bond from the RP community to CCP. I'd like to see that happen again. So, good storytelling is a must and I know I'm not a perfect writer, but together we would be.

There's my pitch.  :lol:
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2014, 17:23 by Visian Mu'artarkan »

ground ze/ro sum

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #55 on: 27 Nov 2014, 17:15 »

(I'm a creative writing major and professional tech writer in RL).

!

Creative writing majors unite!

o/\o

Jikahr

• Egger
  • Grumpy Cat Amarr
« Reply #56 on: 27 Nov 2014, 20:05 »

I wonder how someone goes about writing EVE news? This is the sort of thing which certainly deserves to be announced as a news event.

Incidentally, I have wanted to invent some EVE 'news' from the Amarr Certified News network myself.

I was thinking of a low sec planet in the Factional warfare zone that was quarantined due to the plaque, and how the Amarrians are trying to help the Minmatar population by bringing vaccines and medicine. Of course, the Minmatar pirates don't understand this and keep shooting at the Amarrian ships anyways.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #57 on: 27 Nov 2014, 20:37 »

that was quarantined due to the plaque

"ohgod, the teeth! The horrible teeth!"

(Actually, that sounds rather good :P)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Visian Mu'artarkan

• Clonejack
    • ground zero sum
« Reply #58 on: 27 Nov 2014, 20:41 »

I wonder how someone goes about writing EVE news? This is the sort of thing which certainly deserves to be announced as a news event.

Incidentally, I have wanted to invent some EVE 'news' from the Amarr Certified News network myself.

I was thinking of a low sec planet in the Factional warfare zone that was quarantined due to the plaque, and how the Amarrians are trying to help the Minmatar population by bringing vaccines and medicine. Of course, the Minmatar pirates don't understand this and keep shooting at the Amarrian ships anyways.

I believe we called it "forum whoring" back in the day. You just write that stuff out and put it in places like IGS. If it's good, people notice.

I think Visian would be one to fund what essentially amounts to Faux News in Eve. He'd be down for that. LOL!

ground ze/ro sum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]