Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Author Topic: CSH  (Read 1549 times)

Anyanka Funk

CSH
« on: 13 Nov 2014, 14:05 »

Wondering about Combat Support Hospitals. Of course they should exist in New Eden and not just from SOE. DSTON has these facilities and I think Jandice employs this concept as well. With thousands of NPC ships destroyed daily it seems like something we'd see more of. The Hematology Advancement Program will be jumping on this bandwagon soon with Covenant Support Hospitals popping up. I would like some advice from other in character rescue workers. What are some ways to go about this? I'm thinking quite a few Mobile Depots will suffice for in space arpee. What about on the storyline side?
« Last Edit: 13 Nov 2014, 14:48 by Anyanka Funk »

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News
Re: CSH
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2014, 09:47 »

Hehe, this takes me back to my earliest version of the Aurora Arcology. Used to be more like such rescue camps. Helping the wounded who survived the Sansha attacks in temporary hospitals set up in stations & secure containers.

Your suggestion of mobile depots is good however, something I wish we had back in the day, they make for nice & easy identifiable objects in space. Also, the icon is fitting (a bunch of mobile depots together are sometimes referred to as tent-cities/camps. Also, capable of storing alot & you can place m close to known risk gates. These are gates with higher chance of lootcontainers, either due to ganking, or because of goods that become illegal in the next jump (other empire/nation). The amarr border is great if you want to do civilian rescues as you'll bounce on slaves from time to time.

Also, outfit a dedicated rescue ship, agility & being able to jump into warp fast is important. Due to criminal counters, a covert cloak ship becomes a necessity if you plan to do it often. Got to approach wrecks/containers cloaked in known gank systems, but also ability to cloak & warp becomes important with criminal timers.

Storywise I know too little about the Blood Raiders to give you more detailed advise, but I think it would be a great way to spread the Blood Raider faith among a population if you do rescue work, also boosting Blood Raider rep among a population as you help their wounded & rescue people.

But perhaps it could be part of a Blood program? Visit hospitals in lowsec across the cluster (taking lowsec, as such regions would get less goverment assistance) offering them a Blood exchange program, they can order blood for transfusions from you, if in exchange you are allowed to run blood donation centers in their neighbourhood. Lil note, there's a Blood Fund item ingame, and it's tied to Bloodraiders! Found a link: Blood Fund

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2014, 09:58 »

The rescue work is for rescuing those loyal to Omir only.  :twisted:

Any other people..

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2014, 10:40 »

I think MTU instead of depot with handwaved medbay inside would more suit this.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2014, 16:45 »

Ms. Flower, :P , I'm sorry but I'm going with mobile depots. Anyanka won't be placing the Covenant Support Hospitals at any site that would require a mobile tractor unit. The Covenant Support Hospitals are located in dead space and can be scanned. They may have items contained in them that can benefit other pilot's and their crew's health.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2014, 01:11 »

You see, when patients will try to run away, you can grab them by legs and "tractor" them back.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #6 on: 07 Dec 2014, 09:59 »

Researching how much space is inside a mobile depot. They are quite small and probably meant for just one person max. At fifty-six meters in length this is how big one mobile depot would be compared to a person:

And here is a person standing in the viewing hall:

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2014, 12:59 »

I know CCP item sizes don't always match up with the ships, but due to some *cough* recent "research" *innocent look* I can let you know that approxately 600 slaves, tourists, janitors, and exotic dancers fit in one mobile depot.  Whether they are jammed head to toe, I can't comment!

56 square meters (assuming that given the shape) is I think decent enough for a small field hospital.  I'd think there'd be enough room inside for a small set up.  For metric deprived people like me, that's about 183 feet by 183 feet.  Looking at the picture, at least two stories, maybe three, depending on how cramped?
« Last Edit: 08 Dec 2014, 14:53 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #8 on: 08 Dec 2014, 15:47 »

Field hospital exactly. More like a clinic. There are four airlock hatches visible from the exterior. I would divide the main floor into four rooms with one bed each. The viewing hall is actually a hall that extends down. And there is still room in the cylinder below.

Nauplius

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 08 Dec 2014, 20:38 »

Myself, I've tended to take the volumes of things at face value regardless of the appearance, hence my stuffing the aforementioned 600 Slaves (5 m^3) inside 3000 m^3 containers.  But there is probably room for flexibility on this issue, as long as one realizes others may chose to play it differently.