Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Author Topic: Phoebe Patch Notes  (Read 1758 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Phoebe Patch Notes
« on: 30 Oct 2014, 12:51 »

Found here.

This caught my eye:

A new line of rigs has been added, known as the Higgs Anchor rig. It is available in all rig sizes, tech one only:
25 Calibration
+100% Mass
-55% Inertia
-75% Max Velocity
Drawback of -10% Warp Speed (reduced by the Astronautics Rigging skill).

Seems.. relatively pointless, except for wormhole collapsing?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Anyanka Funk

Re: Phoebe Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2014, 13:06 »

Found here.

This caught my eye:

A new line of rigs has been added, known as the Higgs Anchor rig. It is available in all rig sizes, tech one only:
25 Calibration
+100% Mass
-55% Inertia
-75% Max Velocity
Drawback of -10% Warp Speed (reduced by the Astronautics Rigging skill).

Seems.. relatively pointless, except for wormhole collapsing?

It would also effect fuel efficiency for jump bridges / jump portals if someone wants to be a dick.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 13:17 by Anyanka Funk »

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:26 »

Mining.
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:31 »

Reduce bumping efficiency. Hmm. I can see uses for this. Not enough to make it worth it over other rigs, but uses.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:50 »

Apparently CCP had originally conceived of it as a miner's rig (sit aligned while moving more slowly, harder to bump, etc) but right now the thing everyone is planning to use i for is rolling wormholes with a relatively small hull. Between plates and this rig, you can get a Proteus significantly over the mass of a battleship and still have it be somewhat mobile.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:56 »

Probably better to use on a Devoter than a Proterus for hole wrecking to be honest.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2014, 16:36 »

Except that the discussed Proteus fit uses the covert subsystem. Also, Devoter does not have sufficient grid to carry the same number of plates.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2014, 16:50 »

Even so, puffing out to the size of a battleship to crit an exit, then shrinking back down to the size of a destroyer by popping off le rigs, offlining plates,  and popping a bubble to go back home rather than being a locked out Proterus seems to me to be more reasonable.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #8 on: 01 Nov 2014, 05:11 »

Who gets locked out when rolling holes in their own system (which is the only conceivable reason to roll a hole).  They typically know the mass limitations and can very closely approximate (if not outright know) everything that's going through it, mass-wise.

EDIT: Alexylva Paradox taught me how to wormholes.  They just didn't teach me how to pve.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #9 on: 01 Nov 2014, 06:17 »

Sorry Havo. I'm used to living in c6/c5 where null exits are more common kspace exits. Getting stuck out in bumfucked Egypt could sometimes last a few days if I was busy in real life. I apologize to Esna as well. To each is own.