Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Author Topic: [Name To Be Determined] Lowsec RP/PvP Fed group  (Read 1759 times)

Valadeus

I don't normally do this before I dive head in, but I figured I would try to test the water first this time.

I'm looking at making a Fed-loyalist RP-PvP corp that focuses primarily in the warzone but may touch into nullsec at some point as well. The group would be pro-Republic, pro-Federation and have primarily a defensive mindset in the warzone (border patrol and security, fleet countermeasures and vanguard response). It would be primarily an RP corp though non-RPers would be considered as well.

My main hesitation to non-RPers is that they tend to do things in space that complicate matters from an RP perspective. (A defensive corp offensively plexing, for instance). But, I suppose I'll deal with that when the time comes.

I'm open to ideas but mostly just wanted to see if there was any interest. I know there are already a lot of Fed-loyal groups like Moira. (and the entire VA alliance).

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
Re: [Name To Be Determined] Lowsec RP/PvP Fed group
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2014, 09:35 »

Not something I can help with, for obvious reasons. But good luck.

Also, stay away from Moira/VA, they bad. Really bad.

Deitra Vess

• Immature Quasi Terrorist Interceptor Pilot
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2014, 10:38 »

I don't see how having some of your corp doing offensive plexing would be detrimental, as long as the main focus is defense. Only thing your going to have to contend with is non-rpers getting fed up with not ever having offensive campaigns. Which could be addressed by making part of your corp a "combat wing" (commanded by someone else who would work with you) and the rest a "home defense wing" at that rate though I would think you'd need to make friends with some more offensive minded corps and alliances to have your combat side fleet up with. I dunno, Just my .02 isk...

Dessau

« Reply #3 on: 14 Nov 2014, 10:42 »

If our little band gets any runts to sign on, we'll be sure to blue your squad. o7

Valadeus

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2014, 11:58 »

I don't see how having some of your corp doing offensive plexing would be detrimental, as long as the main focus is defense. Only thing your going to have to contend with is non-rpers getting fed up with not ever having offensive campaigns. Which could be addressed by making part of your corp a "combat wing" (commanded by someone else who would work with you) and the rest a "home defense wing" at that rate though I would think you'd need to make friends with some more offensive minded corps and alliances to have your combat side fleet up with. I dunno, Just my .02 isk...

Valuable input and good stuff to consider. Thanks.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 14 Nov 2014, 12:56 »

If you want a corp that does defensive mostly, then the solution is simple: Establish your corp HQ in a deep friendly system. While some roams might go out to the enemy systems, and do some plexing there, usually people will stay around the local space.

That's how we are in PIE, and it results in us only rarely doing plexing outside of the Bleaks.

Don't do hard rules, people won't listen to them, just encourage it by choosing an HQ in friendly space.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2014, 14:08 »

Also, to add to what Sami said, the actual FW borders rarely match historical borders.

So I can game mechanics offensive plex in systems that are Amarrian originally. But IC, Gaven considers attacking the Matari in Huola to be a defensive act, not an offensive one.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2014, 05:49 »

I can't play on a regular basis, but if you ever need some item delivered to your low-sec HQ, let me know, would love to arrange an rp-event for courier for Agiolet Security & Logistics

Go Pro-fed!

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2014, 08:36 »

Do the Caldari actually have systems now? Is it even possible for the Gallente to offensive-plex without moving over to the other Warzone?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #9 on: 16 Nov 2014, 08:37 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Valadeus

« Reply #10 on: 17 Nov 2014, 05:47 »

Given the information available and the direction RP has gone, I will be taking Liam in a different direction. Thanks for all of the feedback!