Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Author Topic: For The State  (Read 1794 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
For The State
« on: 30 Oct 2014, 11:35 »

I am a loyal servant of the Caldari State.

I have trained for this moment for my entire existence.

I recall my training. Our class was taught about Patriotism. Famous State heros. I admired Diana Kim and her clarity of purpose. She is my hero.

Our class consisted of thousands. We learned about the ships of the Enemy. The Hated Enemy. The Gallente Federation. I loathe the Gallente with every atom of my being. They stand for everything that we do not. They must be destroyed.

I launch into the void. I look at the stars. They are beautiful. I take a brief moment to orientate myself.

I see a ship of the Enemy. The Gallente must be destroyed.

My sensors give me other information about the ship. I consider it irrelevant. The Gallente Must Be Destroyed.

I accelerate to attack speed.

The Gallente ship looms large in front of me.

My only regret is that I have but one existence to give.

I do so willingly. The Gallente Must Be Destroyed.

For The State.

[spoiler]Epilogue:

FC > Friendly fire! Friendly fire!
Grunt > God damn FOF IIs are as bad as they ever were![/spoiler]
\o/

Anyanka Funk

Re: For The State
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2014, 11:59 »

[spoiler]Please don't lock this thread for trolling. I think Lou may be on to something here. This may be able to give some insight into Kim's world. If Kim could respond to this with her own fiction this could actually become some interesting form of collaborative roleplay. Anyway, well done Lou. You project the essence of a state soldier ammunition ala Kim well. Even if it is meant as satire.  :lol:

Edit: Even better! Well done.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 20:43 by Anyanka Funk »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2014, 12:03 »

[spoiler]<.< >.>

The narrator is actually a Caldari Navy Scourge Auto-Targeting Cruise Missile II

Yes, I know, that FOF IIs don't exist, and you don't get faction variants of Tech 2 stuff, but it's set in A possible future.

lol.[/spoiler]
\o/

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2014, 16:03 »

- I cannot believe it. Whole 60%!!
- I told you.
- I am sorry, Commander, but you just stormed in, how I could guess you could do it yourself?
- Don't worry about it, I have my own resources.
- I still don't understand, how did you manage it. We have run all optimization procedures, on both software and hardware. Our best technicians said that increase of efficiency and reaction time more than 5.4% is not possible. And here you come with whole 60%!! What's the secret?...
- The secret? Carbonide.
- Carbonide? What does it have to do with carbonide?..
- Spectral distinguishing between carbonide and carbide compounds is way faster than checking electronic signatures.

Senior technician thought for a second, then turned around with widened his eyes:
- Wait, wait, does it mean it will...
- Yes. ALL enemies of the State must be destroyed.
- Commander Kim, I refuse to do this!
- Look at me. You have two options now. First, you leave old firmware, and I screw your balls away with those very hands. Or second, you install my firmware into new FOF missiles, get 60% greater response time and get bonus payment as a best engineer in the corporation. Choose one, but hurry, I am running out of time.

Quintrala

• Speed Fairy
  • Wetgraver
  • Summer is coming
    • Speed Fairy Blog
« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2014, 21:29 »

I like this!

You know, one thing is to have 'artificial intelligence' as in having a weapon think by itself... but then to have, say, a bomb feeling happy and fulfilled because it's finally blowing the enemy up and has SO been waiting for this all its life.

Yah, make them sentient, give 'em emotions or beliefs and let them loose in pursuit of happiness. They will do a much better job if they like it! ;)

Q
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2014, 21:49 by Quintrala »

Valadeus

« Reply #5 on: 08 Nov 2014, 06:13 »

Personally, I thought every Caldari was brainwashed trained this way and that their ammunition was programmed the same way.

On a more serious note, this was entertaining and made me chuckle. I really died laughing when I read this and then saw Lithium Flower's FW signature.

Good times.